+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES - Statement of marks Not Accepted

Krupali_faldu

Jul 13, 2019
My marksheets got rejected twice even though they were sent by my university directly. I really don’t understand what to do now.

Jan 2, 2020
I sent 2 sealed and stamped envelops received from the Pune University to WES. First envelop containing attested copies of degree certificate and all engineering mark-sheets. Second envelop containing transcript. Both the envelopes were sealed ans stamped by the University. I put both the envelops in a single DHL packet and sent to WES.

My status says -

Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional) - Accepted
Statement of Marks - Not Accepted

Reason: WES received your mark sheets, but they were not sent directly from your academic institution as required by WES.
Instructions: Please ask your academic institution to send your mark sheets directly to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.

Here I don't understand why only Degree Certificate is accepted and not the statement of marks (marksheets) since both were in the same envelope. Also there is no mention of the word transcript on the wes portal, is "transcript" is referred to as "statement of marks" here?

I inquired at the Pune university but they said there is no provision of university sending the documents to WES directly.

Could somebody please help me?

Thanks,
Abhijeet Patil

Hi Abhijeet,
It seems your university might have not sent the WES Academic Request form along with the degree and marksheet. Please ask your university to attest it and send it to WES along with your marksheets and degree. Link to download this form is: https://applications.wes.org/onlineapp/pdf/ca/International_Transcript_Request.pdf

Khalid81

Jan 16, 2020
I too received the same comments from WES, although they accepted my Degree/Provisional certificate, but rejected Statement of Marks with the below reason

Reason: WES received your mark sheets, but they were not sent directly from your academic institution as required by WES.

My University say that they sent all documents in 1 single envelope. I'm wondering how can WES accept some and reject other documents. Any help/guidance in this regards will be highly appreciated.

Shadab64

Jan 18, 2020
hi.
I received my sealed transcript from pune university today. I would like to ask if do I need to do certificate attestation as well n put in together one envelop n send to Wes.
Please update me on this . Your reply’s will b appreciated .

athuk236

Jan 6, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have been requested to provide statement of marks to WES for course-by-course evaluation (ICAP). Is this the Official transcript or Transcript of marks WES is referring to as my University could provide both. I am unsure of what to apply for and do not want a rejection from WES later on. Can anyone assist me in this?

Thank you.