+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES - Statement of marks Not Accepted

AbhijeetPatil

Jan 25, 2019
I sent 2 sealed and stamped envelops received from the Pune University to WES. First envelop containing attested copies of degree certificate and all engineering mark-sheets. Second envelop containing transcript. Both the envelopes were sealed ans stamped by the University. I put both the envelops in a single DHL packet and sent to WES.

My status says -

Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional) - Accepted
Statement of Marks - Not Accepted

Reason: WES received your mark sheets, but they were not sent directly from your academic institution as required by WES.
Instructions: Please ask your academic institution to send your mark sheets directly to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.

Here I don't understand why only Degree Certificate is accepted and not the statement of marks (marksheets) since both were in the same envelope. Also there is no mention of the word transcript on the wes portal, is "transcript" is referred to as "statement of marks" here?

I inquired at the Pune university but they said there is no provision of university sending the documents to WES directly.

Could somebody please help me?

Thanks,
Abhijeet Patil

Last edited:

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
I sent 2 sealed and stamped envelops received from the Pune University to WES. First envelop containing attested copies of degree certificate and all engineering mark-sheets. Second envelop containing transcript. Both the envelopes were sealed ans stamped by the University. I put both the envelops in a single DHL packet and sent to WES.

My status says -

Reason: WES received your mark sheets, but they were not sent directly from your academic institution as required by WES.
Instructions: Please ask your academic institution to send your mark sheets directly to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.

Here I don't understand why only Degree Certificate is accepted and not the statement of marks (marksheets) since both were in the same envelope. Also there is no mention of the word transcript on the wes portal, is "transcript" is referred to as "statement of marks" here?

I inquired at the Pune university but they said there is no provision of university sending the documents to WES directly.

Thanks,
Abhijeet Patil
WES has recently changed their policies and due to some fraudulent documents received in the past applicants from India must deliver their transcript straight from the university ONLY. So you will have to figure out a way to convince your university to send the transcript directly to wes.

mouserat

Jan 17, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2019

Thanks,
Abhijeet Patil

Hi Abhijeet, I recently received the same response as well even though my college actually did send the documents directly.
Degree certificate was accepted but not the marksheet, both were in the same envelope.
Degree certificate was accepted because WES doesn't expect it to be attested or to be sent directly from college. In fact you can even fax it to them and save shipping costs.
But marksheet has to be sent directly by the college. If your college have no such provision of sending docs directly then there is nothing you can do. WES doesn't care. I have called and emailed them several times, the dont respond well. I saw in other posts that their response to this was "wait until your college has such a provision." Sorry man...
As for me I have asked my college to send the docs to WES directly again, just like the last time. Don't know why WES thought my college didn't send directly. Waiting for an update from them...

foggy_glasses

Dec 12, 2018

My status says -

Thanks,
Abhijeet Patil
I'm in the same boat as well. I received the same reason for rejecting the Statement of marks. I wonder what actually constitutes as being "sent directly from the Institution".

IeltsDream2019

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
I'm in the same boat as well. I received the same reason for rejecting the Statement of marks. I wonder what actually constitutes as being "sent directly from the Institution".
I'm in same boat.. my university doesn't send marksheet to Wes! They refused same.. what should I do now!! Please help folks!

mouserat

Jan 17, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2019
i have already posted here https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-rule-changes-for-india-dec2018-word-of-caution.599261/page-10 whatever i did to get my marksheet accepted.

1) I had the sealed envelope containing the marksheets. Marksheets and transcripts are the same thing.
2) The envelope contained 7 individual semester marksheets out of 8, consolidated marksheet with 8 tables containing grades and CGPAs of all semesters and a copy of the back side of the consolidated marksheet, which basically explains why there are only 7 individual semester marksheets. (because after 8th semester we are given the consolidated marksheet which supersedes all previously given marksheets).
3) So total 9 papers inside the envelope. 7 individual marksheets, 1 consolidated marksheet and 1 explaining why 8th sem individual marksheet is not there. No need to put WES' Authorization Reuqest Form,; it's only optional.
4) All 9 were black and white xerox copies, NOT ORIGINALS. Each copy was attested and signed by Registrar.
5) I'm pretty sure individual semester marksheets are not required but i sent them anyway. If ur college doesn't give them its ok i think.
6) Envelope had the college logo and address in the front. If urs doesn't then at least get the front of the envelope stamped by some college official. Just don't leave it plain.
7) Envelope was sealed at the back with the stamp on the back flap.
8) My college is not on the autonomous list. They conduct their own exams.
7) My college is somewhere else and I live work in a different city. I didn't want to go all the way to college again to post docs to WES. So I just walked to a DTDC shop near my house.
8) DTDC guy gave 2 options : 2200/- (they only deliver it, 6 business days) and 2700/- (tie up with DHL, 3 business days)
9) I went with 2700/- option. My docs reached within 3 business days.
10) Don't put ur sealed envelope in any other courier's own envelope.
11) DTDC staples the shipping label (a paper with package details in it) to the envelope.
12) In the shipping label i wrote sender address exactly as "Registrar, Address of my college".
13) I was asked to sign on the shipping label. I found out the name of the Registrar and just signed as him and sent.
14) I had already sent my degree certificate so didn't include it this time.

This is it. Follow this and I don't see why ur docs will get rejected.
JNTU students, ANNA University students regularly do this as their colleges don't send docs.
Make sure u don't break the envelope seal. Don't tamper with envelope.
Don't put the sealed envelope in an other envelope.
Don't mention any personal details on the envelope or the shipping label and ull be fine.

Rangrez

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
i have already posted here https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-rule-changes-for-india-dec2018-word-of-caution.599261/page-10 whatever i did to get my marksheet accepted.

1) I had the sealed envelope containing the marksheets. Marksheets and transcripts are the same thing.
2) The envelope contained 7 individual semester marksheets out of 8, consolidated marksheet with 8 tables containing grades and CGPAs of all semesters and a copy of the back side of the consolidated marksheet, which basically explains why there are only 7 individual semester marksheets. (because after 8th semester we are given the consolidated marksheet which supersedes all previously given marksheets).
3) So total 9 papers inside the envelope. 7 individual marksheets, 1 consolidated marksheet and 1 explaining why 8th sem individual marksheet is not there. No need to put WES' Authorization Reuqest Form,; it's only optional.
4) All 9 were black and white xerox copies, NOT ORIGINALS. Each copy was attested and signed by Registrar.
5) I'm pretty sure individual semester marksheets are not required but i sent them anyway. If ur college doesn't give them its ok i think.
6) Envelope had the college logo and address in the front. If urs doesn't then at least get the front of the envelope stamped by some college official. Just don't leave it plain.
7) My college is somewhere else and I live work in a different city. I didn't want to go all the way to college again to post docs to WES. So I just walked to a DTDC shop near my house.
8) DTDC guy gave 2 options : 2200/- (they only deliver it, 6 business days) and 2700/- (tie up with DHL, 3 business days)
11) DTDC staples the shipping label (a paper with package details in it) to the envelope.
12) In the shipping label i wrote sender address exactly as "Registrar, Address of my college".
13) I was asked to sign on the shipping label. I found out the name of the Registrar and just signed as him and sent.

JNTU students, ANNA University students regularly do this as their colleges don't send docs.
Don't mention any personal details on the envelope or the shipping label and ull be fine.

Did it work? It would be great if you can update this post after a few days.

IeltsDream2019

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Did it work? It would be great if you can update this post after a few days.
No it didn't work, my university is in different city, I work in different city, I have the sealed envelope of transcript with me, when I tried to put sender's name, address as university in courier receipt they denied simply.

They said it won't be possible to put any address different than actual pickup address.

It implies the courier needs to be sent from the post office in your native university/city.
I'need to travel to there to just post a envelope.

Waste is money, time and efforts due Wes rule changes.

IeltsDream2019

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
No it didn't work, my university is in different city, I work in different city, I have the sealed envelope of transcript with me, when I tried to put sender's name, address as university in courier receipt they denied simply.

They said it won't be possible to put any address different than actual pickup address.

It implies the courier needs to be sent from the post office in your native university/city.

Typos excused..

mouserat

Jan 17, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2019

please try DTDC. maybe Fedex/DHL are strict about this. DTDC was ok with this in my case.
u can also get this done through India Post, if they are ok with u putting ur college as sender.

@cv

Mar 14, 2019

Hi, Thankyou for sharing ur experience.
I have a question here.. Even my marksheets were rejected by WES for the same reason - stating that the academic institution needs to send it, however my institute doesnt have a policy in place to send these documents abroad.

Now I am planning to resend it, I have 2 degrees which is BCOM from thakur colg and an MCOM (distance program) from Mumbai University.

I Have procured my transcripts from both the institutes and got the attestation done yet again from the univeristy (churchgate)

So should i send both my transcripts separately in the individual college/univeristy envelops by one courier from kandivali (thakur college ) and the other from santacruz (IDOL - University is in kalina) and for the attested documents yet another courier from fort ?? Or do i put these all from one single courier serice in fort but do not put it in any other enevolpes. Basically does the place in the city(pincode) matter?

And will the sender address in both these will be different?? One from registrar thakur college and other from registrar univeristy??

Also my college transcripts in signed by the principal but on the envelope stamp a clerk signed saying it is ok and it will do.

I don't want it to get rejected yet again .. please guide me a little here.. thanks

Last edited:

mouserat

Jan 17, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2019
Hi, Thankyou for sharing ur experience.
I have a question here.. Even my marksheets were rejected by WES for the same reason - stating that the academic institution needs to send it, however my institute doesnt have a policy in place to send these documents abroad.

Now I am planning to resend it, I have 2 degrees which is BCOM from thakur colg and an MCOM (distance program) from Mumbai University.

I Have procured my transcripts from both the institutes and got the attestation done yet again from the univeristy (churchgate)

So should i send both my transcripts separately in the individual college/univeristy envelops by one courier from kandivali (thakur college ) and the other from santacruz (IDOL - University is in kalina) and for the attested documents yet another courier from fort ?? Or do i put these all from one single courier serice in fort but do not put it in any other enevolpes. Basically does the place in the city(pincode) matter?

And will the sender address in both these will be different?? One from registrar thakur college and other from registrar univeristy??

Also my college transcripts in signed by the principal but on the envelope stamp a clerk signed saying it is ok and it will do.

I don't want it to get rejected yet again .. please guide me a little here.. thanks
Please send the envelopes separately, do not put them in one envelope.
I don't understand this third set of "attested docs"?!?! Both ur transcripts should be attested by each of ur 2 colleges.
For me the pincode didn't matter, but if all of ur different envelopes reach at the same exact time and if they happen to notice the same pincode they might reject it. So better u get ur BCOM docs accepted first, then send ur MCOM docs or vice versa, in my opinion.
Sender address is different for different envelopes. "Registrar, Address of ur college X".
Its signature OR stamp on the back flap of the envelope. Not necessary to have both. It shouldn't matter now i guess.

@cv

Mar 14, 2019
Please send the envelopes separately, do not put them in one envelope.
I don't understand this third set of "attested docs"?!?! Both ur transcripts should be attested by each of ur 2 colleges.
For me the pincode didn't matter, but if all of ur different envelopes reach at the same exact time and if they happen to notice the same pincode they might reject it. So better u get ur BCOM docs accepted first, then send ur MCOM docs or vice versa, in my opinion.
Sender address is different for different envelopes. "Registrar, Address of ur college X".
Its signature OR stamp on the back flap of the envelope. Not necessary to have both. It shouldn't matter now i guess.
Ok so here is what i understand:

1. I need to send my bcom transcripts from kandivali which are in a sealed envelope stamped and signed
- sender address as registrar, address of my colg

2. In the next few days, if my bcom is accepted ill send thru my mcom which is yet again stamped and signed by the university from kalina santacruz
- sender address as registrar, address of university

Pls Confirm if i got it correctly.

Question:
1. Do I actually write- REGISTRAR or a particular name( of colg registrar) or for that matter of my principal while sending .. also do i sign accordingly?

2.The attested documents you asked are my transcripts, marksheets and convocations which are attested by mumbai university. Do i need to resend this as well.

Coz my degree certificated was accepted however the marksheets weren't.

Please assit me. Thanks for ur reply.
Great help!!