+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES rejected my ECA and IQAS approved it. My documents submitted after against ITA got rejected

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Not completely true. Just that a degree from XYZ university is unknown and a local Canadian degree holder will be preferred over a foreign degree for obvious reasons. You tell me, if you are an employer and you have someone from Mumbai University vs someone from a Xanshan University, where would you risk your investment to hire an employee. And it’s a similar scenario for a Canadian employer
I feel like you're saying the same thing I did.

Reactions: zee90999

zrher00

Jan 26, 2020
My Graduation documents were approved by WES but they rejected my post grads. IQAS approved my Post graduation documents. Hence i submitted two reports one from WES for Graduation and IQAS for Post graduation. I received ITA but now after 6 month my application got rejected as even though they acknowledge that IQAS has approved it, WES rejecting it doesnot seem to satisfy them. What should i do next?

Please advice.
If I were you and cared about staying/moving to Ca permanently, I'd for sure get a lawyer and take it all the way as IRCC, to me at least, is in the wrong here. I don't know I could say it's malice on the part of the agent or just pure incompetence but again since this is your life path we're talking about, I'd take it to court, if within time limits etc. Consult with professionals and several firms, not just first you come across.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Frankly, the logic is not BS, post this query in any ECA thread on this forum and you will see 99.9% of the people will agree that its simple common sense not to put one failed WES report along with a completed IQAS report for the same dam education credential.
IRCC is 100% right in denying this application, anyone looks at 2 contradicting reports for the same credential will not take a chance and be easy going and cool about it.

Humans make errors and I agree with that 100% but the reason I mentioned on top regarding to be careful in future and not waste ITA's like this is because many new members on the forum will read these posts one day or the other, and once people realize the consequences of ITA's being wasted they will understand that someone else's family could have got this PR opportunity in life. This is not shaming anyone at all, this is to create awareness about the consequences of doing silly mistakes which in reality is just plain simple common sense!!!
Let me be blunt. IRCC and WES and IQAS are not exactly faultless. There are quite a few instance (this one included) where they make really weird and really contradictory decisions. What I find even more amusing is that WES and IQAS do not agree when presented with SAME FACTS! These evaluations are supposed to be objective and if two agencies are not agreeing then perhaps IRCC should clarify what it means to be equivalent. Practically, I will only use one ECA. Thats all!

BTW, I am also faced with a dilemma related to WES and IRCC. WES says "You can renew your ECA (those of us who did 5 years ago) by ordering a duplicate copy". IRCC has accepted few folks application with such "Renewed" ones. And in few cases they have rejected it, as @guydecent. For no good reason by calling their ECA "expired" and application incomplete. IRCC has not provided any clarification officially on this. Heck their support staff says that such ECA are accepted. So does WES. But apparently sometimes they are and sometimes they are not. Perhaps a/few case officer who is not well versed in all the corner cases messed up applications.

Hence, it is illogical to berate such applicants. Any applicant has most skin in the game and will always do maximum to ensure the success of his application. The application processes have few unknowns and there is a lack of clear guidelines among various private companies (like WES etc) and IRCC. Due to this, many times applicants have to suffer.

Gargist

May 25, 2020
My Graduation documents were approved by WES but they rejected my post grads. IQAS approved my Post graduation documents. Hence i submitted two reports one from WES for Graduation and IQAS for Post graduation. I received ITA but now after 6 month my application got rejected as even though they acknowledge that IQAS has approved it, WES rejecting it doesnot seem to satisfy them. What should i do next?

Please advice.
I have a similar situation like yours, WES has rejected my PG and I am thinking of going ahead with IQAS but looking at your experience I am sceptical about what should be the right approach to handle this situation. We all know that WES screws up at times and we all want to make best out of the situation. If anyone can guide me what should be the right approach in my case - should I apply for IQAS evaluation? if yes, shall I get both of my degrees (Graduation and PG) evaluated and can submit only IQAS one if it gets through?

Reactions: Manjusaini

Manjusaini

May 5, 2020
Hi

I am also in same situation. Done MBA ..not sure would go with WES or IQAS as both are different evaluation and results..please guide which one is better to increase CRS and lesser chance of file rejection.

Hims20

Jun 17, 2020
Hello everyone

I do have almost same query, I have got my WES report in 2018 successfully for my bachelor degree and now jst before 6 months I had applied for my master evaluation from IQAS and CES both as I was nt sure abt outcome. Luckily I got my master evaluation from IQAS kst befor few days but CES put it on hold for verifi ation from institute and my institue will not give response generally, So I had contacted CES many times for the cancellation but they denied to cancel it.

So, what shall I do? Can I move ahead with these two successful reports one from WES and another from IQAS and not to show anythng about CES?

can I go with this smoothly?

Request you all to please help me out here....your valuable feedback will be highly appreciated.

Hims20

Jun 17, 2020
Why did you not delete the failed masters credential from the WES report when you went ahead with IQAS to get your master's evaluated???

This is one such mistake with an un pardonable consequence.

You can never use this masters eca again as IRCC HAS it on their records now that this masters of yours has no value in Canada.

Had you deleted the failed credential from the WES report you would have sailed through so easily!!!
Hello everyone

I do have almost same query, I have got my WES report in 2018 successfully for my bachelor degree and now jst before 6 months I had applied for my master evaluation from IQAS and CES both as I was nt sure abt outcome. Luckily I got my master evaluation from IQAS kst befor few days but CES put it on hold for verifi ation from institute and my institue will not give response generally, So I had contacted CES many times for the cancellation but they denied to cancel it.

So, what shall I do? Can I move ahead with these two successful reports one from WES and another from IQAS and not to show anythng about CES?

Request you all to please help me out here....your valuable feedback will be highly appreciated.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello everyone

You need to cancel the CES evaluation. Congratulations for getting the masters from IQAS, I am assuming you are a FSW applicant, anyways the FSW draw will take a while, keep trying to reach CES everyday and get that Evaluation cancelled.

andysunny

Jan 10, 2020
If there are 2 contradictory open evaluations from 2 different ECA agencies, but the ECA of only one agency is used in the application, is there any need to delete the other ECA evaluation? If it stays open, does it cause any problem? Does the agent look for not mentioned ECAs as well?

@mona247 any thoughts? Others, please suggest.

GurpreetKalra23

Aug 31, 2020
It is so illogical that two agencies are rating the same credential for same purpose differently. My MBA degree is rated as PG diploma by WES and masters by IQAS.

Two questions:
a) Should I call WES and ask them to remove the MBA. Would they send me a new report ?
b) If I attach both on the profile, can it cause any issues ?

Prats18790

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
It is so illogical that two agencies are rating the same credential for same purpose differently. My MBA degree is rated as PG diploma by WES and masters by IQAS.

Two questions:
a) Should I call WES and ask them to remove the MBA. Would they send me a new report ?
I asked the wes to delete my evaluation but they replied saying that they do not delete any evaluation. I think the main reason why the application was rejected of the original poster is because WES did not recognize his university and iqas did hence there was a bit of contradiction. While in most cases its a difference of evaluation.

Reactions: aj534160

Kiran Jayachandran

Jan 1, 2019
If there are 2 contradictory open evaluations from 2 different ECA agencies, but the ECA of only one agency is used in the application, is there any need to delete the other ECA evaluation? If it stays open, does it cause any problem? Does the agent look for not mentioned ECAs as well?

@mona247 any thoughts? Others, please suggest.
Did you get an answer for this one? I would like to know as well.

Also, is it possible to get an evaluation deleted from the ECA's system?

RitwikRs

Nov 28, 2020
I asked the wes to delete my evaluation but they replied saying that they do not delete any evaluation. I think the main reason why the application was rejected of the original poster is because WES did not recognize his university and iqas did hence there was a bit of contradiction. While in most cases its a difference of evaluation.
So if WES does not delete your evaluation and you get a masters equivalent from IQAS, what do you do? Wouldn't IRCC be sceptical if they see that WES evaluated the 2nd degree as bachelor's?
I am in the same situation but can't find an answer..

Oct 28, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
30-09-2019
AOR Received.
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
12-11-2019

Two questions:
If IQAS favorably evaluated your MBA as Masters and since that's what you are using to update your profile, and being the highest qualification; then go ahead and update your profile. You need not bother about Wes evaluation since you're not using that ECA. You don't need the WES ECA details and you can delete from your profile.

IRCC won't be going through evaluation bodies portals to search for ECA that you didn't provide when you received your ITA.

Oct 28, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
30-09-2019
AOR Received.
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
12-11-2019
So if WES does not delete your evaluation and you get a masters equivalent from IQAS, what do you do? Wouldn't IRCC be sceptical if they see that WES evaluated the 2nd degree as bachelor's?
I am in the same situation but can't find an answer..
Use only IQAS ECA details on your profile. IRCC won't be validating an ECA details not already on your profile at ITA.