+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES rejected my ECA and IQAS approved it. My documents submitted after against ITA got rejected

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
You really don't need to shame someone like this for a mistake they made. And unless this is about spousal permits or sponsorship, you don't really need to know how old someone is or their marital status.
I am not shaming anyone.

It's a simple logic which any educated person will follow by default.

If one evaluation fails and passes with another organization, no one will ever do the blunder of presenting that failed evaluation report in order to apply for immigration.

On various trackers online, I have seen loads of rejection reasons, many of them are genuine.

I can't help but tell the truth, this is the most obvious error which no one will ever execute!!!

Reactions: sam1994

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
I am not shaming anyone.

It's a simple logic which any educated person will follow by default.

If one evaluation fails and passes with another organization, no one will ever do the blunder of presenting that failed evaluation report in order to apply for immigration.

On various trackers online, I have seen loads of rejection reasons, many of them are genuine.

I can't help but tell the truth, this is the most obvious error which no one will ever execute!!!
Frankly, that logic is just plain BS. It is in our nature to make mistakes. And it is the nature of a mistake to be unintended. Nobody would willfully sabotage their own application this way. It's tragic that IRCC won't look at the positive over the negative in this case and I don't see this as anything beyond an unfortunate, unintentional mistake.

@2yearswait sorry for the way things turned out for you! I would suggest you consult an immigration lawyer (a good one!), perhaps the lawfirm behind this website, Campbell Cohen.. and discuss your options for applying in the future.

Last edited:

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
In your Express Entry profile you indicated that you have a Master degree equivalency
Diploma. However, according to the educational credential equivalency assessment
(ECA) from WES, you have a four year Bachelor degree diploma
and two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution for which the
credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential, therefore
your Canadian equivalency summary is Bachelor degree diploma and not Master degree
diploma.
I note also that you provide IQAS equivalency for which the second diploma was
evaluated as a two year Post Graduate Diploma .
I am therefore not satisfied that the second degree can be considered a completed
Yikes, you may want to consult a professional for this one - In case you are planning to apply again.

2yearswait

Oct 28, 2019
I have read all the above posts.

@2yearswait , you have committed a huge mistake by not making an international call to WES and explaining them a valid reason to delete your post graduate evaluation/credential. ( This should have been done on the day your IQAS result came).

I really don't know how old are you, single or married?

The only suggestion I can give you is, wait for one year and retry or preferably if your spouse is eligible for express entry then make your spouse as primary and retry after 6 months.

Next time when you get an ITA please don't waste it, think about the fellow members on this forum who are waiting for that golden ITA.
Do completed research on each and every section before uploading your documents else hand over the job to a professional immigration lawyer.
Hello,
Thanks for your feedback.. I gave my exam on January 2018 and waited till January 2019 to get an ITA. So I have no intention of wasting it. I know the pain. I had followed what a person experienced in this field told me to do. It never occurred to me or that person that this could create a problem.
I am not married or intend to immigrate through others.If anyone has any suggestion to correct this or advise on reapplying only then please inform me in this forum.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
My Graduation documents were approved by WES but they rejected my post grads. IQAS approved my Post graduation documents. Hence i submitted two reports one from WES for Graduation and IQAS for Post graduation. I received ITA but now after 6 month my application got rejected as even though they acknowledge that IQAS has approved it, WES rejecting it doesnot seem to satisfy them. What should i do next?

Please advice.
What was your AOR?

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Berating someone for making a mistake on their ITA and saying that there are many other people waiting is shaming someone.
I repeat, I did not shame anyone. Read my post again, it clearly says next time before wasting an ITA take help from an immigration lawyer.

I was the first one to give him that suggestion on this thread before others have followed.

Last edited:

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Frankly, that logic is just plain BS. It is in our nature to make mistakes. And it is the nature of a mistake to be unintended. Nobody would willfully sabotage their own application this way. It's tragic that IRCC won't look at the positive over the negative in this case and I don't see this as anything beyond an unfortunate, unintentional mistake.

@2yearswait sorry for the way things turned out for you! I would suggest you consult an immigration lawyer (a good one!), perhaps the lawfirm behind this website, Campbell Cohen.. and discuss your options for applying in the future.
Frankly, the logic is not BS, post this query in any ECA thread on this forum and you will see 99.9% of the people will agree that its simple common sense not to put one failed WES report along with a completed IQAS report for the same dam education credential.
IRCC is 100% right in denying this application, anyone looks at 2 contradicting reports for the same credential will not take a chance and be easy going and cool about it.

Humans make errors and I agree with that 100% but the reason I mentioned on top regarding to be careful in future and not waste ITA's like this is because many new members on the forum will read these posts one day or the other, and once people realize the consequences of ITA's being wasted they will understand that someone else's family could have got this PR opportunity in life. This is not shaming anyone at all, this is to create awareness about the consequences of doing silly mistakes which in reality is just plain simple common sense!!!

sam1994

Jan 24, 2020
Frankly, the logic is not BS, post this query in any ECA thread on this forum and you will see 99.9% of the people will agree that its simple common sense not to put one failed WES report along with a completed IQAS report for the same dam education credential.
IRCC is 100% right in denying this application, anyone looks at 2 contradicting reports for the same credential will not take a chance and be easy going and cool about it.

Humans make errors and I agree with that 100% but the reason I mentioned on top regarding to be careful in future and not waste ITA's like this is because many new members on the forum will read these posts one day or the other, and once people realize the consequences of ITA's being wasted they will understand that someone else's family could have got this PR opportunity in life. This is not shaming anyone at all, this is to create awareness about the consequences of doing silly mistakes which in reality is just plain simple common sense!!!
My sympathy with the one who got a rejection.
But I agree with you mona247.

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
In your Express Entry profile you indicated that you have a Master degree equivalency
Diploma. However, according to the educational credential equivalency assessment
(ECA) from WES, you have a four year Bachelor degree diploma
and two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution for which the
credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential, therefore
your Canadian equivalency summary is Bachelor degree diploma and not Master degree
diploma.
I note also that you provide IQAS equivalency for which the second diploma was
evaluated as a two year Post Graduate Diploma .
I am therefore not satisfied that the second degree can be considered a completed
I wonder why 2 ECA authorities chosen by IRCC would evaluate the same degree with different equivalencies. While they may have their own criterias, the benefit of doubt should be given to the applicant. It’s extremely unfair to not give consideration to the degree holder when their (IRCC’s) chosen ECA agencies have contradictory outputs.

If I were you, I would have appealed and gone to the highest level to get this right, because the degree doesn’t have a problem, their agencies are not calibrated. They’re both checking if the degree is equivalent to CANADIAN EDUCATION and they’re generating contradictory results is enough for me to tell them that someone is not doing their job right and I should not be facing the consequences of this.

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
You're welcome to try other places.

The saddest part is that even if you get an ECA and IRCC accepts it, very few Canadian employers are going to recognize foreign credentials.
Not completely true. Just that a degree from XYZ university is unknown and a local Canadian degree holder will be preferred over a foreign degree for obvious reasons. You tell me, if you are an employer and you have someone from Mumbai University vs someone from a Xanshan University, where would you risk your investment to hire an employee. And it’s a similar scenario for a Canadian employer