+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES rejected my ECA and IQAS approved it. My documents submitted after against ITA got rejected

2yearswait

Oct 28, 2019
My Graduation documents were approved by WES but they rejected my post grads. IQAS approved my Post graduation documents. Hence i submitted two reports one from WES for Graduation and IQAS for Post graduation. I received ITA but now after 6 month my application got rejected as even though they acknowledge that IQAS has approved it, WES rejecting it doesnot seem to satisfy them. What should i do next?

Please advice.

2yearswait

Oct 28, 2019
No.. they mentioned as below:

Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education

Why did WES reject your documents? Did they say they were fraudulent?

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Why did you not delete the failed masters credential from the WES report when you went ahead with IQAS to get your master's evaluated???

This is one such mistake with an un pardonable consequence.

You can never use this masters eca again as IRCC HAS it on their records now that this masters of yours has no value in Canada.

Had you deleted the failed credential from the WES report you would have sailed through so easily!!!

2yearswait

Oct 28, 2019
What was the reason that IRCC gave for rejection your ITA application?
In your Express Entry profile you indicated that you have a Master degree equivalency
Diploma. However, according to the educational credential equivalency assessment
(ECA) from WES, you have a four year Bachelor degree diploma
and two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution for which the
credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential, therefore
your Canadian equivalency summary is Bachelor degree diploma and not Master degree
diploma.
I note also that you provide IQAS equivalency for which the second diploma was
evaluated as a two year Post Graduate Diploma .
I am therefore not satisfied that the second degree can be considered a completed

2yearswait

Oct 28, 2019
Why did you not delete the failed masters credential from the WES report when you went ahead with IQAS to get your master's evaluated???

This is one such mistake with an un pardonable consequence.

You can never use this masters eca again as IRCC HAS it on their records now that this masters of yours has no value in Canada.

Had you deleted the failed credential from the WES report you would have sailed through so easily!!!
I understand it was one mistake. But I understand cic considers highest assessment so it should have considered my iqas report

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I understand it was one mistake. But I understand cic considers highest assessment so it should have considered my iqas report
Not if the agencies disagree. You can't submit one report saying it's recognized and another saying it's recognized. The visa officer has to be conservative at that point and select the degree equivalency that says it is not equivalent.

2yearswait

Oct 28, 2019
Also I rechecked with iqas and they said:
The ECA assessment completed by IQAS that you attached matches the records in our office. Your Post Graduate Diploma was generally compared to a Master of Business Administration degree.
In your Express Entry profile you indicated that you have a Master degree equivalency
Diploma. However, according to the educational credential equivalency assessment
(ECA) from WES, you have a four year Bachelor degree diploma
and two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution for which the
credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential, therefore
your Canadian equivalency summary is Bachelor degree diploma and not Master degree
diploma.
I note also that you provide IQAS equivalency for which the second diploma was
evaluated as a two year Post Graduate Diploma .
I am therefore not satisfied that the second degree can be considered a completed
Also I checked again with iqas and they replied as below:
The ECA assessment completed by IQAS that you attached matches the records in our office. Your Post Graduate Diploma was generally compared to a Master of Business Administration degree. It is Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that has the authority to decide whether you meet their standards. IQAS only provided an advisory comparison for the credential you submitted to our office. The letter you attached from IRCC mentions that IRCC received evaluation reports from both WES and IQAS. It does not state that your immigration application was rejected based entirely on IQAS’ assessment. You may wish to contact IRCC to further discuss your application and credentials with them.

2yearswait

Oct 28, 2019
Not if the agencies disagree. You can't submit one report saying it's recognized and another saying it's recognized. The visa officer has to be conservative at that point and select the degree equivalency that says it is not equivalent.
So there is nothing I could do?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Checking with IQAS won't tell you anything, since it's IRCC that makes the decision (as they said above).

The issue is that you submitted a degree verification report from WES that says that your second degree is not equivalent to a Canadian education while also submitting one from IQAS that says different.

I don't honestly know what you can do here. You gave them information that says your degree is not equivalent.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have read all the above posts.

@2yearswait , you have committed a huge mistake by not making an international call to WES and explaining them a valid reason to delete your post graduate evaluation/credential. ( This should have been done on the day your IQAS result came).

I really don't know how old are you, single or married?

The only suggestion I can give you is, wait for one year and retry or preferably if your spouse is eligible for express entry then make your spouse as primary and retry after 6 months.

Next time when you get an ITA please don't waste it, think about the fellow members on this forum who are waiting for that golden ITA.
Do completed research on each and every section before uploading your documents else hand over the job to a professional immigration lawyer.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I have read all the above posts.

@2yearswait , you have committed a huge mistake by not making an international call to WES and explaining them a valid reason to delete your post graduate evaluation/credential. ( This should have been done on the day your IQAS result came).

I really don't know how old are you, single or married?

The only suggestion I can give you is, wait for one year and retry or preferably if your spouse is eligible for express entry then make your spouse as primary and retry after 6 months.

Next time when you get an ITA please don't waste it, think about the fellow members on this forum who are waiting for that golden ITA.
Do completed research on each and every section before uploading your documents else hand over the job to a professional immigration lawyer.
You really don't need to shame someone like this for a mistake they made. And unless this is about spousal permits or sponsorship, you don't really need to know how old someone is or their marital status.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
You really don't need to shame someone like this for a mistake they made. And unless this is about spousal permits or sponsorship, you don't really need to know how old someone is or their marital status.
I believe he asked because of CRS points .

Reactions: willapp