+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES recognition of postgraduate diploma /certificate program

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hallo can you help me can I ask one question my wife have bachelor degree for 4 year year and six months grafic designer diploma so she can chose one or more diploma or degree for education options for express entry plz
Kind regards,
Malik Usama Tahir
What does WES ECA say

baigmirza490

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Guys, not sure about WES but an year ago i reviewed this document about how IQAS assesses various credentials. Basis that I went ahead and opted for 1 year PGDIS course from IGNOU. Will be completing the course this year and then will have it assessed. In the meantime, this document might give you some idea and hope...

https://www.alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/india-detailed-credential-templates.pdf

Refer Page 46, 56 for Post Graduate Diploma (duration ranging 6 months to 2 years).. It says 1 year PG Diploma is generally compared to PG Certificate. If that is true, then also it will gain extra points for "Two and more degree, certificates...".. Will solve the purpose.
Hi, is your ECA done now, what was the response?

Jul 4, 2020
I am BE(4 years) graduate and I want to increase my CRS points by choosing 2 or more diploma, degree, certificates option. So, 1 Degree greater than 3 years is already there but for selecting that criteria I will need a diploma certificate or 6 month certification course certificate. I want to opt for 6 month distance learning certification course of Operations Management/Project Management from NMIMS,Mumbai,if it is accepted under this criteria.

Please help! under big confusion

ishan2689

Jul 13, 2020
Hi All,
Can you confirm if upgrad post graduate certificate of 11 months valid as per WES. I have Bachelor's degree in Engineering and would like to do shortest possible post graduate certificate to choose two certificate, diploma, degree category.

Reactions: kashifsami

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
I am BE(4 years) graduate and I want to increase my CRS points by choosing 2 or more diploma, degree, certificates option. So, 1 Degree greater than 3 years is already there but for selecting that criteria I will need a diploma certificate or 6 month certification course certificate. I want to opt for 6 month distance learning certification course of Operations Management/Project Management from NMIMS,Mumbai,if it is accepted under this criteria.

Please help! under big confusion
@AspiringCanadaPR 6-month certification will not work, the course has to be minimum 1 year. CIC does not speciy this explicitly but when you fill out your application, you'll find that they don't have a less than 1 year option. PGD 1 year in India from IIT-B/Upgrad or IGNOU will work.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi All,
Can you confirm if upgrad post graduate certificate of 11 months valid as per WES. I have Bachelor's degree in Engineering and would like to do shortest possible post graduate certificate to choose two certificate, diploma, degree category.
@ishan2689 : yes, you get a WES equivalance of 1 year. I've done it and was able to select 2 or more certificates/degree in my CRS profile.

Karan.Lamba

Sep 8, 2020
Hello, I've a graduate diploma in business administration of 3 years from National institute of management (mumbai). Since it turned out to be a unrecognised college so I had to repersue Graduation from IGNOU and have completed that successfully. While applying for evaluation with WES, do I mention about NIM education or just apply for IGNOU?

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
@Karan.Lamba : I would send both certificates. WES may identify one as unrecognized and the other as Bachelors. If by any luck, both get recognized as Bachelors you can claim the "two or more degree" option.

Karan.Lamba

Sep 8, 2020
Okay, but the problem is I'm unable to contact anyone at National Institute of Management for requesting transcript. I'm not sure if the institute is still operational or not. What do you suggest in this case?

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Okay, but the problem is I'm unable to contact anyone at National Institute of Management for requesting transcript. I'm not sure if the institute is still operational or not. What do you suggest in this case?
Then I'd go with the IGNOU one only.

karanu93

Sep 28, 2020
Anyone got any PG Diploma course from IGNOU assessed by WES as 1 year PG Diploma?? If yes then which one? PGDIBO will do? Please please reply, it will be greatly appreciated!

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Anyone got any PG Diploma course from IGNOU assessed by WES as 1 year PG Diploma?? If yes then which one? PGDIBO will do? Please please reply, it will be greatly appreciated!
Hi @karanu93 . You'll find many posts in this forum confirming that PGD from IGNOU does indeed evaluate to a 1-year PGD from WES allowing you to select the "two or more degree" option in your Canadian immigration application.

I'd enrolled in the PGD Applied Statistics program but did not complete it and have had a WES evaluation done for my wife's MA at IGNOU so here are some pros and cons:

Pros
  1. They are cheap
  2. You typically have only 1 sets of assignments and 1 exams for each subject, every 6-months to pass.
  3. You do have deadlines for the assignments/exams but you can always extend your program over many years if you prefer.
Cons
  1. The exams can get postponed. This actually happened with my program due to Covid where we lost 1 semester and everything was postponed by 6 months. It's sad because it is after all a distance program so ideally should not have been affected.
  2. Getting your transcripts to WES can take a very long time.
    a. There will be considerable time before your transcripts are ready after the completion of your program. I'm not sure how long.
    b. It will take them 3 weeks to 1.5 months to prepare and courier your transcripts to WES
    c. They only use India Postal Service for the courier to Canada which can take many weeks.
  3. Course quality and material will not be great but to be fair, the fee is low.
  4. Communication and support is poor which can be frustrating and confusing.
One last thing - WES apparently gives weightage to your performance during the program as well. As an example, if you did not get 1st Division in your Masters program at IGNOU, you may be given an ECA of "Bachelor's Degree" instead of Masters degree from WES. Not sure if this'll happen with the PGD but be sure to get as high a score as possible.

Good luck!

Last edited: