+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGDIBO from IGNOU after BE for addtional points

SuryaJayaraj

Nov 21, 2018
Hi All,

I completed my BE in Computer Science and Engineering(Regular, 4 years) and I have been working in a MNC for the past 3.4 years. I am now planning to pursue PGDIBO(Post Graduate Diploma in International Business Operation) from IGNOU through long distance learning. This PGDIBO course is of one your duration.

Can anyone please let me know if I will be able to claims additional points with this diploma degree under "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees." ?

Your inputs would be of great help.

Thanks and Regards,
Surya Jayaraj

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi All,

I completed my BE in Computer Science and Engineering(Regular, 4 years) and I have been working in a MNC for the past 3.4 years. I am now planning to pursue PGDIBO(Post Graduate Diploma in International Business Operation) from IGNOU through long distance learning. This PGDIBO course is of one your duration.

Can anyone please let me know if I will be able to claims additional points with this diploma degree under "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees." ?

Thanks and Regards,
Surya Jayaraj
It will be "two or more". Should be two semester course.

Reactions: SuryaJayaraj

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thanks for your input!
The course is of one-year duration but am not sure if there will be two semesters.

Will it be a problem if the course does not have two semesters?
WES sometimes play with the one year diploma courses. They mention in the reports like "Diploma (one semester)"

So better go with two semester program or get your ECA from IQAS.

Reactions: SuryaJayaraj

SuryaJayaraj

Nov 21, 2018
WES sometimes play with the one year diploma courses. They mention in the reports like "Diploma (one semester)"

So better go with two-semester program or get your ECA from IQAS.
Thanks again for your feedback Preet.
I was not able to figure out if PGDIBO was a two-semester course.

Hence, now I have decided to take up PGDIS(Post Graduate Diploma in Information Security) instead of PGDIBO.
PGDIS is a one-year diploma with two semesters.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018

Hence, now I have decided to take up PGDIS(Post Graduate Diploma in Information Security) instead of PGDIBO.
Good.

ronakpokharna

Jan 13, 2019
as i have gone through your threads conversation & have found out that two semester course will be required. I was intending to go for PGDIBO..

Since I am not from Computer science background so can't put up myself under a risk. so is there any other course which specifically falls under two semester category and qualifies for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degree. One must be for a program of three or more years"

Thanks in Advance.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
as i have gone through your threads conversation & have found out that two semester course will be required. I was intending to go for PGDIBO..

Since I am not from Computer science background so can't put up myself under a risk. so is there any other course which specifically falls under two semester category and qualifies for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degree. One must be for a program of three or more years"

Thanks in Advance.
Any program which has 2 semesters, will fall under "two or more" category.

Gurps2791

Aug 5, 2018

Hi ,

I am also pursuing PGDIS from ignou and hopefully will completed by the end july 2019 .Will let know once get any positive feedback from WES or do let me know if you already have someone in circle who got postive response from WES for this course.

May 12, 2019
Hi ,

I am also pursuing PGDIS from ignou and hopefully will completed by the end july 2019 .Will let know once get any positive feedback from WES or do let me know if you already have someone in circle who got postive response from WES for this course.

Hi ,

I am planning to pursue the same. PGDIS for om IGNOU...Need ur help...can you please help me wid ur contact no..Would be much easier .please.

Thanks,
Sonali

May 12, 2019
Hi All,

Thanks and Regards,
Surya Jayaraj
Hi Surya,

Did u start with the course ?
Planning to opt for the same.

Thanks,
Sonali

Reactions: ClintonCV

ankitmoct

Jul 11, 2019
After referring this entire thread, it has made me uncomfortable before applying and registering for IGNOU PGDIBO for those extra CRS points. Please clarify if this course will benefit me to secure extra points in CRS? Thanks in advance.

Usha11

Aug 18, 2019
Hi All, I have the same question as Ankit and Sonali.

I am a B-tech (ECE - 4 years) graduate and thought of applying for an IGNOU PGDIBO course for extra CRS point. I checked on the IGNOU site for semester details, but they haven't provided any such details. Find the link below:
PGBIBO : http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutignou/school/soms/programmes/detail/360/2
PGDIS : http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutignou/school/sovet/programmes/detail/428/2

Whereas, the PGDIS course is split into semesters and costs around 21K (11K more than PGDIBO). I am applying for the PG course for the sole purpose of getting extra points and don't want to put in much money, however, I want to be sure that the course will increase the CRS point.

Can anyone please provide your expert advice if PGDIBO course will give an extra CRS point, or should I go with PGDIS.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi All, I have the same question as Ankit and Sonali.

I am a B-tech (ECE - 4 years) graduate and thought of applying for an IGNOU PGDIBO course for extra CRS point. I checked on the IGNOU site for semester details, but they haven't provided any such details. Find the link below:
PGBIBO : http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutignou/school/soms/programmes/detail/360/2
PGDIS : http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutignou/school/sovet/programmes/detail/428/2

Whereas, the PGDIS course is split into semesters and costs around 21K (11K more than PGDIBO). I am applying for the PG course for the sole purpose of getting extra points and don't want to put in much money, however, I want to be sure that the course will increase the CRS point.

Can anyone please provide your expert advice if PGDIBO course will give an extra CRS point, or should I go with PGDIS.
PGDBIO is considered as post graduate diploma in WES.