+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGDIBO from IGNOU after BE for addtional points

Usha11

Aug 18, 2019
PGDBIO is considered as post graduate diploma in WES.
Thank
PGDBIO is considered as post graduate diploma in WES.
Thank you Preeti! This greatly helps.

There is another program PGCIS and this is a certificate which will be given if I complete 1st sem of PGDIS and want to opt out.
the website states :
This PG Diploma in Information Security (PGDIS) (With an exit option of PG Certificate in Information Security (PGCIS) after successfully completion of first semester) programme has been designed to bridge the gap in the awareness and competency required by various categories of people as the users of Internet and various IT enabled services about deeper aspects of Information Security, responsible use and management of IT services.

Will PGCIS considered for CRS points?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thank

Thank you Preeti! This greatly helps.

There is another program PGCIS and this is a certificate which will be given if I complete 1st sem of PGDIS and want to opt out.
the website states :
This PG Diploma in Information Security (PGDIS) (With an exit option of PG Certificate in Information Security (PGCIS) after successfully completion of first semester) programme has been designed to bridge the gap in the awareness and competency required by various categories of people as the users of Internet and various IT enabled services about deeper aspects of Information Security, responsible use and management of IT services.

Will PGCIS considered for CRS points?
Its Preet.

I do not know about PGCIS.

Jun 27, 2019
Hi All, I have the same question as Ankit and Sonali.

I am a B-tech (ECE - 4 years) graduate and thought of applying for an IGNOU PGDIBO course for extra CRS point. I checked on the IGNOU site for semester details, but they haven't provided any such details. Find the link below:
PGBIBO : http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutignou/school/soms/programmes/detail/360/2
PGDIS : http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutignou/school/sovet/programmes/detail/428/2

Whereas, the PGDIS course is split into semesters and costs around 21K (11K more than PGDIBO). I am applying for the PG course for the sole purpose of getting extra points and don't want to put in much money, however, I want to be sure that the course will increase the CRS point.

Can anyone please provide your expert advice if PGDIBO course will give an extra CRS point, or should I go with PGDIS.
Hey, I'm also from ECE background so what hv u decided and enrolled PGDIS or PGDIBO as last date is 27 august and don't leave it for last days as ignou website remains slow in last days....I also wanna enroll and what's this PGCIS, hav u got any info about this ?

Usha11

Aug 18, 2019
Hey, I'm also from ECE background so what hv u decided and enrolled PGDIS or PGDIBO as last date is 27 august and don't leave it for last days as ignou website remains slow in last days....I also wanna enroll and what's this PGCIS, hav u got any info about this ?
PGCIS is not a diploma, it is just a certification so I don't think we will get extra points.

Kunal Mahajan

Aug 7, 2019
Hi ,

I am also pursuing PGDIS from ignou and hopefully will completed by the end july 2019 .Will let know once get any positive feedback from WES or do let me know if you already have someone in circle who got postive response from WES for this course.
Hi,
Did you get your PGDIS ECA evaluation by WES? Has it been recognized?

_Danish

Sep 28, 2019
Hi ,

I am also pursuing PGDIS from ignou and hopefully will completed by the end july 2019 .Will let know once get any positive feedback from WES or do let me know if you already have someone in circle who got postive response from WES for this course.
Hello,
Can you please update on about pgdis ignou course.? How was the difficulty level and have you passed it.? Is it evaluated by WES?.

baigmirza490

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hi ,

Hi, is your WES evaluation done now? What does it say?

AmitKr93

Sep 16, 2020
Can anyone PLEASE confirm if PGDIBO will be considered as 1 year PG Diploma by WES? Should I go for it??
It's better you take consultation from a immigration consultant. They will suggest you. As about IGNOU, according to my research yes it will be fine. But my consultant is saying to go with Bharthiar University instead as they provide degree faster.. However, IGNOU will take again almost 1 year after finals to provide passing certificate. So, now i am also at the same point where i started to research .confused what to do.!!