+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES recognition of postgraduate diploma /certificate program

mohit2018

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
That was just a knowledge gained from consultants. Several people advised me to do one year course as 6 months will not be considered.

I haven't seen this stated anywhere in the Canadian website, but since i dint wanna take a chance, I took up one year course. Honestly, I am no expert in this but just sharing my experience.

https://www.quora.com/Is-a-6-month-diploma-from-CDAC-Pune-a-valid-credential-for-Canada-immigration-If-yes-which-education-credential-evaluation-agency-should-I-approach-as-WES-does-not-look-into-CDAC
Hi,

Unfortunately, I am in same boat too. Can you let me know what course did you chose finally and which university? and wether they would consider the 1 year distance program as a valid credential?

Reactions: Vijay Yeruva

nisuss

Aug 28, 2018
Hey guys,

It is wise to choose one of those universities mentioned in the WES website to do your PG Dip (1 yr min) course. 6 month certification course are not valid under the criteria Two or more degree, diploma or certificate in the EE. I learnt this after talking to multiple consultants and by personal experience.

Regards,
VJ
Hi have u completed your PG Diploma & got evaluated by WES ??

Please share your experience.

lakshay setia

Jul 24, 2018
Guys, not sure about WES but an year ago i reviewed this document about how IQAS assesses various credentials. Basis that I went ahead and opted for 1 year PGDIS course from IGNOU. Will be completing the course this year and then will have it assessed. In the meantime, this document might give you some idea and hope...

https://www.alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/india-detailed-credential-templates.pdf

Refer Page 46, 56 for Post Graduate Diploma (duration ranging 6 months to 2 years).. It says 1 year PG Diploma is generally compared to PG Certificate. If that is true, then also it will gain extra points for "Two and more degree, certificates...".. Will solve the purpose.
Hi ,

Please let us know if you got your pgdis accessed from wes

Regards.

vijay.singh

Oct 2, 2018
Hey everyone,

Eager to know what option did you people choose to ahead with, 1 year PGDip or 6 month PGCert?

And whether anyone has been able to claim points in their EE profile with a single ECA from WES for 2 degrees or certificates with one being 4 year Bachelors degree and the other a Post Grad Certificate?

Regards.
Hi did you get any reply for your query. And what have you opted for 1 yera diploma or 6 mnth certificate

MJLivi

Nov 15, 2018
Hello,

I completed a one year diploma in General Insurance studies last year, areas covered were:
1. Marketing
2. Risk & Insurance
3. Principles & Practices of Reinsurance
4. Personal Insurance
5. Business Environment
6. Insurance Law
I have requested a transcript from the college but do you guys think this is something WES will assess and award as a one year diploma?

Oct 8, 2018
Hey everyone,

Eager to know what option did you people choose to ahead with, 1 year PGDip or 6 month PGCert?

And whether anyone has been able to claim points in their EE profile with a single ECA from WES for 2 degrees or certificates with one being 4 year Bachelors degree and the other a Post Grad Certificate?

Regards.
Hi,

Did you get an update for your answer? I am having 4 years Bachelor Degree and 6 months PG certificate.
Will it be eligible for 2 or more degrees option or I need to go for a 1-year course?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks
Nitesh
mail2nitesh92@gmail.com

tango333

Jul 20, 2017
Hi,what is the status of your assessment of 1 year program from IGNOU as I am planning to enroll for it. Please suggest should I go for it.

Sohaib Ejaz

Feb 6, 2019
Hello,

I am from Pakistan.I have completed 4 years Masters in Business administration, 2 years Bachelor in Commerce. I am also an ACCA member. If I sent all these documents for evaluation to WES , so will I able to get same credentials as Master or equivalence as masters. Do I get benefit of being a masters with ACCA qualification?

DMS1989

Feb 12, 2019
Hi,what is the status of your assessment of 1 year program from IGNOU as I am planning to enroll for it. Please suggest should I go for it.
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a similar program. Please share the information if you received it.

DMS1989

Feb 12, 2019
No. I opted to complete 1 year diploma instead of 6 months. Waiting for hard copy of marksheets and diploma. Will be applying for assessment soon.
Hi Mate,

Plz update and share your valuable inputs with everyone. Thanks.

Malik Usama

Feb 25, 2019
Hallo can you help me can I ask one question my wife have bachelor degree for 4 year year and six months grafic designer diploma so she can chose one or more diploma or degree for education options for express entry plz
Kind regards,
Malik Usama Tahir