+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Help : Last name not expanded in my academic certificate

Shereen7393

Aug 28, 2018
My name is Shreya Kumari Y M. I would like to immigrate to Canada. Last year end, I had sent my Bachelor's and Master's transcripts to WES. Post evaluating WES forwarded the report saying my name as per Mark Sheets 'Shreya Kumari Y M' is different from Passport 'Shreya Kumari Yelahanka Madan'. In Passport, my initials 'Y M' has been elaborated due to which my assessment is on hold and WES is asking me to change my name in all my Mark sheets to 'Shreya Kumari Yelahanka Madan' (as per passport). I have an affidavit stating both the names 'Shreya Kumari Y M' and 'Shreya Kumari Yelahanka Madan' are one and the same and WES is not considering the Notary. But, to do the same Universities is asking me to rectify first in SSLC and PUC Marks sheets. Would you be able to give any suggestions on how to pass the WES assessment?

Did you get your WES evaluation report? You have said they have forwarded the report.

kartheek06

Sep 7, 2018
Hi, need your help. In the wes ECA report under Credential Analysis my name is printed correct but on the top of the report under "EDUCATIONAL credential Assessment for immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada" name is not complete for middle name also first name is given, first name is given twise and last name is given, what can I do now, pls advise

Mullaimano

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
i found below one and the same person template in one of the thread in canadvisa forum. Were you referring this one.

AFFIDAVIT
ONE AND THE SAME PERSON

I, the undersigned, Mr. AAAAAA BBBBBB, aged 29 years, residing at Ontario, Canada, do hereby solemnly affirm and declare on oath that:

1. I am the deponent herein and a citizen of India.
2. I was born on X, 1986 in City, State, India.
3. My birth name is AAAAAA (First Name).
4. My father’s first name was mentioned as initial in some of my documents.
5. Therefore, the following names refer to the one and the same person:
a. AAAAAA (First Name) BBBBBB(LastName)
b. AAAAAA (First Name) B(First letter of my LastName)

The above are the variations of the same name and should not be considered name changes.

So I do hereby solemnly affirm that foregoing are true and correct statements.

Place: City, Province, Canada
Date: 07-Sep-2016 DEPONENT
Did it work? Was there any problem in acceptance by cic??

ahmeddastani

Oct 22, 2018
Hi,

My WES was rejected recently because of name discrepancy.
Actually my name in academic certificates is M.Akhila
New name now in every legal document is Alia Das

Only my academic certificates have my old name.
All my address proof,identity proof documents and my passport also has my new name.

Here with WES , we file application with Name as per passport and the certificates are verified as per the Academic certificate name.

Please suggest what can I do?

I'm pending with this since almost 6 months now.

My consultant suggested me to change the name in my Academic certificate through the university but I doubt if that would happen because they would again ask me to change the name in my schooling certificate so that they can update my university degree certificate.

Waiting for your genuine advise please!!!!

Thanks a ton in advance!

Old name : M.Akhila
New name: Alia Das

Regards-
Alia

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019

Jatarash

Dec 9, 2018
You won't face any problems getting the ECA done. They'll mention that the name on the credential is different from the name on the identification document. Get a name Similarity affidavit done and upload after ITA.
Hi, will this work if my name and the credentials are different in the WES applicat

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Hi, will this work if my name and the credentials are different in the WES applicat
Yes. Create WES profile as per passport name.

aahil21

Jan 25, 2019
Hi,

My WES was rejected recently because of name discrepancy.
Actually my name in academic certificates is M.Akhila
New name now in every legal document is Alia Das

Only my academic certificates have my old name.
All my address proof,identity proof documents and my passport also has my new name.

Here with WES , we file application with Name as per passport and the certificates are verified as per the Academic certificate name.

Please suggest what can I do?

I'm pending with this since almost 6 months now.

My consultant suggested me to change the name in my Academic certificate through the university but I doubt if that would happen because they would again ask me to change the name in my schooling certificate so that they can update my university degree certificate.

Waiting for your genuine advise please!!!!

Thanks a ton in advance!

Old name : M.Akhila
New name: Alia Das

Regards-
Alia

aahil21

Jan 25, 2019
Hi Alia,

Did you solution for your query ! kindly let me know even i am stuck with same issue.

Regards,
Aahil

ankitsinghvim

Apr 6, 2019
I am in process of WES evaluation
I have two educational credentials to b verified by WES
1. My B.Tech Degree and all DMCs doesn't have my surname, ( only First Name )
2. My MBA certificate has my full name with surname (First Name+ Surname)

My Passport and all other documents have my full name only.

Should I send Letter of explanation along with the supporting documents to WES so that there is no confusion.
Please advise.
Hi VjSharma,

I have the same issue as well. Would you be able to share your feedback on what happened?

Thank you in advance.

Vidyakar

May 13, 2019
I received a report from WES stating that my name is mismatch....
Actually my name is Vidyakar Soundappan in passport and Vidyakar S in all d academic documents and certificates back in India as a normal practice. So can anybody please tell me a solution for this issue.