+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Help : Last name not expanded in my academic certificate

macos

Mar 10, 2020
hi anyone please reply what is the outcome of this thread. It will help the people like me who got stuck at creating the credential details. How to mention the mandatory fields First name and Last name?
Lastname is not mentioned and Name is mentioned like XXXX Y in all of the educational documents.

alexwinston12

Jul 23, 2020
Hi Selva,

Based on the previous posts in this forum, It seems WES application has to be created like mentioned below.

Let's say,
Name in Passport: "SELVA SUBRAMANIAN"
Name / Credentials in Degree certs: "Selva. S"

This should be filled in WES ECA application form as,

Profile Name: First Name: "SELVA", Last Name: "SUBRAMANIAN" ( as same as in Passport)
Name to be given in Credential section( "Your Education"): First Name: "Selva", Last Name: "S" (initials not expanded)

It looks like Passport name and WES profile name should be same. Refer "Varunaimar" and "DEEPCUR" answers in this same post for further reference.

Note: I was also in the same confusion. Reading the above post clarified a lot and this is what i am going to follow for WES ECA.

Thanks,
Anand.
Hi,

Did you get your ECA done? Facing the same issue. Can I follow what you have said above?

Vandanar

Jan 7, 2018
Hi all,

I need some help or advise here please. I want to apply for WES. But I am stuck on one issue.

My name in my college transcripts and degree certificate in VTU is :" R Vandana " . and my name in my passport and other documents is "Vandana Ramaprasad".
Before proceeding with the WES , I wanted to check on how to go ahead, its just that in india they have put my initial R before my name .
Please advise.

Vandanar

Jan 7, 2018
Hi,

Did you get your ECA done? Facing the same issue. Can I follow what you have said above?
hey Andan, Can you please advise me here >

Hi all,

I need some help or advise here please. I want to apply for WES. But I am stuck on one issue.

My name in my college transcripts and degree certificate in VTU is :" R Vandana " . and my name in my passport and other documents is "Vandana Ramaprasad".
Before proceeding with the WES , I wanted to check on how to go ahead, its just that in india they have put my initial R before my name .
Please advise.

Vandanar

Jan 7, 2018
Hello,

My last name is expanded in my passport. But In transcripts, it is just initials as mentioned in below example.

Passport Name : KARTHIK PALANI
Academic certificate Name : KARTHIK P

I got the transcript from my university, do i need to enclose name affidavit from indian consulate or something else to indicate KARTHIK P is same person as KARTHIK PALANI along with my passport copy and transcript before sending it to WES or Just enclosing passport copy and letter to WES would be sufficient.

Actually, i don't have different name but it's just that my last name is not expanded in my academic certificate, instead only initial is present as stated above.

Let me know your opinion, my concern was WES will issue ECA report with same name mentioned in my academic certificate. So, will this cause problem when i upload my application in CIC website.

Some of them mentioned this will not cause any problem and enclosing passport copy would be sufficient but i just wanted to double confirm before sending my transcripts to WES.

Please let me know your view on this.
Hi, can you help me on this :

Hi all,

Please advise.

Sep 8, 2020
Hi My Name is sidharda ,

i am sending my documents to WES for ECA .

my problem is in my bachelor degree my name is gaddagunti venkatasaisidharda .

but in my passport and all other government proofs it is like gaddagunti venkata sai sidharda . is these spaces matter for WES ??? what i need to do can anyone help me with this.

Last edited:

igpras

Nov 27, 2020
My name is Shreya Kumari Y M. I would like to immigrate to Canada. Last year end, I had sent my Bachelor's and Master's transcripts to WES. Post evaluating WES forwarded the report saying my name as per Mark Sheets 'Shreya Kumari Y M' is different from Passport 'Shreya Kumari Yelahanka Madan'. In Passport, my initials 'Y M' has been elaborated due to which my assessment is on hold and WES is asking me to change my name in all my Mark sheets to 'Shreya Kumari Yelahanka Madan' (as per passport). I have an affidavit stating both the names 'Shreya Kumari Y M' and 'Shreya Kumari Yelahanka Madan' are one and the same and WES is not considering the Notary. But, to do the same Universities is asking me to rectify first in SSLC and PUC Marks sheets. Would you be able to give any suggestions on how to pass the WES assessment?
Hi shreya,
Were you able to resolve this issue and apply for ECA successfully. I'm facing exact problem as you in academic certificates and other identification documents. Could please share your solution.

Thanks in advance!

kiruthi

Nov 28, 2020
Hi Selva,

Based on the previous posts in this forum, It seems WES application has to be created like mentioned below.

Let's say,
Name in Passport: "SELVA SUBRAMANIAN"
Name / Credentials in Degree certs: "Selva. S"

This should be filled in WES ECA application form as,

Profile Name: First Name: "SELVA", Last Name: "SUBRAMANIAN" ( as same as in Passport)
Name to be given in Credential section( "Your Education"): First Name: "Selva", Last Name: "S" (initials not expanded)

It looks like Passport name and WES profile name should be same. Refer "Varunaimar" and "DEEPCUR" answers in this same post for further reference.

Note: I was also in the same confusion. Reading the above post clarified a lot and this is what i am going to follow for WES ECA.

Thanks,
Anand.
Hi Anand,

I am having the same issue. Could you please let me know if were able to complete WES process by following the steps mentioned above?

Thanks,
Kiruthika.

kiruthi

Nov 28, 2020
hello Karthik,

does this issue solved? How you solved this issue of Expansion of Initials? please reply. My name in the academic certificates is Aimee G. Bentas where in my passport it is Aimee George Bentas. Please reply
Hello,

Did you get a solution for this issue?

Thanks,
Kiruthika.

SusmitaPritam

Mar 29, 2021
Hi,

Could you please share if you have found any solution for this issue?

Thanks,
Kiruthika.
Hi Kiruthi,

Where you able to proceed with application? What name did you provide? Also along with Transcript did you attach any other document like passport copy or anything else as it is not mentioned in the required documents?

Thanks,
Susmitha

SusmitaPritam

Mar 29, 2021
Hi, can you help me on this :

Hi all,

Please advise.
Hi Vandana,

Where you able to successfully process it?
If so could you please provide exactly what you had mentioned in the application?

Thanks,
Susmitha

Anvitha

May 28, 2021
Hello,
I am facing the same issue. My academic certificate name : S Anvitha. My Passport Name : Anvitha Sindhe.
In this regarding what should my first name and last name should be while uploading the educational details.
Any leads please help me.

Anvitha

May 28, 2021
Hi all,

Please advise.
Is there any development in your case. Even i am facing the same issue here. Please let me know

Liegy

Jun 11, 2021
Hello,

My last name is expanded in my passport. But In transcripts, it is just initials as mentioned in below example.

Passport Name : KARTHIK PALANI
Academic certificate Name : KARTHIK P

I got the transcript from my university, do i need to enclose name affidavit from indian consulate or something else to indicate KARTHIK P is same person as KARTHIK PALANI along with my passport copy and transcript before sending it to WES or Just enclosing passport copy and letter to WES would be sufficient.

Actually, i don't have different name but it's just that my last name is not expanded in my academic certificate, instead only initial is present as stated above.

Let me know your opinion, my concern was WES will issue ECA report with same name mentioned in my academic certificate. So, will this cause problem when i upload my application in CIC website.

Some of them mentioned this will not cause any problem and enclosing passport copy would be sufficient but i just wanted to double confirm before sending my transcripts to WES.

Please let me know your view on this.
I am also facing the same issue. Have you got the answer for this question? Please let me know