+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Help : Last name not expanded in my academic certificate

soniamanuel

Star Member
May 11, 2017
AOR Received.
20-09-2018
I received a report from WES stating that my name is mismatch....
Actually my name is Vidyakar Soundappan in passport and Vidyakar S in all d academic documents and certificates back in India as a normal practice. So can anybody please tell me a solution for this issue.

You can submit a letter of explanation stating the reason and both names are of the same person

asas1710

Jul 18, 2019
I received a report from WES stating that my name is mismatch....
Actually my name is Vidyakar Soundappan in passport and Vidyakar S in all d academic documents and certificates back in India as a normal practice. So can anybody please tell me a solution for this issue.
What is the update bro? Have you got the documents verified?

contactdanish

Aug 11, 2019
In my passport my name is Mohammed Firstname Lastname while in academics it is Mohammad firstname Lastname .
There is a variation of A and E in Mohammed .

Any suggestions. Will that be a problem and if yes what should I do.

forselva

Sep 20, 2019
I am from India and completed by Bachelor degree from Bharathidasan university, TamilNadu. Mostly in southern India, schools and Universities use the name as first name along with initials. Initials are the first letter of the father name. Same is the case with me, my academic records shows as SELVA S, but passport contains "SELVA SUBRAMANIAN". Can you please advice on how to proceed with WES application. What to be used for name in profile and the name in credential.

Did anyone underwent the same situation and had completed WES assessment done? Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Selva

anandfnc

Jul 12, 2018
I am from India and completed by Bachelor degree from Bharathidasan university, TamilNadu. Mostly in southern India, schools and Universities use the name as first name along with initials. Initials are the first letter of the father name. Same is the case with me, my academic records shows as SELVA S, but passport contains "SELVA SUBRAMANIAN". Can you please advice on how to proceed with WES application. What to be used for name in profile and the name in credential.

Did anyone underwent the same situation and had completed WES assessment done? Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Selva
Hi Selva,

Based on the previous posts in this forum, It seems WES application has to be created like mentioned below.

Let's say,
Name in Passport: "SELVA SUBRAMANIAN"
Name / Credentials in Degree certs: "Selva. S"

This should be filled in WES ECA application form as,

Profile Name: First Name: "SELVA", Last Name: "SUBRAMANIAN" ( as same as in Passport)
Name to be given in Credential section( "Your Education"): First Name: "Selva", Last Name: "S" (initials not expanded)

It looks like Passport name and WES profile name should be same. Refer "Varunaimar" and "DEEPCUR" answers in this same post for further reference.

Note: I was also in the same confusion. Reading the above post clarified a lot and this is what i am going to follow for WES ECA.

Thanks,
Anand.

Reactions: macos

DocDpk

Oct 24, 2019
I have a question. My name in passport is
" Deepak Sharma "
but in my academics they wrote full name as
" Sharma Deepak Premnath " along with my father name

What do you think should I do in this scenario

DocDpk

Oct 24, 2019
Hi Selva,

Based on the previous posts in this forum, It seems WES application has to be created like mentioned below.

Let's say,

Profile Name: First Name: "SELVA", Last Name: "SUBRAMANIAN" ( as same as in Passport)
Name to be given in Credential section( "Your Education"): First Name: "Selva", Last Name: "S" (initials not expanded)

It looks like Passport name and WES profile name should be same. Refer "Varunaimar" and "DEEPCUR" answers in this same post for further reference.

Note: I was also in the same confusion. Reading the above post clarified a lot and this is what i am going to follow for WES ECA.

Thanks,
Anand.
How should I write my academics name Sharma Deepak premnath in wes academic credentials ? In passport it is Deepak Sharma so I wrote first name Deepak and last name Sharma in profile.. how should I proceed it while writing in academic credentials ?

Oct 1, 2019
Can someone please help...I made payment For WES Canada.. In my details of the degrees that are evaluated the name is correct but in my name a t has been added like it's charanpreet but in mailing address and my profile it's charanpreet...will it make a difference how do i rectify it

Oct 1, 2019
Hi everyone....I made a payment For ECA ...for my degrees that have to be evaluated the name is correct charanpreet..but my profile and mailing address says charanprteet a t has been added ..how can i rectify that please help

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
I had a similar issue with WES where they misspelled my name. I wrote to them and they told me to send the documents all over. I started the whole process again bur fortunately didnt have to pay again. I am still waiting for my new report.
Hello how possible to send extra documents with degrees to WES?
is it possible put a cover letter to describe more , or can upload via their portal
for some misspelling what is solution to understand them perfectly about that before rejection?

blukrishna

Dec 8, 2019
Hi Selva,

Let's say,

Thanks,
Anand.
Hello Anand,
Were you able to get your WES evaluation cleared with the correct name after following this process?

AjayJoseph93

Nov 11, 2019
Thanks for the reply.... I have created my WES profile with the same name as in my credentials where my initials are not expanded and I had not sent any explanation letter or passport copy along with the transcripts to WES..... my WES report is due on FEB so what should I do now ??
1. Should I inform WES now to issue report as per the name in my passport ??
2. How do I inform this to WES..... I don't have their email contact ??

Can you please help
Hi, I have the same problem. Did you get this issue resolved?

Aimee Bentas

Mar 1, 2020
Hello,

My last name is expanded in my passport. But In transcripts, it is just initials as mentioned in below example.

Passport Name : KARTHIK PALANI
Academic certificate Name : KARTHIK P

I got the transcript from my university, do i need to enclose name affidavit from indian consulate or something else to indicate KARTHIK P is same person as KARTHIK PALANI along with my passport copy and transcript before sending it to WES or Just enclosing passport copy and letter to WES would be sufficient.

Actually, i don't have different name but it's just that my last name is not expanded in my academic certificate, instead only initial is present as stated above.

Let me know your opinion, my concern was WES will issue ECA report with same name mentioned in my academic certificate. So, will this cause problem when i upload my application in CIC website.

Some of them mentioned this will not cause any problem and enclosing passport copy would be sufficient but i just wanted to double confirm before sending my transcripts to WES.

Please let me know your view on this.
hello Karthik,

does this issue solved? How you solved this issue of Expansion of Initials? please reply. My name in the academic certificates is Aimee G. Bentas where in my passport it is Aimee George Bentas. Please reply