+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Help : Last name not expanded in my academic certificate

Mar 7, 2018
Hello All,

Was successful in processing your ECA through WES with a letter clarifying last name and initial ? I have the same issue with degree certificate carring just the initial and passport obviously has father's name (surname).

Regards,
Mani

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Hello All,

Was successful in processing your ECA through WES with a letter clarifying last name and initial ? I have the same issue with degree certificate carring just the initial and passport obviously has father's name (surname).

Regards,
Mani
You won't face any problems getting the ECA done. They'll mention that the name on the credential is different from the name on the identification document. Get a name Similarity affidavit done and upload after ITA.

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Whatever documents WES have requested on your profile, please send those. Normally this would just be your BTech and MTech documents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 9, 2018
Hello,

My last name is expanded in my passport. But In transcripts, it is just initials as mentioned in below example.

Passport Name : KARTHIK PALANI
Academic certificate Name : KARTHIK P

I got the transcript from my university, do i need to enclose name affidavit from indian consulate or something else to indicate KARTHIK P is same person as KARTHIK PALANI along with my passport copy and transcript before sending it to WES or Just enclosing passport copy and letter to WES would be sufficient.

Actually, i don't have different name but it's just that my last name is not expanded in my academic certificate, instead only initial is present as stated above.

Let me know your opinion, my concern was WES will issue ECA report with same name mentioned in my academic certificate. So, will this cause problem when i upload my application in CIC website.

Some of them mentioned this will not cause any problem and enclosing passport copy would be sufficient but i just wanted to double confirm before sending my transcripts to WES.

Please let me know your view on this.
Hey bro, I would face the same issue. I am in the process of getting the transcripts.. Do let me know if you there is any progress on your profile and did you face any challenges.

gaurinavgire

May 23, 2018
Hello,
I am currently applying for WES ECA application
I have two degree certificates post secondary education; M.Sc. and M.Tech.
In my M.Sc.and M.Tech. degree certificate, my full name is (as in my passport): Navgire Gauri Sanjay. First name being Gauri and Last name being Navgire.
My M.Tech mark sheet also has my full name
But in my M.Sc. marksheet (transcript), my father's name (Sanjay) is not present. And it is not possible to change my marksheet.
I am going to submit all my marksheets and both the degree certificates to the WES but to avoid any confusion,
Should I submit supplementary documents as 1. an affidavit for same name along with attestation by the the registrar of my university
2. A photo copy of my Passport
3. And a Letter of Explanation

Please help me through this query. It will be deeply appreciated!!!
Thank you

pawans

May 24, 2018
My wife's name is Sakshi Sharma, She had done his B.A & M.A from Awadhesh Pratap Singh university, Rewa. But name printed on her certificates is with initial i.e. Name : KU.Sakshi Sharma. that KU is for kumari. However, on all her documents and passport name is Sakshi Sharma. Do I need to made affidavit for name.

Shreya2233

Jul 18, 2018
i found below one and the same person template in one of the thread in canadvisa forum. Were you referring this one.

AFFIDAVIT
ONE AND THE SAME PERSON

I, the undersigned, Mr. AAAAAA BBBBBB, aged 29 years, residing at Ontario, Canada, do hereby solemnly affirm and declare on oath that:

1. I am the deponent herein and a citizen of India.
2. I was born on X, 1986 in City, State, India.
3. My birth name is AAAAAA (First Name).
4. My father’s first name was mentioned as initial in some of my documents.
5. Therefore, the following names refer to the one and the same person:
a. AAAAAA (First Name) BBBBBB(LastName)
b. AAAAAA (First Name) B(First letter of my LastName)

The above are the variations of the same name and should not be considered name changes.

So I do hereby solemnly affirm that foregoing are true and correct statements.

Will this work? I spoke to WES and they said they won't consider any affidavit?

Place: City, Province, Canada
Date: 07-Sep-2016 DEPONENT

Shreya2233

Jul 18, 2018
My name is Shreya Kumari Y M. I would like to immigrate to Canada. Last year end, I had sent my Bachelor's and Master's transcripts to WES. Post evaluating WES forwarded the report saying my name as per Mark Sheets 'Shreya Kumari Y M' is different from Passport 'Shreya Kumari Yelahanka Madan'. In Passport, my initials 'Y M' has been elaborated due to which my assessment is on hold and WES is asking me to change my name in all my Mark sheets to 'Shreya Kumari Yelahanka Madan' (as per passport). I have an affidavit stating both the names 'Shreya Kumari Y M' and 'Shreya Kumari Yelahanka Madan' are one and the same and WES is not considering the Notary. But, to do the same Universities is asking me to rectify first in SSLC and PUC Marks sheets. Would you be able to give any suggestions on how to pass the WES assessment?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: igpras

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
My wife's name is Sakshi Sharma, She had done his B.A & M.A from Awadhesh Pratap Singh university, Rewa. But name printed on her certificates is with initial i.e. Name : KU.Sakshi Sharma. that KU is for kumari. However, on all her documents and passport name is Sakshi Sharma. Do I need to made affidavit for name.
Hi ,did u get Ur Wes done? Name issues

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
Hello,
I am currently applying for WES ECA application
I have two degree certificates post secondary education; M.Sc. and M.Tech.
In my M.Sc.and M.Tech. degree certificate, my full name is (as in my passport): Navgire Gauri Sanjay. First name being Gauri and Last name being Navgire.
My M.Tech mark sheet also has my full name
But in my M.Sc. marksheet (transcript), my father's name (Sanjay) is not present. And it is not possible to change my marksheet.
I am going to submit all my marksheets and both the degree certificates to the WES but to avoid any confusion,
Should I submit supplementary documents as 1. an affidavit for same name along with attestation by the the registrar of my university
2. A photo copy of my Passport
3. And a Letter of Explanation

Please help me through this query. It will be deeply appreciated!!!
Thank you
Hi , did you get Ur report .p please share the same.facing same issue.
Thanks in advance

vjsharma25

Aug 16, 2018
I am in process of WES evaluation
I have two educational credentials to b verified by WES
1. My B.Tech Degree and all DMCs doesn't have my surname, ( only First Name )
2. My MBA certificate has my full name with surname (First Name+ Surname)

My Passport and all other documents have my full name only.

Should I send Letter of explanation along with the supporting documents to WES so that there is no confusion.
Please advise.

vshivaguru

Aug 15, 2018
Hello,

My last name is expanded in my passport. But In transcripts, it is just initials as mentioned in below example.

Passport Name : KARTHIK PALANI
Academic certificate Name : KARTHIK P

I got the transcript from my university, do i need to enclose name affidavit from indian consulate or something else to indicate KARTHIK P is same person as KARTHIK PALANI along with my passport copy and transcript before sending it to WES or Just enclosing passport copy and letter to WES would be sufficient.

Actually, i don't have different name but it's just that my last name is not expanded in my academic certificate, instead only initial is present as stated above.

Let me know your opinion, my concern was WES will issue ECA report with same name mentioned in my academic certificate. So, will this cause problem when i upload my application in CIC website.

Some of them mentioned this will not cause any problem and enclosing passport copy would be sufficient but i just wanted to double confirm before sending my transcripts to WES.

Please let me know your view on this.
Brother, What happen to your WES??? Any updates?? I also have the same problem.

tsudhir91

Jun 22, 2018
I got two copies of an official transcript from my university, one I send it out to wes and another which I have seen the error with subject name and its code I'm not sure the same error occurred in the transcript which I have sent to wes. What should I do now I'm quite worried? Please any advice.

kamy18

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Hi All,

Even I have a same issue like in my credentials my initials are not expanded and in my passport my initials are expanded and my WES process is underway.....

1. Do I need to inform WES about this and get it corrected right away so that my WES report contains same name as in my passport ??
2. Will WES again start the evaluation from the beginning ??? As I have registered for WES with the name that is reflecting in my credentials ??

Need help guys..... Waiting for replies.........
Hi Renss,
Did you get any solution to your problem, plz guide, I am also stuck with same issue

Shereen7393

Aug 28, 2018
Hi,

My given name is Feroz Axxxx and surname is Mohamed Jxxxx in my passport. I have also created the WES profile with this name. But my name in my academic documents is Feroz Axxxx M. Will this cause a problem during WES evaluation? Should I write any sort of letter to WES stating that M is the initial for my surname Mohamed Jxxxx?

Thanks in advance.