+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES evaluation for Bachelor's degree from Mumbai University

AMI_WES

Nov 3, 2019
Can someone please explain me how to go about with Statement of Marks which is University of Mumbai Issued and Attested. WES has accepted all the other documents including my College Issued and Attested transcript but they still require the above document. Please can anyone help?

naman0811

Sep 8, 2019
@vedashree : Thank you for the update. So this means we don’t have to send the college transcripts but only have to send them Degree certificate and MU attested marksheets from Semester 1 to 8, where Sem 1,2,7 and 8 have Mumbai university letterhead and Sem 3,4,5 and 6 have college letterhead on them (assuming it’s the same case for all colleges affliliated with MU).
@nishad2s, @Sachsiye, were you able to solve your issue? I've also got the same response and not all my marksheets are issued by the University of Mumbai (UM) and I'm not sure if the UM issues the marksheets for the exams that they didn't conduct on request.
@vedashree was able to submit her marksheets but for her case, It is not clear that her marksheets were issued by UM (On the letterhead of UM) or by the college.
@BA_LEE was also able to submit her marksheets even if all of her marksheets were not issue bu UM (with the help of a letter from UM).
I'm more inclined to follow @BA_LEE's path.

I will highly appreciate anyone's two cents on this.

JamesBond009

Nov 27, 2019
I would like to tell you guys the process in detail.

for attestation
  1. Address : B Road, Church Gate, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400020. (Landmark Sydenham college)
  2. Before you visit above location make sure you get your transcripts(from your college sem 1 to sem 6) + degree certificate + passing certificate( results sem to sem 6). Create 2 sets of Xerox copies of above mentioned documents. Please don't attest it in any way. It must be clear Xerox copy without any remarks on it. If you forget this then no worries. There is a Xerox shop exactly opposite to building.
  3. From Wes website you get a form. Download it ( fill it before taking the printout) and take atleast 2 prints. If you forget this form you can get it from Xerox shop.
  4. Make sure you reach location at 8:15AM. There will be security guard with register. Put your name there and he will give you your token number. The actual process starts at 10:30 AM(officially :p) and they close it by 2:39PM sharp. So I would suggest reach there as early as possible.
  5. Around 10 they will give you application forms. Fill that form along with WES form. Rough values for University forms are (WES,CANADA,PR). These may change so take help of the staff. They will surely help you.
  6. Take all original documents with you(transcripts too). They check it and return it immediately. They will take one original transcripts along with WES form and Xerox of all marksheets and degree certificate. Please keep minimum 2 envolops with you. Better you buy it there only from the Xerox shop.
  7. Based on your token number they will send you inside. There is only one person who is processing these requests. So be patient. You need lots of it.
  8. You have to pay fees for attestation which is Rs12 per page. They accept only cash #digitalIndia. They will ask you to write Wes address with Wes case number on the envelope, carefully write it coz you can’t change it later. Then they take atleast 2 days to attest it. You have to show your payment receipt while taking the attested documents.
  9. Note that envelope is stamped but not sealed. So take out all the papers. Check on each paper you should be have 2 stamps and 1 signature. Envelope should be having stamp on seal area.
  10. After verification, go to blue dart office close to churchgate station or there’s professional courier person sitting on ground floor takes around Rs.1400 and courier it to Wes. Make sure you seal it right before sending(just glue it). They charge you approx Rs1500.
  11. Don't mention your name anywhere on the envelope. Don't choose any other location to courier. Courier boy knows everything so all you have to do is pay and they will do the rest.
  12. For M.Com done from IDOL or college, same process but ask for transcripts as well either from idol or college. Make sure to get degree certificate if you recently passed than ask for special certificate from university.
  13. All the best. For any questions just ask.

poojasachade

Oct 20, 2019
I am 2011 B.E passout from mumbai university.i got my wes reference number created after 1st December 2018
There is lot of confusion relared to the new rules.
Heres what i figured out after lots of research and asking people from University itself:
1. TRANSCRIPTS: Transcripts are needed ONLY if your year of completing the degree is more than 10 year old,else it's not needed. I confirmed the same with mumbai university staff.
2. So if you are a B.E passout,you would just need to carry 2 sets each of below docs:
All your semester marksheets
Your degree certificate.
Also carry copies of application request form available from wes website. Its also provided at University.
PLEASE CARRY ALL YOUR ORIGINALS TOO
3. You will need to take 2 envelopes (u get it below the office) on one write the address for wes, and the other u can keep blank, put the set of documents in each, and then submit to the University.
4. University timings:
Documents submission: 9 amto 1 pm( monday to Friday.. for Saturday every 1st and 3rd is working).
Documents collection: 2:30 to 5:30 pm..same days as mentioned dor submission.
I would suggestyou go in weekdays ,try to reach till 9. U will be given a token.. and there will be a line,but much less compared to weekend.
5. After u submit the documents, keep a check on mu.ac.in..they will post when your documents will be available for collection.. its in batches of the day it was submitted.
6. After u recieve the docs, chevk thoroughly all stamp and signature is prsent on each doc, and that they stamp and seal on the envelope on back.
7.They might not seal it.. u can get it done at the courier place.
Note: MU Will not courier themselves as mentioned by wes.. so we need to get it couriered ourselves at nearby courier at same postal code.
There is one..blue dart i suppose..near to burger king.. its cheap ..they charge around 1490 i think.
8. I also had confusion related to transcript.. and already issued request for that. It was only after i visited university that i came to know transcript not needed if your year of passing before 10 years. I would suggest all to please check with University beforehand, instead of going to college. Many a times the college people don't know much..so dont waste your time.

The staff at University are all youth,and they are helpful in answering your queries.

Hope it will be of help to someone.
Hi,

Thank you for the information. Do you have any idea on how to proceed ffor people like me who have completed their degrees more than 10 years ago?

poojasachade

Oct 20, 2019

for attestation
  1. Address : B Road, Church Gate, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400020. (Landmark Sydenham college)
  2. Before you visit above location make sure you get your transcripts(from your college sem 1 to sem 6) + degree certificate + passing certificate( results sem to sem 6). Create 2 sets of Xerox copies of above mentioned documents. Please don't attest it in any way. It must be clear Xerox copy without any remarks on it. If you forget this then no worries. There is a Xerox shop exactly opposite to building.
  3. From Wes website you get a form. Download it ( fill it before taking the printout) and take atleast 2 prints. If you forget this form you can get it from Xerox shop.
  4. Make sure you reach location at 8:15AM. There will be security guard with register. Put your name there and he will give you your token number. The actual process starts at 10:30 AM(officially :p) and they close it by 2:39PM sharp. So I would suggest reach there as early as possible.
  5. Around 10 they will give you application forms. Fill that form along with WES form. Rough values for University forms are (WES,CANADA,PR). These may change so take help of the staff. They will surely help you.
  6. Take all original documents with you(transcripts too). They check it and return it immediately. They will take one original transcripts along with WES form and Xerox of all marksheets and degree certificate. Please keep minimum 2 envolops with you. Better you buy it there only from the Xerox shop.
  7. Based on your token number they will send you inside. There is only one person who is processing these requests. So be patient. You need lots of it.
  8. You have to pay fees for attestation which is Rs12 per page. They accept only cash #digitalIndia. They will ask you to write Wes address with Wes case number on the envelope, carefully write it coz you can’t change it later. Then they take atleast 2 days to attest it. You have to show your payment receipt while taking the attested documents.
  9. Note that envelope is stamped but not sealed. So take out all the papers. Check on each paper you should be have 2 stamps and 1 signature. Envelope should be having stamp on seal area.
  10. After verification, go to blue dart office close to churchgate station or there’s professional courier person sitting on ground floor takes around Rs.1400 and courier it to Wes. Make sure you seal it right before sending(just glue it). They charge you approx Rs1500.
  11. Don't mention your name anywhere on the envelope. Don't choose any other location to courier. Courier boy knows everything so all you have to do is pay and they will do the rest.
  12. For M.Com done from IDOL or college, same process but ask for transcripts as well either from idol or college. Make sure to get degree certificate if you recently passed than ask for special certificate from university.
Very Detailed explanation.... but to be double sure....
1. B.Sc. and M.Sc. transcripts to get from college and do these have to be in sealed envelope from college?
2. All documents including transcripts will be attested by the University centre at churchgate? (If yes, will they take out our transcripts from the sealed college envelopes?)

JamesBond009

Nov 27, 2019
No the transcripts doesn’t have to be in sealed envelope as university will also stamp and sign on them so just get the transcripts from college. You can ask college to mention which exams or semester held by college and which semester held by university. So there’s no chances of rejection as later Wes might ask you for transcripts of all sem from university to avoid that I recommend asking college to mention it on the transcripts and get there sign and stamp as well as university sign and stamp.

Last edited:

poojasachade

Oct 20, 2019
No the transcripts doesn’t have to be in sealed envelope as university will also stamp and sign on them so just get the transcripts from college. You can ask college to mention which exams or semester held by college and which semester held by university. So there’s no chances of rejection as later Wes might ask you for transcripts of all sem from university to avoid that I recommend asking college to mention it on the transcripts and get there sign and stamp as well as university sign and stamp.
Thank you so much

MUstar

Dec 4, 2019

for attestation
Thanks for the information. But what transcripts are you taking to the Churchgate office. I thought they will give you the transcripts right??

Fatema P

Dec 16, 2019
Hi,
I have received my Mcom final sem marksheet in Nov 2019, can I apply for WES with passing certificate ? Will they approve it? I have got all the transcripts done of Bcom and Mcom.

Fatema P

Dec 16, 2019
Hi,
I have received my Mcom final sem marksheet in Nov 2019, can I apply for WES with passing certificate ? Will they approve it? I have got all the transcripts done of Bcom and Mcom.

Fatema P

Dec 16, 2019

for attestation
Hi,

RP90

Jan 23, 2020
I am 2011 B.E passout from mumbai university.i got my wes reference number created after 1st December 2018
There is lot of confusion relared to the new rules.
Heres what i figured out after lots of research and asking people from University itself:
1. TRANSCRIPTS: Transcripts are needed ONLY if your year of completing the degree is more than 10 year old,else it's not needed. I confirmed the same with mumbai university staff.
2. So if you are a B.E passout,you would just need to carry 2 sets each of below docs:
All your semester marksheets
Your degree certificate.
Also carry copies of application request form available from wes website. Its also provided at University.
PLEASE CARRY ALL YOUR ORIGINALS TOO
3. You will need to take 2 envelopes (u get it below the office) on one write the address for wes, and the other u can keep blank, put the set of documents in each, and then submit to the University.
4. University timings:
Documents submission: 9 amto 1 pm( monday to Friday.. for Saturday every 1st and 3rd is working).
Documents collection: 2:30 to 5:30 pm..same days as mentioned dor submission.
I would suggestyou go in weekdays ,try to reach till 9. U will be given a token.. and there will be a line,but much less compared to weekend.
5. After u submit the documents, keep a check on mu.ac.in..they will post when your documents will be available for collection.. its in batches of the day it was submitted.
6. After u recieve the docs, chevk thoroughly all stamp and signature is prsent on each doc, and that they stamp and seal on the envelope on back.
7.They might not seal it.. u can get it done at the courier place.
Note: MU Will not courier themselves as mentioned by wes.. so we need to get it couriered ourselves at nearby courier at same postal code.
There is one..blue dart i suppose..near to burger king.. its cheap ..they charge around 1490 i think.
8. I also had confusion related to transcript.. and already issued request for that. It was only after i visited university that i came to know transcript not needed if your year of passing before 10 years. I would suggest all to please check with University beforehand, instead of going to college. Many a times the college people don't know much..so dont waste your time.

The staff at University are all youth,and they are helpful in answering your queries.

Hope it will be of help to someone.
Thanks. That means we don't need to go college at all right? all college conducted exam marksheet will also be stampted by MU? My bachelors is 2011 and Masters is 2014.

Jblessy

Feb 28, 2020
@vedashree @nishad2s

Guys, have you been able to solve this issue? I have got the same response from WES and I am totally confused, what should i actually send again.

I submitted University attested (from the Churchgate office) documents as below:
- Degree Certificate
- Degree passing certificate
- marksheets (Sem 2, 7, 8 university issued and Sem 1,3,4,5,6 college issued)
- transcripts (issued by college, I submitted original, so it has two stamps one of college and one of university attestation)

Sent it in a university stamped and sealed envelope, with "FROM" address as stamp of Registrar, University of Mumbai address. Couriered by DHL near university office in churchgate.

Any guidance will be highly appreciated

below is the response from WES:
Document Status
Waiting to receive 1 document(s)
University of Mumbai, India
1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional), Bachelor of Engineering, 2002

• Accepted
2. Statement of Marks, Bachelor of Engineering, 2002

• Not Accepted | Details
Reason: We received your mark sheets, but we need additional documents.

Instructions: Mark sheets representing years 1 and 4 of study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai. Mark sheets for years 2 and 3 of your study program (semesters 3-6) can be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai or the college you attended. Please have your mark sheets resent to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.
Hi @Sachsiye
Did your issue get resolved? I am facing the same issue you faced.

Jblessy

Feb 28, 2020
Hi,
Can someone please explain how to send the marksheets for B.E? My Degree Certificate got accepted but marksheets got rejected.
Do we need to just give all the 8 semesters xerox of marksheets to University of Mumbai to get it attested?

i sent the transcripts and the marksheets both attested by University of Mumbai and my college. the reply i got was:

"Instructions: Mark sheets representing years 1 and 4 of study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai. Mark sheets for years 2 and 3 of your study program (semesters 3-6) can be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai or the college you attended. Please have your mark sheets resent to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official. "