+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES evaluation for Bachelor's degree from Mumbai University

Shweta_Desai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
Hello..
Sorry to hear, but I had applied before 01 Dec 2018 and was able to get through.
Did any one of you know the solution for sending transcripts directly from University even though the University doesn't provide such a facility.

I was doing some research to get ECA done for my husband's HSC Certificate, what i found is that we should ideally mail them from a Post office in the same vicinity as the University.
https://www.am22tech.com/ca/send-university-transcripts-to-wes-canada/

But not come across anyone who has tried this for Mumbai Univ / Maharashtra Board...

zuv

Apr 3, 2019
Hi
I am 2011 B.E passout from mumbai university.i got my wes reference number created after 1st December 2018
There is lot of confusion relared to the new rules.
Heres what i figured out after lots of research and asking people from University itself:
1. TRANSCRIPTS: Transcripts are needed ONLY if your year of completing the degree is more than 10 year old,else it's not needed. I confirmed the same with mumbai university staff.
2. So if you are a B.E passout,you would just need to carry 2 sets each of below docs:
All your semester marksheets
Your degree certificate.
Also carry copies of application request form available from wes website. Its also provided at University.
PLEASE CARRY ALL YOUR ORIGINALS TOO
3. You will need to take 2 envelopes (u get it below the office) on one write the address for wes, and the other u can keep blank, put the set of documents in each, and then submit to the University.
4. University timings:
Documents submission: 9 amto 1 pm( monday to Friday.. for Saturday every 1st and 3rd is working).
Documents collection: 2:30 to 5:30 pm..same days as mentioned dor submission.
I would suggestyou go in weekdays ,try to reach till 9. U will be given a token.. and there will be a line,but much less compared to weekend.
5. After u submit the documents, keep a check on mu.ac.in..they will post when your documents will be available for collection.. its in batches of the day it was submitted.
6. After u recieve the docs, chevk thoroughly all stamp and signature is prsent on each doc, and that they stamp and seal on the envelope on back.
7.They might not seal it.. u can get it done at the courier place.
Note: MU Will not courier themselves as mentioned by wes.. so we need to get it couriered ourselves at nearby courier at same postal code.
There is one..blue dart i suppose..near to burger king.. its cheap ..they charge around 1490 i think.
8. I also had confusion related to transcript.. and already issued request for that. It was only after i visited university that i came to know transcript not needed if your year of passing before 10 years. I would suggest all to please check with University beforehand, instead of going to college. Many a times the college people don't know much..so dont waste your time.

The staff at University are all youth,and they are helpful in answering your queries.

Hope it will be of help to someone.

Hi Juno,

Thanks for sharing your experience. In my WES a/c, under the required documents page, they mention mark sheets to be sent and not transcripts. I’ve applied to my college (Bcom passout from 2015) for official transcripts just in case. I understand that you sent University attested marksheets and not attested transcript to WES. Has it been accepted by WES? Please let us know as it will be quite clear what to do then.

Also, did you get the graduation certificate attested or did you send a copy of the graduation certificate without attestation yourself?

Thanks
zuv

aligrk

Mar 26, 2018
Hi, did you visit the university again with fresh photocopies!? How was it? All OK?
Hi,

Got it attested from University and have sent it to WES. Still waiting for them to accept the document and start the evaluation. Will let you know if any update.

BA_LEE

Apr 1, 2019
Hi,

Got it attested from University and have sent it to WES. Still waiting for them to accept the document and start the evaluation. Will let you know if any update.
Hi...
Thanks for the update.. I just couriered my documents today..
Will keep you posted as well about my progress..

rajduseja

Apr 18, 2019
Hey everyone. I might be repetitive here, but I am utterly confused with the process.

I completed B.E in Computer Engineering from Mumbai University. I have the transcripts that were issued and attested by the college.
I have a total of 8 marksheets, wherein the first two and the last two (sem 1,2,7 and 8) were handled by Mumbai University. Furthermore, I have the degree and course completion certificate issued by the university.

So now, I have all the marksheets and the transcripts that are already attested by the college, as well as the degree and the course completion certificate.

What is the process that I need to take now? And more prominently which place should I go to get the documents attested? Kalina or Churchgate?

Thank you and apologies for being repetitive.

moreprashu30

Mar 18, 2019
Hello all,

I am also confused regarding transcript. As mumbai university has refusing to issue trannscript for last year what we suppose to do?
I complete my graduation in 2009 from mumbai university. that time final year exam only conducted by Mumbai University. First two years exam was done internally in college. Presently working in abroad.
So now i am asking to Mumbai University for transcript towards WES, then MU advice me on that, I have to contact my college for the same. But as per new rule of WES, they need transcript only which one directly send by University to WES with seal envelope with univ's registrar/exam controller sign on back flap. I am realy confused now

As per my understanding I will suppose to doing follows. So please guide me if I am doing wrong.

1) I have appointed someone for doing all documentation work for University & College on mybehalf with my authorisation letter.

2) my person will ask my college for first two years trascript with attested both year marsheets in official college sealed & signed envelope by principal and staped. & take same another transcript in open envelope for Mumbai University attestation purpose.

3) Taking 2sets photo copy of Degree Certificate+All three Years Marksheet+Convocation certificate+ College transcript (which one take extra from college for attestation purpose ) & do attestation from MU churchgate and get sealed envelope from MU with signature on back flap

4) after getting sealed envelope from MU. purchase another one A3 size big enevelope and put both sealed envelope (which one get from my collge & MU) inside of that big envelope and send to WES canada address with reference number.

*As of now, as per understanding i am just thinking like that. but not sure about WES will accept or not this docs without third year transcript.
*Also I am not sure WES will accept or not, If i send that both transcript sealed enveloped myself.
*Can we get mumbai University official envelope for sending to WES with sealed & stamped with registrar/exam controller sign?

Please guide me guys . Is that I am thinking on right way or not?
Is that last year transcript is mandetory for WES?

Also let me know what is current stand of Mumbai University after changing WES rules.

Waiting for your favorable suggestion's.
plz reply someone on my post

Jan 11, 2019
Hey everyone. I might be repetitive here, but I am utterly confused with the process.

I completed B.E in Computer Engineering from Mumbai University. I have the transcripts that were issued and attested by the college.
I have a total of 8 marksheets, wherein the first two and the last two (sem 1,2,7 and 8) were handled by Mumbai University. Furthermore, I have the degree and course completion certificate issued by the university.

So now, I have all the marksheets and the transcripts that are already attested by the college, as well as the degree and the course completion certificate.

What is the process that I need to take now? And more prominently which place should I go to get the documents attested? Kalina or Churchgate?

Hi dude,

The problem currently is that mumbai university is not issuing transcripts and currently, WES accepts transcripts issued and attested by university itself.

BA_LEE

Apr 1, 2019

Hello,
What you can do is take photocopies of all your marksheets, convocation certificate and passing certificates and feet fe attested by Mumbai university only. No need to get the marksheets of exams (conducted by the college) attested by college. Mumbai university will attest all marksheets for you.
See below special instructions if you have cleared exams before 2008:

If the original documents are before the year 2008 then candidate must show the
original Bonafide Certificate or Transcript/s issued by the concerned educational
institution on current date for verification and submit the photocopies of the same
Bonafide Certificate or Transcript/s to the office.

Reactions: Srii11

dpsk@depth

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hi dude,

The problem currently is that mumbai university is not issuing transcripts and currently, WES accepts transcripts issued and attested by university itself.
Hi,

To get transcripts from Mumbai University, no need to visits college and WES Canada will not accept transcript from college, only from UGC authorized university.

BA_LEE

Apr 1, 2019
Hi...
Thanks for the update.. I just couriered my documents today..
Will keep you posted as well about my progress..

University of Mumbai, India
Bachelor of Science, 2012
Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional) |
Accepted
Statement of Marks |
Accepted

2. University of Mumbai, India
Master of Marketing Management, 2019
Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional) |
Accepted
Statement of Marks |
Not Accepted

Reason: We received your mark sheets, but we need additional documents.

Instructions: Mark sheets for years 1 and 2 of your study program (semesters 1-4) can be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai or the college you attended. Mark sheets representing year 3 must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai. Please have your mark sheets resent to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official. Refer toRequired Documents.

What do I do now? All my marksheets of masters were attested by mumbai university itself

AllyR

Jun 6, 2019
Hi everyone,

Can anybody please thoroughly guide me on the following:-

My friend went on my behalf to the University of Mumbai (Kalina Campus) for transcripts to be sent to WES Canada as I do not reside in India. The representative did not accept first-year and second-year mark sheets stating that it will be done in your respective college. But my college is not an autonomous college and is affiliated with the University of Mumbai. The representative in the University just accepted my Degree mark sheet, Convocation certificate and passing certificate and said that we will post it to WES within 25 business working days. WES would require all semesters mark sheets or transcripts to verify its authenticity.
What could be done in the above situation? Has anyone faced a similar crisis?
It is difficult and very confusing to understand. As one missing document could consume two months of the process and further delaying my documentation work. Can we have a set protocol which everyone could follow? Your help is appreciated. Thank you!

Best
Alina

vedashree

Jun 10, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have created my profile on WES after DEC-2018.

I Have sent all below documents( sealed and attested ) through Mumbai University , still it is partially accepted :

1) All semester Marksheets
2) Transcripts from college.
3) Degree Certificate.

Response I received is as below :

Document Status
Waiting to receive 1 document(s)
1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional), Bachelor of Engineering, 2011

• Accepted
2. Statement of Marks, Bachelor of Engineering, 2011

• Not Accepted | Details
Reason: WES received your mark sheets, but they were not sent directly from your academic institution as required by WES.

Instructions: Please ask your academic institution to send your mark sheets directly to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.

Please anyone suggest.

Thanks

nishad2s

Jun 18, 2019
Hello Guys,

I have the same confusion as most of you regarding the new WES process.

Could anyone please let me know if you were able to get through it successfully? Below is the process as per my understanding but I already see this hasn’t worked for some people in the forum:

1) Get official transcripts from college attested by principal.
2) Get the college attested transcripts, all sem mark-sheets and degree certificate attested by Mumbai University in a sealed envelope with their address label by visiting the Churchgate office.
3) Send the envelope to WES from a post near the university without putting anything in the ‘from’ address.

I have even emailed WES regarding clarification but no response yet. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sachsiye

Jul 17, 2019
@vedashree @nishad2s

Guys, have you been able to solve this issue? I have got the same response from WES and I am totally confused, what should i actually send again.

I submitted University attested (from the Churchgate office) documents as below:
- Degree Certificate
- Degree passing certificate
- marksheets (Sem 2, 7, 8 university issued and Sem 1,3,4,5,6 college issued)
- transcripts (issued by college, I submitted original, so it has two stamps one of college and one of university attestation)

Sent it in a university stamped and sealed envelope, with "FROM" address as stamp of Registrar, University of Mumbai address. Couriered by DHL near university office in churchgate.

Any guidance will be highly appreciated

below is the response from WES:
Document Status
Waiting to receive 1 document(s)
1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional), Bachelor of Engineering, 2002

• Accepted
2. Statement of Marks, Bachelor of Engineering, 2002

• Not Accepted | Details
Reason: We received your mark sheets, but we need additional documents.

Instructions: Mark sheets representing years 1 and 4 of study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai. Mark sheets for years 2 and 3 of your study program (semesters 3-6) can be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai or the college you attended. Please have your mark sheets resent to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.

vedashree

Jun 10, 2019
@ Sachsiye : Yes issue is solved for me. I resent all my mark sheets (sem 1-8) through university .
It seems they need all mark sheets through university .
Even if you do not send from college its fine for them.
but if you send only through college it wont get approved.