+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES evaluation for Bachelor's degree from Mumbai University

Liz2004

Feb 8, 2019
Mum
Hi Shweta,

Same thing happened with me,
i got all my Marksheets for BFM attested by mumbai university and sent by mumbai university
WES is saying the documents need to be send by academic institution, i am confused
Mumbai University sent the documents for you?

Juno Mishel Sebastian

Feb 13, 2019
I am 2011 B.E passout from mumbai university.i got my wes reference number created after 1st December 2018
There is lot of confusion relared to the new rules.
Heres what i figured out after lots of research and asking people from University itself:
1. TRANSCRIPTS: Transcripts are needed ONLY if your year of completing the degree is more than 10 year old,else it's not needed. I confirmed the same with mumbai university staff.
2. So if you are a B.E passout,you would just need to carry 2 sets each of below docs:
All your semester marksheets
Your degree certificate.
Also carry copies of application request form available from wes website. Its also provided at University.
PLEASE CARRY ALL YOUR ORIGINALS TOO
3. You will need to take 2 envelopes (u get it below the office) on one write the address for wes, and the other u can keep blank, put the set of documents in each, and then submit to the University.
4. University timings:
Documents submission: 9 amto 1 pm( monday to Friday.. for Saturday every 1st and 3rd is working).
Documents collection: 2:30 to 5:30 pm..same days as mentioned dor submission.
I would suggestyou go in weekdays ,try to reach till 9. U will be given a token.. and there will be a line,but much less compared to weekend.
5. After u submit the documents, keep a check on mu.ac.in..they will post when your documents will be available for collection.. its in batches of the day it was submitted.
6. After u recieve the docs, chevk thoroughly all stamp and signature is prsent on each doc, and that they stamp and seal on the envelope on back.
7.They might not seal it.. u can get it done at the courier place.
Note: MU Will not courier themselves as mentioned by wes.. so we need to get it couriered ourselves at nearby courier at same postal code.
There is one..blue dart i suppose..near to burger king.. its cheap ..they charge around 1490 i think.
8. I also had confusion related to transcript.. and already issued request for that. It was only after i visited university that i came to know transcript not needed if your year of passing before 10 years. I would suggest all to please check with University beforehand, instead of going to college. Many a times the college people don't know much..so dont waste your time.

The staff at University are all youth,and they are helpful in answering your queries.

Hope it will be of help to someone.

aligrk

Mar 26, 2018
I am 2011 B.E passout from mumbai university.i got my wes reference number created after 1st December 2018
There is lot of confusion relared to the new rules.
Heres what i figured out after lots of research and asking people from University itself:
1. TRANSCRIPTS: Transcripts are needed ONLY if your year of completing the degree is more than 10 year old,else it's not needed. I confirmed the same with mumbai university staff.
2. So if you are a B.E passout,you would just need to carry 2 sets each of below docs:
All your semester marksheets
Your degree certificate.
Also carry copies of application request form available from wes website. Its also provided at University.
PLEASE CARRY ALL YOUR ORIGINALS TOO
3. You will need to take 2 envelopes (u get it below the office) on one write the address for wes, and the other u can keep blank, put the set of documents in each, and then submit to the University.
4. University timings:
Documents submission: 9 amto 1 pm( monday to Friday.. for Saturday every 1st and 3rd is working).
Documents collection: 2:30 to 5:30 pm..same days as mentioned dor submission.
I would suggestyou go in weekdays ,try to reach till 9. U will be given a token.. and there will be a line,but much less compared to weekend.
5. After u submit the documents, keep a check on mu.ac.in..they will post when your documents will be available for collection.. its in batches of the day it was submitted.
6. After u recieve the docs, chevk thoroughly all stamp and signature is prsent on each doc, and that they stamp and seal on the envelope on back.
7.They might not seal it.. u can get it done at the courier place.
Note: MU Will not courier themselves as mentioned by wes.. so we need to get it couriered ourselves at nearby courier at same postal code.
There is one..blue dart i suppose..near to burger king.. its cheap ..they charge around 1490 i think.
8. I also had confusion related to transcript.. and already issued request for that. It was only after i visited university that i came to know transcript not needed if your year of passing before 10 years. I would suggest all to please check with University beforehand, instead of going to college. Many a times the college people don't know much..so dont waste your time.

The staff at University are all youth,and they are helpful in answering your queries.

Hope it will be of help to someone.
Hi...Thanks for the explanation but am confused as to why do we need 2 sets?
I have got my marksheets attested from my college and now will give it to the University and then mail it to WES. Please let me know if I am heading in the wrong direction. Thanks

Juno Mishel Sebastian

Feb 13, 2019
Hi...Thanks for the explanation but am confused as to why do we need 2 sets?
I have got my marksheets attested from my college and now will give it to the University and then mail it to WES. Please let me know if I am heading in the wrong direction. Thanks
Hi aligrk,
Are you also B.E passout from mumbai university?
you have mentioned that you have got the mark sheets attested from the college so for which all years you have got it attested? Year 1 and 4 needs to be attested by Mumbai University 2 and 3 can be attested either from the college or from Mumbai University .
I got all of it attested from Mumbai University itself.
two sets are needed because when you submit the documents they will verify one set against the original documents and mark it,just for them to check if you have brought all the documents .
and the next set will be submitted for the stamping and attestation ,which you will be getting roughly around 4 or 5 days later.

aligrk

Mar 26, 2018
Hi aligrk,
Are you also B.E passout from mumbai university?
you have mentioned that you have got the mark sheets attested from the college so for which all years you have got it attested? Year 1 and 4 needs to be attested by Mumbai University 2 and 3 can be attested either from the college or from Mumbai University .
I got all of it attested from Mumbai University itself.
two sets are needed because when you submit the documents they will verify one set against the original documents and mark it,just for them to check if you have brought all the documents .
and the next set will be submitted for the stamping and attestation ,which you will be getting roughly around 4 or 5 days later.
Hi Juno,

Yes even I am a BE passout. I have attested all the copies from college and now will give it to the university. So basically we only send 1 set to WES, the ones which have been attested and not the ones which the University take to mark against originals..right?

moreprashu30

Mar 18, 2019
Hello all,

I am also confused regarding transcript. As mumbai university has refusing to issue trannscript for last year what we suppose to do?
I complete my graduation in 2009 from mumbai university. that time final year exam only conducted by Mumbai University. First two years exam was done internally in college. Presently working in abroad.
So now i am asking to Mumbai University for transcript towards WES, then MU advice me on that, I have to contact my college for the same. But as per new rule of WES, they need transcript only which one directly send by University to WES with seal envelope with univ's registrar/exam controller sign on back flap. I am realy confused now

As per my understanding I will suppose to doing follows. So please guide me if I am doing wrong.

1) I have appointed someone for doing all documentation work for University & College on mybehalf with my authorisation letter.

2) my person will ask my college for first two years trascript with attested both year marsheets in official college sealed & signed envelope by principal and staped. & take same another transcript in open envelope for Mumbai University attestation purpose.

3) Taking 2sets photo copy of Degree Certificate+All three Years Marksheet+Convocation certificate+ College transcript (which one take extra from college for attestation purpose ) & do attestation from MU churchgate and get sealed envelope from MU with signature on back flap

4) after getting sealed envelope from MU. purchase another one A3 size big enevelope and put both sealed envelope (which one get from my collge & MU) inside of that big envelope and send to WES canada address with reference number.

*As of now, as per understanding i am just thinking like that. but not sure about WES will accept or not this docs without third year transcript.
*Also I am not sure WES will accept or not, If i send that both transcript sealed enveloped myself.
*Can we get mumbai University official envelope for sending to WES with sealed & stamped with registrar/exam controller sign?

Please guide me guys . Is that I am thinking on right way or not?
Is that last year transcript is mandetory for WES?

Also let me know what is current stand of Mumbai University after changing WES rules.

Waiting for your favorable suggestion's.

Juno Mishel Sebastian

Feb 13, 2019
Hi Juno,

Yes even I am a BE passout. I have attested all the copies from college and now will give it to the university. So basically we only send 1 set to WES, the ones which have been attested and not the ones which the University take to mark against originals..right?
That is right, you need to submit the set which has been attested and stamped

aligrk

Mar 26, 2018
Hi Juno

The University is refusing to attest the set which is attested by college. So as done by you, I too will give a new set to University, get all the marksheets attested ONLY from University and send it to WES.

Is your evaluation completed? And have they accepted your marksheets since you only attested from the University. I am asking this cause you know that 2nd and 3rd year checking is done by college. Appreciate your help brother.
That is right, you need to submit the set which has been attested and stamped

BA_LEE

Apr 1, 2019
Hi Juno

The University is refusing to attest the set which is attested by college. So as done by you, I too will give a new set to University, get all the marksheets attested ONLY from University and send it to WES.

Is your evaluation completed? And have they accepted your marksheets since you only attested from the University. I am asking this cause you know that 2nd and 3rd year checking is done by college. Appreciate your help brother.
Hi juno... I'm facing the same dilemma... I'm awaiting your reply... It would prove very helpful to me...

BA_LEE

Apr 1, 2019
@shindeharshad18 - I got the exact response back from WES. 2 questions:
  1. who issued your semester 1 marksheet - college or University of Mumbai?
  2. how did u package your marksheets (Sem 1,2,7,8 in one package, and the rest in other)?
I am also trying to find a solution for the same, not sure what to do next. If you have figured out, please do let me know. Thnx
Have you submitted your docs to Wes? Did you also get some docs from college and get them attested by university?

BA_LEE

Apr 1, 2019
@shindeharshad18 - I got the exact response back from WES. 2 questions:
  1. who issued your semester 1 marksheet - college or University of Mumbai?
  2. how did u package your marksheets (Sem 1,2,7,8 in one package, and the rest in other)?
I am also trying to find a solution for the same, not sure what to do next. If you have figured out, please do let me know. Thnx
Have you submitted your docs to Wes? Did you get some docs from college and got them attested by the university?

BA_LEE

Apr 1, 2019
Hi Juno

Hi, did you visit the university again with fresh photocopies!? How was it? All OK?