+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES evaluation for Bachelor's degree from Mumbai University

Dec 26, 2018
I have applied in WES for my documents assessments of my Bachelor of Engineering degree which I completed from Mumbai University.

I have sent Xerox of all semester marksheets attested by University of Mumbai , Xerox of Degree certificate attested by University of Mumbai and Transcript which I got from college all pages attested by both College and University of Mumbai. I got my transcript for all four years which is attested by both college and University in sealed envelope from Mumbai University. I sent all these documents to WES through FedEx and I got below response from them :

University of Mumbai, India

1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional), Bachelor of Engineering, 2011

Accepted

2. Statement of Marks (College Issued and Attested), Bachelor of Engineering, 2011

Accepted

3. Statement of Marks (University Issued and Attested), Bachelor of Engineering, 2011

Not Accepted | Details

Reason: We received your mark sheets, but we need additional documents.

Instructions: Mark sheets representing years 1 and 4 of study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai. Mark sheets for years 2 and 3 of your study program (semesters 3-6) can be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai or the college you attended. Please have your mark sheets resent to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.

Could someone please give me instructions on what should be done for transcript to be accepted by WES.

I enquired in University of Mumbai and they confirmed that college issues the transcript for all years irrespective of who conducted exam and University just assess it.

Shweta_Desai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
You need to give all ur marksheet xerox + transcript from college in an envelope, with address of WES and ur WES refr # etc written on it. This whole thing to Mumbai univ, near sydenam college, and they charge some money for attestation, and main thing is - they will attest each page, and attest and sign on the envelope which then you seal. Sending sealed envelope to WES is important. and that is what WES have also asked.

Dec 26, 2018
You need to give all ur marksheet xerox + transcript from college in an envelope, with address of WES and ur WES refr # etc written on it. This whole thing to Mumbai univ, near sydenam college, and they charge some money for attestation, and main thing is - they will attest each page, and attest and sign on the envelope which then you seal. Sending sealed envelope to WES is important. and that is what WES have also asked.
Hello Shweta,
Thank you for quick response....

I got all the documents ( each page attested by University of Mumbai Churchgate office). They also attested each page of my transcript which was attested by my college already and sealed it in a envelope having their stamp and signature as a seal and also stamp on the front with the address of University of Mumbai. Now my Marksheets and Degree certificate got accepted only transcript which was in University sealed envelope got rejected.
It was already attested by both college and University of Mumbai hence I am in dilemma now on what to send to WES.

Last edited:

acegautam

Jan 4, 2018
@shindeharshad18 - I got the exact response back from WES. 2 questions:
  1. who issued your semester 1 marksheet - college or University of Mumbai?
  2. how did u package your marksheets (Sem 1,2,7,8 in one package, and the rest in other)?
I am also trying to find a solution for the same, not sure what to do next. If you have figured out, please do let me know. Thnx

Rajalogin

Jan 23, 2019
Hello Harshad,

Did you got to close the issue, I would be coming next week to University to get my documents attested for Wes. If there is anything new please share it with me. Thanks

Venkat

Shaazq92

Jan 21, 2015
Hello Harshad,

Did u make the profile after Dec 1' 2018? New WES rule says the university needs to send the documents directly to WES but Mumbai university doesn't !! I have all the documents ready just need to send it. Please reply !!

Thanks.

Reactions: calvinbarreto3
Jan 23, 2019
We are facing the same query with Pune University but as per discussion with Wes they want the university to send it directly in a sealed envelope to them. However very few universitesu follow this procedure and are not aware of the changes as of Dec1,2018 according to WES. Hope they are updsupd on the same.

Jan 23, 2019
Hello Harshad,

Did u make the profile after Dec 1' 2018? New WES rule says the university needs to send the documents directly to WES but Mumbai university doesn't !! I have all the documents ready just need to send it. Please reply !!

Thanks.
Hi any update on your issue faved with University

Ezio4250

Feb 1, 2019
@GAUTAM and @Harshad,

Did you figure out a solution yet ? I got the same response today. Mumbai University doesnt not issue transcripts, i got mine from the college, and university attested it.

I have someone to go and Check it out the university again. I will post what happens.

I think we can also request a copy of our marksheets from university directly ship it through them.

Ezio4250

Feb 1, 2019
Hello Shweta,
Thank you for quick response....

I got all the documents ( each page attested by University of Mumbai Churchgate office). They also attested each page of my transcript which was attested by my college already and sealed it in a envelope having their stamp and signature as a seal and also stamp on the front with the address of University of Mumbai. Now my Marksheets and Degree certificate got accepted only transcript which was in University sealed envelope got rejected.
It was already attested by both college and University of Mumbai hence I am in dilemma now on what to send to WES.
Let me know if you got this fixed ? And how ?

Ezio4250

Feb 1, 2019
@shindeharshad18 - I got the exact response back from WES. 2 questions:
  1. who issued your semester 1 marksheet - college or University of Mumbai?
  2. how did u package your marksheets (Sem 1,2,7,8 in one package, and the rest in other)?
I am also trying to find a solution for the same, not sure what to do next. If you have figured out, please do let me know. Thnx
Have you got a solution to this yet ?

kvt214

Feb 1, 2019
@GAUTAM and @Harshad,

Did you figure out a solution yet ? I got the same response today. Mumbai University doesnt not issue transcripts, i got mine from the college, and university attested it.

I have someone to go and Check it out the university again. I will post what happens.

I think we can also request a copy of our marksheets from university directly ship it through them.
Let me know how this goes. Also, where did you get the attestation done for your Mumbai Univ transcripts/marksheets? Was it the campus at Churchgate? Also, any answers on whether the university has agreed to send the transcripts directly?

Liz2004

Feb 8, 2019
Hi! Did you start your WES application before December 1,2018. Because after that the rules changed and I’m trying to figure how to get Mumbai University to send the docs directly to WES as they are refusing to accept them (even if sealed) from individuals. Does anyone know how this can be done?

Feb 8, 2019
Hi Shweta,

Same thing happened with me,
i got all my Marksheets for BFM attested by mumbai university and sent by mumbai university
WES is saying the documents need to be send by academic institution, i am confused