+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES-equivalent for INDIAN DIPLOMA- 3 years

Bilkish

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hi..
My son has done his 12 HSC from Pune..then direct second year diploma in civil engineering...then he went to direct second year degree college engineering..he cleared his third year degree but one subject of second year he failed..
He send for revaluation now. So he is not promoted to fourth year till results of revaluation come.
He is PR residents of Canada.
Planning to go back now as frustrated with this system.
Will his degree be according to Wes..or Canadian equivalent..

HopingForGood

Aug 1, 2018
Hi PreetSingh,

I have 3 years of Bachelor of science degree from recognized University from India and I have the WES evaluation already.
It shows as Canadian equivalence Bachelor degree (4 years).

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY Bachelor's degree (four years)

Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: 2005
Awarded by: ************ University
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Science
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Later I did online 1 year Post Graduate diploma in Business Management (PGDBM) from the recognized Indian University.

If I go to WES website and start an upgrade application with below reason:

Upgrade Reason: Add another credential

Will WES evaluate my credentials and recognize as "Bachelor degree (4 years) and Post Graduate Study (1 year)" so that I can get extra points?

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

jugal_canada

Sep 18, 2016
I have done Diploma in Computer engineering (3 years) after 10th and B.E in computer engineering.

My ECA reports says-
Canadian Equivalency summary-

Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

What should I select in level of education while filling EE profile ?

saurabh20

Aug 27, 2018
Hi Preet,

I have done 10th and then 3 years diploma in civil engg and then b.tech in electronics.

From ECA-
Canada equivalence of diploma is considered as-
@@Seconday school diploma and diploma (2 years)
Canada equivalence of btech is considered as-
@@Bachelors (4 years)

Kindly help me with the query: that am i eligible for " two or more degrees, diploma and certificate, one must be of >= 3 years" ?
I googled it but this query is still unanswered. Your help will be highly appreciated.
Hi
Did you go for WES assessment ? I have the same qualification and interested to know if I can go for two or more certificates instead bachelor degree. Please share your experience

Aug 24, 2018
Hi Preet,

I have done 10th and then 3 years diploma in civil engg and then b.tech in electronics.

From ECA-
Canada equivalence of diploma is considered as-
@@Seconday school diploma and diploma (2 years)
Canada equivalence of btech is considered as-
@@Bachelors (4 years)

Kindly help me with the query: that am i eligible for " two or more degrees, diploma and certificate, one must be of >= 3 years" ?
I googled it but this query is still unanswered. Your help will be highly appreciated.
@diveshchopra what was your WES outcome, have you eligible to select "two or more cert" ? TIA!

Aug 24, 2018
I have done Diploma in Computer engineering (3 years) after 10th and B.E in computer engineering.

My ECA reports says-

Have you tried ask WES to provide "two or more cert" written on evaluation for CANADA Immigration? Please share what did you select two or more or bachelor degree. Thanks!

kunalv

Mar 20, 2018
Bachelors Degree...
I completed Diploma and my WES report says

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY Diploma (three years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (three years)

Should I select

"Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" while submitting EE profile?

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019

My ECA reports says-

two or more certificates

kARUNA123@#$

Jul 2, 2018

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

Should I select

"Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" while submitting EE profile?
Did you do your diploma after 12th? I did diploma after 12th, I sent my documents to wes few days ago. I am waiting for the result. Please reply me.

Thank you.

kARUNA123@#$

Jul 2, 2018

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

Should I select

diploma (three years) equals to Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or . other institute. You need to select this option on the express entry.

Did you do 3 years of diploma after 10th or 12th?

kunalv

Mar 20, 2018
diploma (three years) equals to Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or . other institute. You need to select this option on the express entry.

Did you do 3 years of diploma after 10th or 12th?
Thanks. Canada site also says the same. Wanted to verify as consultants said "Diploma two years" should be selected, which will reduce points by 21. Looks like they are wrong.

I completed Diploma after 10th.

kARUNA123@#$

Jul 2, 2018
Thanks. Canada site also says the same. Wanted to verify as consultants said "Diploma two years" should be selected, which will reduce points by 21. Looks like they are wrong.

I completed Diploma after 10th.
Yes. They are wrong. Most of the consultants do not have basic knowledge about certain things. They just give some wrong information without knowing. Educational credential assessment in canada website says exactly Diploma (three years) equals to "Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or . other institute"

If It is a Diploma (three years).You should select "Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or . other institute" in express entry. You do not need to ask any consultancy. It is so clear.

Before most people got Canadian Equivalency as Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) for 3 years diploma after 10th. But You got Canadian Equivalency as Secondary school diploma and diploma (three years). May I know How you got diploma (three years) for 3 years diploma after 10th? Could you please tell which board you completed the diploma from? I completed three years of Diploma from State board of technical education and training in Andhara Pradesh.

Last edited:

anukaran95

Sep 4, 2018
Hello Guys,

I have done 3 years diploma from the State Board after 10th. In the meanwhile, I did my +2 from open school as well. What would be the WES equivalency for this?

Thanks