+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES-equivalent for INDIAN DIPLOMA- 3 years

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi PreetSingh,

I have 3 years of Bachelor of science degree from recognized University from India and I have the WES evaluation already.
It shows as Canadian equivalence Bachelor degree (4 years).

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY Bachelor's degree (four years)

Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: 2005
Awarded by: ************ University
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Science
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Later I did online 1 year Post Graduate diploma in Business Management (PGDBM) from the recognized Indian University.

If I go to WES website and start an upgrade application with below reason:

Upgrade Reason: Add another credential

Will WES evaluate my credentials and recognize as "Bachelor degree (4 years) and Post Graduate Study (1 year)" so that I can get extra points?

Any help would be appreciated.
Did you send your PG Diploma to WES?

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Thanks. Canada site also says the same. Wanted to verify as consultants said "Diploma two years" should be selected, which will reduce points by 21. Looks like they are wrong.

I completed Diploma after 10th.
3 year diploma after 10th is equal to 2 year Canadian diploma

kunalv

Mar 20, 2018
3 year diploma after 10th is equal to 2 year Canadian diploma
Most of the cases I heard its like that way. But ECA already evaluated my credentials and it says

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY Diploma (three years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (three years)

They have mentioned that its equivalent to Diploma three years.

kunalv

Mar 20, 2018
Yes. They are wrong. Most of the consultants do not have basic knowledge about certain things. They just give some wrong information without knowing. Educational credential assessment in canada website says exactly Diploma (three years) equals to "Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or . other institute"

If It is a Diploma (three years).You should select "Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or . other institute" in express entry. You do not need to ask any consultancy. It is so clear.

Before most people got Canadian Equivalency as Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) for 3 years diploma after 10th. But You got Canadian Equivalency as Secondary school diploma and diploma (three years). May I know How you got diploma (three years) for 3 years diploma after 10th? Could you please tell which board you completed the diploma from? I completed three years of Diploma from State board of technical education and training in Andhara Pradesh.
I completed Diploma from MSBTE (Maharashtra State board of technical education)

Reactions: kARUNA123@#$

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Most of the cases I heard its like that way. But ECA already evaluated my credentials and it says

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY Diploma (three years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (three years)

They have mentioned that its equivalent to Diploma three years.
Was your diploma after 12th is the real question ? I am not an expert here, others can help.

Amandeep2626

Sep 5, 2018
Guys
I have done 10th, diploma (3yr) and b.tech (3years).

Now i have three question .
Please do answer

1) Am i eligible for "two or more certificate option" ?

2)how to select diploma in WES as there is no option of diploma. Only bachelor's is mentioned. How to select diploma?

3) can i send my certificate to WES before doing IELTS or anything and all.? Bcz if ill be eligible then only ill give it a try.

Please answer as it will help many of us.
Thanks a lot in advance

Regards
Amandeep

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Guys
I have done 10th, diploma (3yr) and b.tech (3years).

Now i have three question .
Please do answer

2)how to select diploma in WES as there is no option of diploma. Only bachelor's is mentioned. How to select diploma?

3) can i send my certificate to WES before doing IELTS or anything and all.? Bcz if ill be eligible then only ill give it a try.

Please answer as it will help many of us.
Thanks a lot in advance

Regards
Amandeep
YES

When you will start adding education to your application and choose State board , you will get option to enter Diploma.

Both processed are independent, so go ahead and start as this will take around 3 month. (End to End)

Reactions: Amandeep2626

anukaran95

Sep 4, 2018
Hello Sir,

I have done 3 years diploma from the State Board after 10th. In the meanwhile, I did my +2 from open school as well. What would be the WES equivalency for this?

Thanks

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
I am very confisedwith your answer, WES outcome says secondary school diploma and diploma (2 years) + bachelor 4 years.

As per CIC, it should be 2 or more "post secondary" qualification.

How can one select 2 or more in this case??
secondary school diploma and diploma (2 years) = Word "and" is the key. here is break-up

Secondary school diploma = 10th
diploma (2 years) = 3 year Indian diploma
bachelor 4 years. = 3/4 year Indian Degree.

Now you have 2 or more degrees [diploma (2 years) & bachelor 4 years] out of which one need to be three years.

I hope this help.

Reactions: SunnyNaagar
Sep 15, 2018
secondary school diploma and diploma (2 years) = Word "and" is the key. here is break-up

Secondary school diploma = 10th
diploma (2 years) = 3 year Indian diploma
bachelor 4 years. = 3/4 year Indian Degree.

Now you have 2 or more degrees [diploma (2 years) & bachelor 4 years] out of which one need to be three years.

I hope this help.
Hope you are right but how sure are you, do you know any one who have received PR with similar case??

Mahfuj62

Sep 18, 2018
Hello There!

Greetings!
I've read above all the queries & helpful answers. But I am confused about mine as because I have done my 4 year diploma in Mechanical Engineering after 10th so what would be my ECA?

Thank You!!!!

RethishN

Oct 5, 2018
Dear Folks,
I have a 12+ 3 years diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology from Maharashtra State Board of Techincal Education could you'll please advice me what would be the WES equilancy

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Dear Folks,
I have a 12+ 3 years diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology from Maharashtra State Board of Techincal Education could you'll please advice me what would be the WES equilancy
Go to WES and check on their equivalency tool :)