+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Education Credential Assessment (ECA)

yogi44

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-10-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Hi...to increase my points i have done post graduate diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA - 1 Year) via distance education mode. I hope that WES will recognize distance education diplomas. I have done the BTECH and it is already evaluated by WES in 2014. I am doing this part time diploma from Swami Vivekanand Shubharti University. It is recognized by UGC. But the University is not issuing me transcripts. So can i take the photo copied of the marksheets and can get it attested from the university and mail those in a sealed envelope. Will that be acceptable by WES ?

TeeTolls

Mar 26, 2018
Hello House,

WES just released my MSC Evaluation as 1 year of graduate study.

My concern is the remark states- The credentials not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.

Would you advice i evaluate my bachelors or i can use this and if yes, under which category does it fall. Thank you for the anticipated assistance.

DIvi.707

Mar 2, 2018
HI friends I am in Canada currently on work permit. Yesterday I got my transcripts for my BCOM and MBA form GNDU (through GNDU online transcript) in envelope from GNDU in Canada. It has stamped , Indian stamps and my address on which it was delivered.
Now till I know, I need to create a account with WES and pay some fees and they will provide me with the reference number and along with that reference number i have to sent the letter. But in certain thread it was written that we have sent a letter.

Now can anyone who has recent successful gone through this process what should be content of letter and and what is the address of WES to which I have to send the courier. And if I am missing something in this full process of my degree evaluation for my PR.

Also while creating a WES account I have some question :
1) Which option to select WES standard or ECA with IRCC ?
2) On the page where we have to add our educational credential which option to select in Institution Type ,: a. University education b. State board of tech edu c) State board gen Nursing d) Professional inst e) Secondary education. I did my MBA from university main campus and Bcom from dav college. I believe so it will be secondary education
3) In th very next column which of these apply : a. Attended an Indian secondary school b) Attended Frecnh Prog c) Attended International High school d)Completed IGCSE A level or AS level Exam

Thanks

rajeevan3209

Mar 22, 2018
I have following qualification from two different UGC, AICTE, NAAC, BED certified universities in India -
  • Bachelors of Engineering in Computer Engineering (4 years) from Mumbai University - On campus mode
  • Graduate diploma in Software Testing (6 months) from IGNOU - Correspondence/online mode

I wanted to know with above mentioned qualification which of the following options I'm allowed to opt for express entry profile -
  1. Post-secondary program credential of three years or longer - 120 points
  2. Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer - 128 points

Note:
Please note that I have two qualifications i.e. one Bachelors degree (4 years) and one graduate diploma (6 months). So has anyone got their 6 month duration course validated from WES?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Sam,

Did you manage to get your Degree+Diploma evaluated? If yes, Could you please let me know what was the outcome?

I'm in the same boat, Degree(4 years) + Diploma(1 Year-Partime - On Campus).

Thanks in Advance.

kamranrajput

Apr 1, 2018
Hello everyone,
I've a question below:

My WES report showing CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY as below:

"Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (three years)"

I just want to know how many points i'll get based on above summary in Federal skilled workers (Express Entry)?

According to my understanding, i'll get 22 points as per this education:
"Two or more Canadian post-secondary degrees or diplomas or equal (at least one must be for a program of at least three years)"

Am I right? Please help me.

Thanks.

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
hello friends,

PLs help

i have submitted my doc for wes. now i got an mail that my diploma in hospitalty management (studied in india but certs from usa) and one year diploma( singapore) will not be assessed.
they can assess only my 12 th standard certificate.

any suggetions

pls share

May 10, 2018
I am having trouble with getting the education credentials from WES.
My background: I hold a 4.5 year UNDERgraduate diploma from an institute in India. The institute is affiliated to a university which is found in the WES list of universities.

I sent my documents by post, once they had reviewed the documents,
1. I was asked to submit my degree certificate and
2. my undergraduate diploma is shown as a POSTgraduate diploma.

Since I don't hold a degree, I have no othercertificate left to share. I have already written a letter to WES stating this but they are still asking for a degree certificate.

What should I do now? Is there a way to contact them and clarify this?

May 10, 2018
Hello!
I am having trouble with getting the education credentials from WES.
My background: I hold a 4.5 year UNDERgraduate diploma from an institute in India. The institute is affiliated to a university which is found in the WES list of universities.

I sent my documents by post, once they had reviewed the documents,
1. I was asked to submit my degree certificate and
2. my undergraduate diploma is shown as a POSTgraduate diploma.

Since I don't hold a degree, I have no other certificate left to share. I have already written a letter to WES stating this but they are still asking for a degree certificate.

What should I do now? Is there a way to contact them and clarify this?

Bassay

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
I have a wierd situation now with my ECA. All of a sudden WES has put my completed ECA on Hold. They sent photocopies of my transcripts to University for a "verification". GOD! After completing the ECA and after me making final submission, now WES has put my completed ECA on HOld and IRCC won't be able to access my report until my university reverts back. This is particularly happening with Osmania University degrees in Hyderabad, India. Anyone else in same situation?

shivu107

Aug 10, 2017
Hello frnd

Can anyone tell me the rough Idea about what will be Canada equivalent degree of 12+ 3 year diploma in computer engineering done in India

Bell Niki

Jul 25, 2016
Hello,
Please, has anyone gotten a favorable ECA evaluation from Medvarsity online, india?
I did a 1year diploma in Hospital administration but it wasn't recognised by WES.

Vanivinay

Jul 27, 2017
Hello

My documents received on 6th june
Status on 8th june and again on 18th June

What the below status actually mean

We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s).

Status last updated: 6/18/2018

Pending
Evaluation in Progress

Your evaluation is in progress. You are not required to do anything at this time.

Bassay

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
Hello,
Please, has anyone gotten a favorable ECA evaluation from Medvarsity online, india?
I did a 1year diploma in Hospital administration but it wasn't recognised by WES.
Please check if it will be recognised by IQAS by reading the below link.

https://www.alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/india-international-education-guide.pdf

This guide has all accreditions one institute must have to be considered as equivalent.

Also refer https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-education-guide-india.aspx#toc-6

The Wall

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
I have one question guys. I did my wes successful for my bachelor degree in 2017. But I had completed my master degree in 2014 but because of some transcript issue my immigration officer forced me too wes of bachelor only as crs score at those time was very low ( My crs score is 421). But now I want to do wes of master degree which boost my crs score from 421 to 459. My question is will WES authority or Canadian immigration officer ask me why I did not do the WES of master degree along with the bachelor degree?

chemistesa

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
hi,

that's also what i thought, but since i'm applying for ECA, i just had to ask them. and this is what they said

this was my question

Hi, I''m going to apply for an ECA with WES, my question is, I have already finished a bachelor''s degree here in the philippines but am currently also taking another 2 year course which I have not finished yet. The study I''m currently taking, I ''ve already finished 1 year, will that be included in your evaluation? thanks

this was their answer

Thank you for your interest in World Education Services (WES-Canada). WES can evaluate incomplete studies completed at duly recognized academic institutions.

what does that mean? "WES can evaluate INCOMPLETE studies COMPLETED at duly recognized academic institutions"?

thanks
Hello my Friend,

Did you get any answer?
I am in a similar situation. I have a 4 year Bsc degree completed in 2013, and currently studying a MEng degree which includes BEng degree requirements + 1 year graduAte study and a master project. I have already completed the BEng degree requirements but do not have a certificate for it because if I am awarded the BEng degree I will have to quit the program and not be able to study the Master courses. The university sent a letter to WES stating that if the student quits anytime the university has to award him minimum BEng degree. I am not sure if I will be able to claim for “two or more certificates” with this. Waiting for the evaluation.

Reactions: ridhwanalam