+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA - IIM Post Graduate Diploma

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Hey @dguptaxlri , @samikdg

I completed my full time PGDM from SPJIMR in 2014. Facing the same issue, PGDM got evaluated as a 4 year bachelor's degree. Did you get your WES ECA rectified? If yes, how?
Hi, I got my WES ECA as Masters first time itself, no need for rectification. WES has actually changed the policy for Indian MBA/PGDM from last year. They are providing Masters ECA to only IIM full-time PGDMs and any other 3-year full-time PGDM. For all others, they give Post Graduate diploma which can be used for "Two or more certificates or degrees.." option on EE profile. If you want Masters ECA for your PGDM from SPJIMR, you've to get it done from IQAS, they take 3-4 months for evaluation.

Reactions: Adkadi

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Hello Samik, what is the procedure to get transcripts from IIMC in the prescribed closed envelope format? I am also a PGDM alumnus from IIMC. Also, did you put any extra efforts for our PGDM to be considered as an MBA by WES?
Sorry I missed your post earlier. Hope you got your ECA as Masters from WES by now?

rashiarora93

Feb 9, 2019
Hi, I got my WES ECA as Masters first time itself, no need for rectification. WES has actually changed the policy for Indian MBA/PGDM from last year. They are providing Masters ECA to only IIM full-time PGDMs and any other 3-year full-time PGDM. For all others, they give Post Graduate diploma which can be used for "Two or more certificates or degrees.." option on EE profile. If you want Masters ECA for your PGDM from SPJIMR, you've to get it done from IQAS, they take 3-4 months for evaluation.
Hey @samikdg

Is this policy available online anywhere? Or is it off hand information? A couple of my friends from NMIMS and FMS also got masters.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Hey @samikdg

Is this policy available online anywhere? Or is it off hand information? A couple of my friends from NMIMS and FMS also got masters.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/if-you-have-done-mba-from-india-do-not-opt-for-eca-from-wes.598555/

I have seen a blog post from WES earlier, but not able to locate it now. This policy change has happened around Aug-Sep 2018, your friends must have got Masters ECA before that, please check with them.

Adkadi

Mar 12, 2019
Hi @samikdg

Thanks for starting this thread. Its really helpful to get clarity on IIM degrees. I have a query with respect to the institution type. Can you please help.
Details are below:

I have a PGDM degree from IIM Lucknow and trying to create an account in WES. While adding credential I was asked to select the institution type. I see the following options:
1. University education
2. State Boards of Technical Education
3. Professional education: ICA etc.
4. Secondary education

Can you please help me out on the option that has to be selected for PGDM degree from IIMs

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Hi @samikdg

Thanks for starting this thread. Its really helpful to get clarity on IIM degrees. I have a query with respect to the institution type. Can you please help.
Details are below:

I have a PGDM degree from IIM Lucknow and trying to create an account in WES. While adding credential I was asked to select the institution type. I see the following options:
1. University education
4. Secondary education

Can you please help me out on the option that has to be selected for PGDM degree from IIMs
All your PGDM/MBA, Engineering etc fall under University Education. When you select the degree under your application, I believe there should be an option called "PGDM (IIM)" or something like that. Select that while creating your application.

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
Hi @samikdg

Details are below:

1. University education
4. Secondary education

Use university education and for IIMs they are giving Masters.

Sandeepravuri

Mar 20, 2019
@samikdg, I am also facing the same issue. I did PGDM from XLRI. I had also sent the official note which says that PGDM is recognized by AICTE as equivalent to MBA from Indian universities but that didn't help. There are many who faced similar issue earlier but then got it corrected somehow. Please let me know if you have any update on how to go about this.
Hi @dguptaxlri,
Did ur PGDM from XLRi got recognised??? Did they evaluate it equal to a masters degree. Please confirm

Rgs/Sandeep

yasirali2006

Apr 29, 2019
Use university education and for IIMs they are giving Masters.
Hi,
I am new to this forum and about to start my ECA via WES. I have done my PGDM from IIM Ahmedabad and Bachelor of Technology from Pantnagar University. I understand that WES has changed the policy for Indian students, and they are also asking for bachelor's documents as well. I am confused, am I required to send my bachelor's documents via my bachelor's university, in addition to my masters from IIMA, or do I need to send my bachelor's documents in the same envelop that will be sent by IIMA?

Can anyone please provide some insight? Thanks in advance!

fpp

Aug 7, 2019
Sorry I missed your post earlier. Hope you got your ECA as Masters from WES by now?
Hi.

Can you pls reply to his query. I have the same.

what is the procedure to get it done from the college.

Maximum details that you can provide will be helpful

amurag

Feb 26, 2020
HI. I am unable to find "IIM Calcutta" or "Indian Institute of Management Calcutta" while selecting Name of the Institute in Add Credentials section. Has anyone else faced this issue?

ja1904

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
HI. I am unable to find "IIM Calcutta" or "Indian Institute of Management Calcutta" while selecting Name of the Institute in Add Credentials section. Has anyone else faced this issue?
Assuming you are going ahead with WES, under add credential, select following:

Country of Education: India
Institute Type: University Education
Which of these apply: Master's degree and Post Graduate Diploma
Name of the Institution: Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata (Note - It's Kolkata, and not Calcutta; probably that's why you didn't get it).

All the best!

amurag

Feb 26, 2020
Institute name is still Calcutta. Having said that there is no IIM which is appearing in the list.

ja1904

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
Institute name is still Calcutta. Having said that there is no IIM which is appearing in the list.
I Know the institute name is still Calcutta. Just saying what's there in WES system. For me all the IIMs are visible, even new ones. Here's the screenshot: