14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
Hey Prashan,

You've been really helpful with this thread to be honest.

Ive also done BTEC level 5 240+ and currently pursuing a top up degree 120+ credits.

Just wanted to know, are they counted as 2 or more degrees?

My HND is already evaluated by WES as 2 year diploma.

Thanks in advance.
This will be equivalent to two or more degrees. Your HND will be equivalent to a two year diploma and your bachelors degree will be equivalent to a four years bachelors degree

Waleedjatt

Jan 18, 2019
This will be equivalent to two or more degrees. Your HND will be equivalent to a two year diploma and your bachelors degree will be equivalent to a four years bachelors degree
Thanks alot for the response Prashan :)

One last question. Im not sure if you've applied for express entry or not. If so, you received the points for 2 or more degrees?

Sorry just a little paranoid.

Another thing, since my diploma is already evaluated, I wouldn't be required to send it again along with my bachelor's right?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Walid

kayoter

Sep 16, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I'm in the process of creating my EE profile as the main applicant, as I did not evaluate my wife's bachelor degree, what should I mention in her education section?
IF I want to select Bachelor degree and ECA is not done. Do I still need to provide her educational credentials after ITA?
If I select none for education, would it be a misrepresentation?
Should her work certificate letters also be as detailed as mine?

Thank you
anyone plz

P Jayasinghe

Mar 6, 2019
Hi Prashan,

My MBA was recognized from WES. However, my post graduate diploma (which led to the MBA) with 120 credits was not recognized. I have a issue with the start date of the MBA. If i remove the period of the PGD my MBA would start on Nov 14 and end in March 15 (5 months). Will that be an issue if I put this in my application? My MBA only provide the years (14/15), whereas my PGD transcript says Oct 13- Nov 14. I followed this course at BSC colombo. I already got the ITA but was wondering what dates to put for my MBA.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Prashan,

My MBA was recognized from WES. However, my post graduate diploma (which led to the MBA) with 120 credits was not recognized. I have a issue with the start date of the MBA. If i remove the period of the PGD my MBA would start on Nov 14 and end in March 15 (5 months). Will that be an issue if I put this in my application? My MBA only provide the years (14/15), whereas my PGD transcript says Oct 13- Nov 14. I followed this course at BSC colombo. I already got the ITA but was wondering what dates to put for my MBA.
This is so strange.

Could you please tell us more details of the pg diploma with 120 credits which WES didn't recognize? Was it a level 7?

You can put the start date for your MBA as October 13. What does your MBA transcript say? It considers the subjects of your diploma right?

P Jayasinghe

Mar 6, 2019
This is so strange.

Could you please tell us more details of the pg diploma with 120 credits which WES didn't recognize? Was it a level 7?

You can put the start date for your MBA as October 13. What does your MBA transcript say? It considers the subjects of your diploma right?
Hi! Yes it was level 7 with 120 credits. The MBA says enrolled 14/15

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi! Yes it was level 7 with 120 credits. The MBA says enrolled 14/15
Go ahead with just MBA then. If your profile you mentioned master's and WES gave ECA as master's right?

Which Level 7 diploma was it which didn't get reconguized? Pls tell us the awarding body name and the name of the diploma.

Your the first case on the forum whose 120 credits level 7 is not recognized.

P Jayasinghe

Mar 6, 2019
My WES evaluation states the following for the PGD:

Canadian Equivalency: One year of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education
credential.

However my MBA is recognized.
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Master's degree

So I guess I shouldn't worry too much about it and only put the MBA and just mention about the PGD in the personal history and not educational history and explain in LOE

warshan

Oct 13, 2019
hi prasanna,
i have done BCS PGD and completed. but i have not done the project? is it ok for WES? if i have more than 5years of experience can we request for a exemption. Loku udauwwak machan thanks

A H Shafi

Oct 16, 2019
My WES evaluation states the following for the PGD:

Canadian Equivalency: One year of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education
credential.

However my MBA is recognized.
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Master's degree

So I guess I shouldn't worry too much about it and only put the MBA and just mention about the PGD in the personal history and not educational history and explain in LOE
Hi Jayasinghe,
How many days it took to complete the entire process?? I mean after receiving all of your transcripts from LSC and Cardiff Met, how many days WES took to complete your equivalency?? Please kindly inform me your step by step process with approx. date and time frame at your earliest convenient time. Eagerly waiting for your reply. Thanks. Shafi

P Jayasinghe

Mar 6, 2019
hi prasanna,
i have done BCS PGD and completed. but i have not done the project? is it ok for WES? if i have more than 5years of experience can we request for a exemption. Loku udauwwak machan thanks
Hi!

I think you need to do the final project to get the masters from Cardiff. The PGD alone is not recognised.

P Jayasinghe

Mar 6, 2019
Hi Jayasinghe,
How many days it took to complete the entire process?? I mean after receiving all of your transcripts from LSC and Cardiff Met, how many days WES took to complete your equivalency?? Please kindly inform me your step by step process with approx. date and time frame at your earliest convenient time. Eagerly waiting for your reply. Thanks. Shafi
They give a rough timeline after you submit the transcripts. I got it exactly on that day.

A H Shafi

Oct 16, 2019
They give a rough timeline after you submit the transcripts. I got it exactly on that day.
I see. Thanks. BTW, can you please tell me the approx 'rough timeline' period? 1/1.5/2 months? Or 20/30/40/50 days? It would be great if I could know that. Thanks again. Shafi

Oct 15, 2016
Hello Everyone, I have a BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma from Pearson, I have tried to request my Transcript & Certificate sent to WES for the past 10 days but shows on Pearson website that it is " new request". probably not been processed. I'm scared I might be doing the wrong thing. Can someone please do let me know if I am doing the right thing and how long it is going to take to get the required documents sent to WES. I paid 43 Pounds.

Last edited: