+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA 'Executive management program' - is it of any use?

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
@Tashasiq - I need your help here. My WES report is very similar to yours. Did WES make changes to your report? And, finally, what option did you proceed with?
@nt13 - please advise as well.
You can enter both your credentials in the EE profile. The system will automatically consider it as "Two or more degrees".
You must have ECA for both the degrees (shouldn't matter even if both degrees aren't mentioned in the top summary of your report, so long as both the degrees / credentials have Canadian Equivalency and are from a Recognized Institute). I see no harm in taking the shot that way.

WES isn't addressing such requests these days to provide the revised reports, however no harm in trying. It took 4-5 requests from me to get the revised reports (just to mention it in the top line summary).

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Reactions: kaush322

kaush322

Oct 2, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
29-11-2019
You can enter both your credentials in the EE profile. The system will automatically consider it as "Two or more degrees".
You must have ECA for both the degrees (shouldn't matter even if both degrees aren't mentioned in the top summary of your report, so long as both the degrees / credentials have Canadian Equivalency and are from a Recognized Institute). I see no harm in taking the shot that way.

WES isn't addressing such requests these days to provide the revised reports, however no harm in trying. It took 4-5 requests from me to get the revised reports (just to mention it in the top line summary).

Sure, thanks! I will give it a try as it is an honest submission.

Sudhakar92

Jul 20, 2018
I do have a similar query : I did BTECH (4 year) in 2002 and I am pursuing Post Graduate Program in Business Analytics ( 1 year deemed as certificate course) from Great lakes Institute Of Management.

So - should it be treated as -
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
OR
Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute\

Looking for your response ....
Hi,

Have you got your WES cleared for your 1 year program in Great lakes. Currently i'm doing a similar 1 year course in GL.

Reactions: Joy2020

peramjannu

Jan 28, 2020

Hi,
Did you get an ITA and got any update on the PR application ?Did CIC consider two degrees ?I am also in the same boat..can you please reply

Joy2020

Sep 6, 2020
I do have a similar query : I did BTECH (4 year) in 2002 and I am pursuing Post Graduate Program in Business Analytics ( 1 year deemed as certificate course) from Great lakes Institute Of Management.

So - should it be treated as -
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
OR
Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute\

Looking for your response ....
Hello.. What the response you received from WES on your PGP program with GLIM, was it accepted as "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees"?

Joy2020

Sep 6, 2020
Hi,

Have you got your WES cleared for your 1 year program in Great lakes. Currently i'm doing a similar 1 year course in GL.
Hi.. Did you apply for ECA on your great lakes PGP program, was it considered by them as Two or more certificate?

peramjannu

Jan 28, 2020
Hello.. What the response you received from WES on your PGP program with GLIM, was it accepted as "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees"?
In my case,WES didn't respond at all.But IRCC considered it as one year course.So i got the points for Two or more degrees.Your evaluation should say "
completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business" and your institution should be recognized.comple tion of an executive management program in CIC terms mean one year course.So if WES evaluation says so,then you should be good.

Cybrboyin

Aug 16, 2020
In my case,WES didn't respond at all.But IRCC considered it as one year course.So i got the points for Two or more degrees.Your evaluation should say "
completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business" and your institution should be recognized.comple tion of an executive management program in CIC terms mean one year course.So if WES evaluation says so,then you should be good.
Hello,

Can i please have your contact details as i have the same issue. The degree has been evaluated by WES as completion of an Executive management program offered by a graduate school of business but they have not mentioned it in the Sumamry.We tried to contact them numerous times to change the Summary but they did not reply.Can i proceed and create my EE Profile and claim points for Two or more degrees.

Thank You

peramjannu

Jan 28, 2020
Hello,

Can i please have your contact details as i have the same issue. The degree has been evaluated by WES as completion of an Executive management program offered by a graduate school of business but they have not mentioned it in the Sumamry.We tried to contact them numerous times to change the Summary but they did not reply.Can i proceed and create my EE Profile and claim points for Two or more degrees.

Thank You

Hello There,
My Summary was updated by WES.
Wish you good luck..

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years) and completion of an executive
management program offered by a graduate school of business

Name on Credential: XXXXXXX
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Executive Programme in Business Management
Year: 2006
Awarded By: Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata
Major: Business Management
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate
school of business

Cybrboyin

Aug 16, 2020
Sure, thanks! I will give it a try as it is an honest submission.
Hi Kaush322,

I am in the same situation.Mt 2 degree post bachelors has been evaluated by WES as completion of an Executive management program offered by a graduate school of business but they have not mentioned it in the Sumamry.I tried to contact them numerous times to change the Summary but they did not reply for the past 2 months.Can i proceed and create my EE Profile and claim points for Two or more degrees. Did you get the points for Two or more certificates based on your honest submission without it being added to the summary by WES. ? Please let me know.

Thank you

Cybrboyin

Aug 16, 2020
Hello There,
My Summary was updated by WES.
Wish you good luck..

Bachelor's degree (four years) and completion of an executive
management program offered by a graduate school of business

Credential: Executive Programme in Business Management
Year: 2006
Awarded By: Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata
Major: Business Management
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate
school of business

Last edited:

Cybrboyin

Aug 16, 2020
Hello Janardhan,

Thank you for your prompt response. I have joined the Facebook group as advised but I haven't received any concrete response yet. Would you recommend I go ahead and create my EE Profile and claim points for Two or more degrees without waiting for WES to update my Summary as I already have a 4 Years bachelors. From my understanding of what I read on some previous threads, is that as long as your degree has an ECA of Executive Management Program from a Recognized University, you can claim points irrespective if WES missed adding it to the summary. I just wanted to clarify before my creating my profile to avoid any misrepresentation as it is in no way fault of ours if WES made an error my not adding it to the summary and now they don't reply and accept requests to edit the summary. Since you have a first hand account as you have successfully claimed points for a similar degree, I hope you will be able to advise. MY ECA from WES is as follows. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank You.

Bachelor's degree (four years)
Revised ECA Report (original completed April 5, 2018)

1st Degree

Credential: Bachelor of Commerce
Year: 2008
Awarded By: University of Pune
Major: Business Administration
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (4 Years)

2 Degree

Credential: Diploma in Business Finance
Year: 2009
Awarded By: Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India, ICFAI
Major: Business Finance
school of business

Sankalp896

Feb 11, 2021
Hi PeramJannu ,

I have the same issue in my WES Report as well.
Can I have your contact number to discuss on how to get it sorted ?

Sankalp896

Feb 11, 2021
Hi Guys,
Need some urgent help here..
I got my WES ECA Report today. PFA the screenshot for the same.

In my WES Report , Canadian Equivalency Summary says "Bachelor's Degree (4 years)".
Although I have submitted 2 degree certificates and both have Canadian Equivalency mentioned in the Report.

Bachelor's degree (four years)
CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Name on Credential: XXXXX
Credential authentication: Documents were verified by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Technology
Year: 2012
Awarded by: Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT)
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Canadian equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Name on Credential: XXXXXX
Credential authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Executive Programme
Year: 2020
Awarded by: Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata
Major: Operations Management
Canadian equivalency: Completion of an executive management program offered by a
graduate school of business

Shouldn't the Canadian Equivalency Summary mention "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be a program of 3 or more years".
OR
Bachelor's Degree (4 years) and Completion of an Executive Management Program offered by a graduate school of business.

Can someone help me with the Correct steps on how to get this rectified from WES ?