+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA 'Executive management program' - is it of any use?

Canada90728

Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi fellow members,

Need suggestion from senior members and people who are/were in similar situation.

My spouse (secondary applicant) received the following response from WES for her ECA. I am confused if executive management program be considered to get any point.

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: 2006
Awarded by: Berhampur University
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Science
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Executive Postgraduate Diploma in International Business
Year: 2015
Awarded by: Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
Major/Specialization: International Business
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business

Which one of the following should I select in EE profile for the secondary applicant?

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
OR
Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

vdassani

Star Member
Nov 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada90728 said:
Hi fellow members,

Need suggestion from senior members and people who are/were in similar situation.

My spouse (secondary applicant) received the following response from WES for her ECA. I am confused if executive management program be considered to get any point.

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business

Which one of the following should I select in EE profile for the secondary applicant?

OR
Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.' without a doubt.

Canada90728

Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vdassani said:
'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.' without a doubt.
Thanks vdassani. Just curious to know how you concluded that it is 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.' I am struggling to find a reference in CIC website that mentions about 'Executive management program'. Do I need to provide any additional evidence to clarify this?

Canada90728

Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
What is the Overall Canadian Equivalence Summary on their ECA report?
Hi Asivad,

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (three years) and completion of an
executive management program offered by a graduate school
of business

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada90728 said:
Hi Asivad,

Bachelor's degree (three years) and completion of an
executive management program offered by a graduate school
of business
You can choose '2 or more...' option as clearly the summary is for a 3 year Bachelors plus a post graduate degree/diploma/certificate.

All the best!

vdassani

Star Member
Nov 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada90728 said:
Thanks vdassani. Just curious to know how you concluded that it is 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.' I am struggling to find a reference in CIC website that mentions about 'Executive management program'. Do I need to provide any additional evidence to clarify this?
My spouse also has the same case, the only difference being hers was an executive diploma in international business. I selected 2 or more certificates for her and entered a PG Diploma in IB, which was reflecting on her WES report as well.

Canada90728

Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
You can choose '2 or more...' option as clearly the summary is for a 3 year Bachelors plus a post graduate degree/diploma/certificate.

All the best!
Hi Asivad,

Sorry to be picky here but the summary says Executive management program from graduate school of business. It's does not explicitly mention it as a degree, diploma or certificate. Will it be safe to assume that a executive program is a certificate or diploma?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada90728 said:
Hi Asivad,

Sorry to be picky here but the summary says Executive management program from graduate school of business. It's does not explicitly mention it as a degree, diploma or certificate. Will it be safe to assume that a executive program is a certificate or diploma?
Yes.

Clearly indicates that this was from a graduate school of business which makes it a post Bachelors/ post graduate program. I'm assuming that this was at least a 1 year program.

Canada90728

Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Yes.

Clearly indicates that this was from a graduate school of business which makes it a post Bachelors/ post graduate program. I'm assuming that this was at least a 1 year program.
Thanks for clarifying Asivad. Yes, it was a 1 year program.

amverma

Sep 15, 2016
Hello
I have similar case in WES as yours.
Bachelor degree and Executive 1 year program....
However in the Summary at the top WES has not written the Executive part!!

Question:
1. Is this "Bachelor's degree (three years) and completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business" your exact summary in WES report
2. Did you proceed and was CIC ok with 2 degrees option.

Thank you

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
amverma said:
Hello
I have similar case in WES as yours.
Bachelor degree and Executive 1 year program....
However in the Summary at the top WES has not written the Executive part!!

Question:
1. Is this "Bachelor's degree (three years) and completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business" your exact summary in WES report
2. Did you proceed and was CIC ok with 2 degrees option.

Thank you
Hello,

What exactly did WES write as your Canadian equivalent summary? Copy and paste here. If your summary only says bachelors degree, then that is what you should select.

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Yes.

I always assumed that the summary had to match an option on the CIC ECA conversion table? I thought the executive course wouldnt/isnt on there?

I dont know, but just assuming.

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
Canada90728 said:
Hi fellow members,

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

OR
this is how you read your report:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

has to be on the table

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
Asivad Anac said:

All the best!
Also to claim two or more, where does it state anywhere that it has to be post graduate? for example my summary is:

Two diplomas (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

an my diplomas are not post graduate and i can claim 2 or more.