+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES degree equivalence for MBA (pgdm) from IIM and a B. Tech/B. E in Electronics

samer33

Jul 7, 2019
Hi....
I am in a similar situation. Since you got a Canadian Equivalency of "PG diploma" does that mean you will fall in the category of "2 or more certificates, diplomas and degrees. One must be a program if three years or more". If so, then the overall score difference between masters and "2 or more....." is 7 points and shouldn't matter much. Is my understanding correct?
I think we should let WES know that FMS has regular 2 years MBA and it should be considered Canadian Equivalency of 2 Years Masters

dranuragz

Aug 5, 2019
Hi

I have done my Bachelors and Masters from India.

I want my Master's credentials only evaluated by WES for Express Entry under FSWP. I do not want my Bachelor's evaluated. WES mentions in its website (https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/wes-indian-credential-evaluations/)

• If your master’s degree was obtained from an Indian institution, and does not fall into the categories listed above, you MUST also submit your bachelor’s degree documents. WES cannot evaluate the master’s degree without the bachelor’s degree.
Do I simply need to send the Bachelor's degree to WES directly (send myself)? Or, does WES want a transcript also (directly sent from the university)?

Has anyone experienced it?

thanks!

sahilsharma88

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Hi

I have done my Bachelors and Masters from India.

I want my Master's credentials only evaluated by WES for Express Entry under FSWP. I do not want my Bachelor's evaluated. WES mentions in its website (https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/wes-indian-credential-evaluations/)

• If your master’s degree was obtained from an Indian institution, and does not fall into the categories listed above, you MUST also submit your bachelor’s degree documents. WES cannot evaluate the master’s degree without the bachelor’s degree.
Do I simply need to send the Bachelor's degree to WES directly (send myself)? Or, does WES want a transcript also (directly sent from the university)?

Has anyone experienced it?

thanks!
You will need to collect the the transcripts from your B'Tech college and in a sealed envelope with university stamp and then send this to WES for evaluation.

Ani_mod

Feb 18, 2019
Hi I received my evaluation from WES today stating the PG-BABI from Great lakes institute of management course as Not recognized program. Can any one suggests me what is the alternative to this?
Hi

I am not sure what program you are from in GLIM. I did the one year PGPM and I heard IQAS gives a one year PG equivalency to it. I suggest you try that. But the timeline for IQAS is 6 months from the time you courier the docs.

Sudhakar92

Jul 20, 2018
1 year PGPM was recognized by IQAS as 1 year certificate course form university and that is after including transcripts from great lakes and the certificate from Stuart school of business. Not sure what WES will do but it took about 95 days for the evaluataion from WES.
Hello,

Have you got your great lakes credential evaluated by Iqas ?

Sudhakar92

Jul 20, 2018
Hi I received my evaluation from WES today stating the PG-BABI from Great lakes institute of management course as Not recognized program. Can any one suggests me what is the alternative to this?

Hello,

Have you tried with any other evaluation agencies? I also need to evaluate my great lakes one year post graduate diploma . Could we connect ?

Kaushal88

Jun 16, 2020
Hi, I saw these 5 options when I created my WES profile. These were not visible when I was checking the free assessment tool. MDI is listed there. Now the question is to select which option out of these 5. It is surely not a university and I don't think it is professional education (which I believe refers to CA, CS, etc.)
Hi, I'm pgdm (Finance), mdi Gurgaon batch of 2018. Could you please help as to how can I get it assessed as masters equivalent?

Aj1128

Jun 11, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-01-2019
1 year PGPM from Great Lakes Institute of Management

Hi,

I have 4 year B.Tech and 1 year PGPM from Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai. I want to know if my 1 year PGPM will be considered as an MBA equivalent by WES? Does a PMP certification of any help in CRS score?

Hi, Great Lakes is not recognized by WES as they don’t recognize the 1 year program for MBA. Also, the college in general is not in their list.

Great lakes is trying to talk to WES, but that inclusion will take some time. Meanwhile, Great lakes is recognized by IQAS. So, you can send your evaluation to them. Your degree will be counted and ut will add to your CRS score. Pmp certificate is not counted for the process.

IQAS takes 4–6 months though. Evaluation bodies other than WES, take atleast that much time.

Aj1128

Jun 11, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-01-2019
Hi

Does Great Lakes 2 year regular PGDM fetches u some points? and what is the way of selecting Great lakes as university as it is not in the dropdown menu.?

Thanks
Hi, Great Lakes is not recognized by WES as they don’t recognize the 1-2 year program for MBA. Also, the college in general is not in their list.

Great lakes is trying to talk to WES, but that inclusion will take some time. Meanwhile, Great lakes is recognized by IQAS. So, you can send your evaluation to them.

IQAS takes 4–6 months though. Evaluation bodies other than WES, take atleast that much time.

Last edited:

Aj1128

Jun 11, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-01-2019
Can anyone respond, what equivalency they got for 1 year PGPM from great lakes institute of management?
The certificate you receive from IQAS says recognised as a post graduate certificate from great lakes. One year graduate certificate. It also says that the program is comparable to a completion of University certificate with focus in management.