+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES degree equivalence for MBA (pgdm) from IIM and a B. Tech/B. E in Electronics

sherryokie

Sep 7, 2018
I checked and it is showing Bachelor degree (4 years) for MBA from Delhi University.
Did it change for you post submission of other proofs.
Please help!

Hi @fakenoob . I did 2 year full time MBA from FMS Delhi.
My WES got completed today, and I've received "Canadian Equivalency" of "Postgraduate diploma (one year)" . Did it happen to you as well? I am wondering if that means I cannot use my MBA degree to claims Masters. Not sure what has gone wrong. I will be thankful for any help, please.

aviseqdas

Jan 8, 2018
1 year PGPM was recognized by IQAS as 1 year certificate course form university and that is after including transcripts from great lakes and the certificate from Stuart school of business. Not sure what WES will do but it took about 95 days for the evaluataion from WES.

Reactions: MADL

ansh17

Sep 25, 2018
Hi Guys,
I got my ECA report on 10th sept from WES. To my disappointment, my PGDM from a well renowned AICTE and AIU approved institute is not recognized by WES. Thereby, I am left with only my bachelor's degree.
I have been emailing them, calling them, writing on social media but there is no revert from WES. I know many of us are facing this issue which is impacting our score. But is there anyone who was able to resolve this issue? What are the steps you took and please share the resolution timeline as well?

MADL

Oct 8, 2018
1 year PGPM was recognized by IQAS as 1 year certificate course form university and that is after including transcripts from great lakes and the certificate from Stuart school of business. Not sure what WES will do but it took about 95 days for the evaluataion from WES.
I have also completed my PGPM-Ex from Great Lakes and facing the similar situation.
How long does it take to get it evaluated from IQAS?

J_J

Aug 2, 2018
Hi, Can i contact you? Just wanted to know whether PGPM from SOIL will be evaluated like this

Thanks in advance

AnKS1

Oct 19, 2018
Hi, I am facing the same issue with my Masters degree as well. I have done Masters from IMT Ghaziabad and WES has completed my analysis stating my degree equivalency as “ Post Graduate Diploma 1 year” I have written to them and received a revert stating that they consider only MBA of 3 years or MBA from IIT or IIM as equivalent to Masters in Canada. please guide as I need to get this resolved at soonest possible.

Reactions: Audarya

saveri

Oct 1, 2018
Hey @Mkface03 and @good_luck2712 did reaching out to WES for FMS degree help out? Did they change the equivalency to 2 year masters??

We are also in the same situation for DU-FMS.
Hi @Mkface03,
My husband did his PGDM from MDI and bachelors from VNIT. Today he got his ECA report as Postgraduation Diploma (1 year) for MDI.
We are thinking to get started with application with two or more degrees option (I hope we can choose that with the current ECA report), than choosing Masters as we meet the CRS score cutoff with that too, but can wait and appeal to WES if there's any hope to get it upgraded to Masters.
What do you suggest? Was your issue resolved? If yes then how much more time it took after the original ECA report?

Hi @good_luck2712 ,
Can you suggest us what should we do?

Thanks

MADL

Oct 8, 2018
its really sad to see, there is none from Great Lakes 1 year PGPM who can comment about the evaluation from IQAS. Someone did mention that for WES it was " Diploma/Certificate" from unrecognized institution" which gets you 0 points. Not sure if IQAS will do a proper evaluation and will give the actual credit. I sent my credentials to IQAS on May 22nd, still waiting for even the acknowledgment email from them. Hoping for the best!
Have you received the report now?

MADL

Oct 8, 2018
I am also looking to do PGPM one year diploma program in Great Lakes. However, I am worried if it will be recognized by WES. I inquired their admission cell and they are not sure about that. Anyone completed the PGPM program and got it evaluated by WES or IQAS, please provide some insight on the same.

It looks like at the end of the program, they will provide dual certification - one from Great Lakes and another from Illinois Institute of Technology. So I would like to see if WES recognizes the course as the certificate is offered by Illinois Institute of Technology too.
Have you received any confirmation?
I am also in the same boat :(

MADL

Oct 8, 2018
Hello Everyone!
Do we need to send 2 different packages to IQAS ?
Are transcripts need to be sent separately than application package ?
Applicant : Complete application online and mail application package by post. Monitor delivery through courier.
IQAS : IQAS sends you an email confirming we opened your package. Note: It takes time to process mail, so it could take a few weeks for IQAS to email you.

Applicant : Request your official transcripts from your school.
IQAS : IQAS emails you after receiving all transcripts.

05pravin

Dec 4, 2018
Hi,

Good to see that PGPM from Greatlakes is recognized. Could you please elaborate the process of getting transcripts from Stuart school of business. I can PM regarding this for further clarification. Your help is highly appreciated since I have tried all sorts of medium to get a positive response but in vain.

-Pravin