+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES degree equivalence for MBA (pgdm) from IIM and a B. Tech/B. E in Electronics

kamranrajput

Apr 1, 2018
Hi,

My WES report showing CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY as below:

"Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (three years)"

I just want to know how many points i'll get based on above summary in Federal skilled workers (Express Entry)?

Thanks.

kumar2222

Apr 25, 2018
IIM guys, How to approach ? What was the way you all followed to recognize your degree as Masters by WES. Guide please.

aviseqdas

Jan 8, 2018
Hi,
Can anyone share their experience about 1 year PGPM from Great Lakes, Chennai? What ECA does WES provide for it? Is it better to go for IQAS even if takes more time.

aviseqdas

Jan 8, 2018
Hi,

My WES report showing CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY as below:

"Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (three years)"

I just want to know how many points i'll get based on above summary in Federal skilled workers (Express Entry)?

Thanks.
What are your qualifications?

sriguru12

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
I am also looking to do PGPM one year diploma program in Great Lakes. However, I am worried if it will be recognized by WES. I inquired their admission cell and they are not sure about that. Anyone completed the PGPM program and got it evaluated by WES or IQAS, please provide some insight on the same.

It looks like at the end of the program, they will provide dual certification - one from Great Lakes and another from Illinois Institute of Technology. So I would like to see if WES recognizes the course as the certificate is offered by Illinois Institute of Technology too.

sriguru12

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
It would be helpful for us if any Alumni from Great Lakes could inquire about this in their alumni forum and provide a clarity on WES evaluation on PGPM program like PGP-BABI. Thanks

aviseqdas

Jan 8, 2018
its really sad to see, there is none from Great Lakes 1 year PGPM who can comment about the evaluation from IQAS. Someone did mention that for WES it was " Diploma/Certificate" from unrecognized institution" which gets you 0 points. Not sure if IQAS will do a proper evaluation and will give the actual credit. I sent my credentials to IQAS on May 22nd, still waiting for even the acknowledgment email from them. Hoping for the best!

Reactions: Joy2020

Mkface03

Jul 1, 2018
Hi @fakenoob . I did 2 year full time MBA from FMS Delhi.
My WES got completed today, and I've received "Canadian Equivalency" of "Postgraduate diploma (one year)" . Did it happen to you as well? I am wondering if that means I cannot use my MBA degree to claims Masters. Not sure what has gone wrong. I will be thankful for any help, please.

guys you willl get the masters degree evaluation. Thats what is my opinion.

I am FMS delhi MBA ,have received the degree evaluation and m in the last phases of the PR process.

I am somewhat concerned that IIM MBA is not a degree course rather a diploma . But i have seen other guys having such diplomas getting masters equivalency assessment from WES.

so my opinion is your IIM MBA Diploma will be evaluated as a Masters degree equivalent in Canada.

good_luck2712

Aug 13, 2018
Hi @fakenoob . I did 2 year full time MBA from FMS Delhi.
My WES got completed today, and I've received "Canadian Equivalency" of "Postgraduate diploma (one year)" . Did it happen to you as well? I am wondering if that means I cannot use my MBA degree to claims Masters. Not sure what has gone wrong. I will be thankful for any help, please.
Hi @Mkface03 I also did 2 year Full time MBA from FMS. My WES got completed today, and I have also received "Canadian Equivalency" of 2 year FT MBA as "Postgraduate diploma (one year)" I dont know why they are doing so.
@Mkface03 Can we connect for this. I some forums people do ask WES for change in evaluation result by sharing AICTE /AIU approval for college

Last edited:

Mkface03

Jul 1, 2018
Hi @Mkface03 I also did 2 year Full time MBA from FMS. My WES got completed today, and I have also received "Canadian Equivalency" of 2 year FT MBA as "Postgraduate diploma (one year)" I dont know why they are doing so.
@Mkface03 Can we connect for this. I some forums people do ask WES for change in evaluation result by sharing AICTE /AIU approval for college
Sure, can you please post or message your number and what's generally a good time to call?