+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES -Bachelor degree 4yrs and Post graduate diploma 1 Yr

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Does it matter if I select either? Is a 1 yr PGD considered a Bachelors in Canada?
What options do you have again?

I’m trying to imagine the dropdown options, unfortunately it’s been a long while since I saw that page. ^_^
For my 1 year full time MBA executive though, what should I select?
a. Can I select 'Masters' under 'Level of education'?
b. Which option should I select under 'Level of education shown on ECA report'? Masters, Bachelors or One-year program?
As long as it’s clear that what it is on paper from your university and what ECA says it’s equivalent to, choose that option. So don’t choose Masters. If there’s a “One-year program/diploma/certificate” option, try that.

Reactions: sanjunairb
Apr 26, 2020
Hi Guys

Hope all are safe at home. I have gone through all 7 pages of this post but am not yet clear on below. Would be humbly grateful if someone can answer the below query.

My 2 Year MBA was evaluated as 1 year postgraduate diploma by WES.

Could you please clarify the below -

In section - Level of education, should I fill 1) 1 Year program 2) 2 Year program or 3) Masters Degree, or professional degree..

In section - Level of education as per ECA report, should I fill 1) 1 Year program 2) 2 Year program or 3) Masters Degree or professional degree..

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Hi Guys

Hope all are safe at home. I have gone through all 7 pages of this post but am not yet clear on below. Would be humbly grateful if someone can answer the below query.

My 2 Year MBA was evaluated as 1 year postgraduate diploma by WES.

Could you please clarify the below -

In section - Level of education, should I fill 1) 1 Year program 2) 2 Year program or 3) Masters Degree, or professional degree..

In section - Level of education as per ECA report, should I fill 1) 1 Year program 2) 2 Year program or 3) Masters Degree or professional degree..
If it’s two different fields, fill accordingly.

i.e. if it’s an MBA, it’s an MBA but make sure there’s another item where you get to clarify that your ECA says it’s a post-grad.

(does that make sense? ^_^ otherwise keep it simple by keeping to what the ECA says. Because that is what IRCC will recognize it as, even if it is a higher equivalence elsewhere.)

Ravish Kumar

Jan 22, 2019
What options do you have again?

I’m trying to imagine the dropdown options, unfortunately it’s been a long while since I saw that page. ^_^

As long as it’s clear that what it is on paper from your university and what ECA says it’s equivalent to, choose that option. So don’t choose Masters. If there’s a “One-year program/diploma/certificate” option, try that.
Guys, I have B-tech in computer science which is evaluated by WES already and got recognized as 4-year bachelor degree so now I need someone of your help who can guide some a PG program of 1 year and university name who are recognized by WES that PG diploma and I can go with two or more degree options in EE pool.

quick help will really be helpful and really appreciated.

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Guys, I have B-tech in computer science which is evaluated by WES already and got recognized as 4-year bachelor degree so now I need someone of your help who can guide some a PG program of 1 year and university name who are recognized by WES that PG diploma and I can go with two or more degree options in EE pool.

quick help will really be helpful and really appreciated.
What worked for me was getting one from our country’s top university.

Pauceci

Oct 15, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have gone through almost all the same questions but I’m still not clear with regards my case or anyone else similar case.

My career is 6 years program to become a professional Architect . This one is split in 5 years program first (degree in architecture ) and then another year to become a professional Architect(sign/ stamp )Under ECA it was evaluated as bachelors degree ( it was taken as one program )

Under my EE profile I submitted separately
-education:5 years ECA bachelors
- education: 1 year professional ECA bachelors

When I calculated my crs score I did it counting as just a bachelors but the system gave me a higher score at submitting my profile. Now I’m concerned I will have to decline due to any inaccuracy.

Should I change my profile ? Please, help.

Thank you

Pauceci

Oct 15, 2018
Follow what your ECA gave you
Hi !!! Thank you for taking your time to respond !! Still I think is not accurate to my real educational level when you have to graduate after 5 years you are not professional until you graduate to become a professional licensed after another year of a program.

I have given the ECA assessment but the educational program is split . Should I still have to modify it ? Thank you again .

armer29

Nov 18, 2019
Hi Friends, I need your help regarding what is the right option to select for "Level of Education as per ECA" in express entry profile. I did B.Tech (4 years) and PGDBA from Symbiosis distance learning (SCDL), which is a 2-year part-time distance learning course. IQAS evaluated my credentials as:

I selected Bachelors degree option for B.Tech and need help regarding what to select for Post graduate diploma program. I am confused with below 2 options.
* One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
* Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Please note there is no option as “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees” option in the drop-down, which I know does not appear while filling express entry forms.

The reason for the confusion is that as per CIC website "University Diploma" means "One-year degree, diploma...." but my course was 2 years, so doubtful if I should select the "Two-years degree, diploma... "option or 1-year option? There is a difference of points in both cases, please see screenshot and link below.

Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html#wb-auto-11
At present, I am getting 119 points for level of education which is because my education is considered as “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees”.
Criticality is that I recently got ITA and found that I had selected the 2-year option in pre-ITA forms, but just found (after ITA) that CIC may consider University diploma as 1-year. My queries are:
  • What is the right option to select 1-year or 2-year?
  • Am I eligible for “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees” in both cases?
  • If I update, would it lower my CRS?
  • Is it right to update this field at this point if I am needed to?
Please share your thoughts/experiences? I don’t want to screw up my profile, so looking for genuine expert advice.

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Hi !!! Thank you for taking your time to respond !! Still I think is not accurate to my real educational level when you have to graduate after 5 years you are not professional until you graduate to become a professional licensed after another year of a program.

I have given the ECA assessment but the educational program is split . Should I still have to modify it ? Thank you again .
Unfortunately, that's how it is. If your ECA gave you a 4-year equivalency for the first 4 years you completed, and recognition for another certificate/ diploma for the extra year, claim that as 2 certificates/ diplomas. If it's only one program for the entire set, then it's only one set. Modify your profile to match the info on your ECA. Otherwise, IRCC will still evaluate your points anyway and decide whether you do match their criteria depending on the proof you submit to support your claim.

Reactions: Pauceci

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have gone through almost all the same questions but I’m still not clear with regards my case or anyone else similar case.

My career is 6 years program to become a professional Architect . This one is split in 5 years program first (degree in architecture ) and then another year to become a professional Architect(sign/ stamp )Under ECA it was evaluated as bachelors degree ( it was taken as one program )

Under my EE profile I submitted separately
-education:5 years ECA bachelors
- education: 1 year professional ECA bachelors

When I calculated my crs score I did it counting as just a bachelors but the system gave me a higher score at submitting my profile. Now I’m concerned I will have to decline due to any inaccuracy.

Should I change my profile ? Please, help.

Thank you
If your ECA states that its a one program, you cant enter it as two or you will receive points for two or more certificates. You will receive an ITA, and when IRCC check your ECA and see you only have an evaluation that states one credential, they will strike out your application and might deny you applying for 5 years. Be careful.

armer29

Nov 18, 2019
Unfortunately, that's how it is. If your ECA gave you a 4-year equivalency for the first 4 years you completed, and recognition for another certificate/ diploma for the extra year, claim that as 2 certificates/ diplomas. If it's only one program for the entire set, then it's only one set. Modify your profile to match the info on your ECA. Otherwise, IRCC will still evaluate your points anyway and decide whether you do match their criteria depending on the proof you submit to support your claim.
Thanks mate! Yes, I have a 4-year B.tech degree certified by IQAS and another one is a 2 year diploma certified as "University Diploma" by IQAS, which may be equal to a 1-year certificate for CIC.

1. Even if they consider it as a 1-year course, this should still fetch me points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees”, right?
2. If I select "Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute " for my diploma and CIC consider it as 1 year, can they deny/reject my application because of this difference?