+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES -Bachelor degree 4yrs and Post graduate diploma 1 Yr

pathwaytofreedom

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
I have done,
Diploma in Mechanical engineering (3years)
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering (3years)

Can somebody tell me will this make me eligible for “two or more degree” or not?
Did you do your WES evaluation yet ? Also, is the number of years that you mentioned above based on your evaluation ?

jrohit18

Jul 27, 2018
Did you do your WES evaluation yet ? Also, is the number of years that you mentioned above based on your evaluation ?
no sir, this is the original duration of my courses that i attended. and my WES evaluation report is under process. i will get it by 14th sept.

do you know anything about D2D students and their ECA? do they get 128 points for education? as it is stated that any post seconday or post bachelor course can be counted in two or more degree, diploma or certificates for getting 128 points. I just want to confirm it in the forum.

bp1209

Sep 11, 2018
Hi,

My WES Report summary is "Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)" I have completed my Masters as MBA in Finance with two years. My question is related to the post graduate diploma:

Q1. What should be selected in 'Level of Education'?
Q2. What should be selected in 'Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report'?
Q3. Will I get points for 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees' or 'University degree at the Master’s level'

Tapan_1988

Aug 16, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Hello, I have done BTECH Engineering (4years) and MBA (2years).
But WES report states "Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)"
Now what shall I select in level of education ? If I select "Masters degree or professional degree" it gives me the desired score of 450,
and if I select "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degree. One must be for a program of three years or more" it shows 443.

Is there any options where I can claim points of masters 450 or at least 443 ? Kindly share your knowledge. Thank you
Are you a Gujarat university MBA passout? (BK school)

Reactions: Purva1994

ashishInd

Sep 23, 2018
Yes. I did submit it with the increase in points. Someone mentioned here earlier that the officer will adjust the points while reviewing.
Hi !
Did you score get corrected?
Can you please confirm my understanding:
I have completed a 2 year MBA program which WES has evaluated as Postgraduate diploma (one year)
So in Level of education (required), I am putting - Master's Degree, or professional degree needed to practise in a licensed profession
and in Level of education (Canadian Equivalent) as per ECA, i am putting - One year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Is that correct
@ishq74

Last edited:
Reactions: sodharaj

sansm1984

Jun 30, 2018
Hi !
I have completed a 2 year MBA program which WES has evaluated as Postgraduate diploma (one year)
So in Level of education (required), I am putting - Master's Degree, or professional degree needed to practise in a licensed profession
and in Level of education (Canadian Equivalent) as per ECA, i am putting - One year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Is that correct
@ishq74
Yes its correct..I got similar issue. Post ITA, the system calculates based on the level of education and not ECA..Can the experts help, please? What should we do? Thank You

Reactions: sodharaj

PRPR

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
Yes its correct..I got similar issue. Post ITA, the system calculates based on the level of education and not ECA..Can the experts help, please? What should we do? Thank You
thats great , so you mean you submitted with extra 7 points and got ITA ?

Rupinder93

May 23, 2018
Hi
Can anyone please help?? I have got my wes evaluation report today. My wes report says 4yr bachelor degree and one year postgraduate diploma...i want to know if i am eligible for more than 2 degree or certificate option?? Or i have to select bachelor degree option??

saveri

Oct 1, 2018
Yes. I did submit it with the increase in points. Someone mentioned here earlier that the officer will adjust the points while reviewing.
My husband has the same issue got ECA as 1 yr Postgraduate diploma for 2 yrs MBA. Should we just submit application with Masters (for MBA) in Level of Education and 1 year program under ECA Qualification? Can we simultaneously appeal to WES for considering it as masters?

Once we get ITA can we go and update it to masters under ECA if WES updates report later to Masters?

Also is there any use of WES report after you get PR?

PRPR

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
No
My husband has the same issue got ECA as 1 yr Postgraduate diploma for 2 yrs MBA. Should we just submit application with Masters (for MBA) in Level of Education and 1 year program under ECA Qualification? Can we simultaneously appeal to WES for considering it as masters?

Once we get ITA can we go and update it to masters under ECA if WES updates report later to Masters?

Also is there any use of WES report after you get PR?
No , they wont change it to masters !

saveri

Oct 1, 2018
No

No , they wont change it to masters !
Yes they didnt. We emailed them with link to the website mentioning AICTE etc and called helpline to escalate and got reply in one day but it didnt help. This was the reply. It's the standard reply which they are sending everyone.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear

Thank you for contacting us with your concerns.
World Education Services (WES) has updated its policy specific to master’s degrees in business administration and postgraduate diplomas awarded in India.
WES recognizes business study in India as equivalent to a master’s degree in Canada a) when the student has completed a three (3) year MBA. or b) when the credential is awarded by certain institutions, such as Indian Institutes of Technology and Indian Institutes of Management.
We reviewed your evaluation report and confirmed that it is correct. Therefore, no changes will be made. We would like to emphasize that WES evaluations are advisory opinions and not binding upon any institution or organization.
Sincerely,
Director of Evaluations
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I guess we have to choose the option - Masters (for MBA) in Level of Education and 1 year program under ECA Qualification.
Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

PRPR

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
Yes they didnt. We emailed them with link to the website mentioning AICTE etc and called helpline to escalate and got reply in one day but it didnt help. This was the reply. It's the standard reply which they are sending everyone.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear

Thank you for contacting us with your concerns.
World Education Services (WES) has updated its policy specific to master’s degrees in business administration and postgraduate diplomas awarded in India.
WES recognizes business study in India as equivalent to a master’s degree in Canada a) when the student has completed a three (3) year MBA. or b) when the credential is awarded by certain institutions, such as Indian Institutes of Technology and Indian Institutes of Management.
We reviewed your evaluation report and confirmed that it is correct. Therefore, no changes will be made. We would like to emphasize that WES evaluations are advisory opinions and not binding upon any institution or organization.
Sincerely,
Director of Evaluations
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I guess we have to choose the option - Masters (for MBA) in Level of Education and 1 year program under ECA Qualification
Can anyone confirm if this is correct?
Though i am not in pool yet as i am awaiting IELTS results , but i think one should choose masters only in ECA qualification as i heard they give points as per Level of education not ECA so let them calculate !

PRPR

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
Yes, it did come out as PG diploma (1 year). Thank you so much for your help! Appreciate it.
Hi , what about this case , lets say a guy is getting 441 with two or more certis and 448 with masters ( orig qualification) and got ITA with 448 when cut off was 442 , my qsn is will his ITA cancel as his score will drop to 441 by case officer ??

PRPR

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
Hi guys -Can anyone solve my query- @ishq74 bro?

what about this case , lets say a guy is getting 441 with two or more certis and 448 with masters ( orig qualification) and got ITA with 448 when cut off was 442 , my qsn is will his ITA cancel as his score will drop to 441 by case officer ??

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi !

Is that correct
@ishq74
Correct