+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES - Attestation of Marksheets from Mumbai University

MadmaxR

Dec 31, 2020
As per my understanding of previous posts on this forum and also info on WES, Transcripts are not needed if you just want to apply for PR.For applying to colleges,Transcripts are needed.

Nayucanada

Jan 2, 2021
I think transcripts are needed and mandatory for wes. Not sure how people are getting WES approvals without transcripts. I think we do need transcripts and marksheets.

My question is:
Can we send it through post , from mumbai university post. Or is online mu.etranscript feasible and can we rely on it. Please help.

kohli13

Jan 4, 2021
I think transcripts are needed and mandatory for wes. Not sure how people are getting WES approvals without transcripts. I think we do need transcripts and marksheets.

My question is:
Can we send it through post , from mumbai university post. Or is online mu.etranscript feasible and can we rely on it. Please help.
As per WES website they accept both:

https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/wes-indian-credential-evaluations/#:~:text=Document Requirements&text=WES accepts both consolidated transcripts,sent by degree-granting institutions.

"Do I need to send transcripts or mark sheets?

WES accepts both consolidated transcripts and yearly mark sheets, provided they are issued and sent by degree-granting institutions."

So I think it was sufficient to send marks sheets as @Jaikisan Vaswani did.

Can you please share the complete timeline of your WES registration and online process to apply for Mumbai University attestation?

Last edited:

kohli13

Jan 4, 2021
For Mumbai university, online attestation did you upload back page of the mark sheets, which list the CGPA details ?
And what is the "Registered email id as per WES registration", is it the WES email-address or the e-mail address used by me to register for WES. The MU online attestation website also says "Personal email address not allowed to enter as purpose email address. If found, the application will be rejected".

Saifil Momin

Oct 20, 2019
So, my brother just applied from the University of Mumbai website, they sent the marksheets and degree in 1 week directly online (noone visited the University). Wes evaluated it in 10 days. Entire process took 15 days. If you are talking about University of Mumbai, I highly suggest going directly through their online service
heyy, thanks for this information. Really informative. I wanted to know if the online process you took was through mu.etranscript website and can i know how much he paid for the process and i mean just for the transcript not for the wes. It would be really helpful to me thanks a lot.

Jan 20, 2021
I need Mumbai university website to submit my transcripts and one more question please, there's a a form from Wes that we need to fill and subimt to the uni(mu.etranscript.in)university for verification

Rukhsar2590

Nov 29, 2020
So, my brother just applied from the University of Mumbai website, they sent the marksheets and degree in 1 week directly online (noone visited the University). Wes evaluated it in 10 days. Entire process took 15 days. If you are talking about University of Mumbai, I highly suggest going directly through their online service
but what about the transcripts they ask you to upload? do we have to get them first then apply through university of mumbai online etranscripts

Rukhsar2590

Nov 29, 2020
Any updates on this? I’m in the same boat. No transcripts ..only marksheets. How did people who successfully got their WES evaluation done go about this situation ? Kindly help
same issue. do we have to first ask college for transcripts and then go to etranscript website of mumbai university?

kohli13

Jan 4, 2021
As per WES website they accept both:

https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/wes-indian-credential-evaluations/#:~:text=Document Requirements&text=WES accepts both consolidated transcripts,sent by degree-granting institutions.

"Do I need to send transcripts or mark sheets?

WES accepts both consolidated transcripts and yearly mark sheets, provided they are issued and sent by degree-granting institutions."

So I think it was sufficient to send marks sheets as @Jaikisan Vaswani did.

Can you please share the complete timeline of your WES registration and online process to apply for Mumbai University attestation?
For Mumbai university, online attestation did you upload back page of the mark sheets, which list the CGPA details ?
And what is the "Registered email id as per WES registration", is it the WES email-address or the e-mail address used by me to register for WES. The MU online attestation website also says "Personal email address not allowed to enter as purpose email address. If found, the application will be rejected".

I went through the Mumbai university eTranscript process recently, posting the information over here for everyone:

1. Yes we need the transcript to be uploaded on the website as per the recent process change by Mumbai University we no longer can upload Marksheets in the website transcript section. So, get the transcripts from college and then start the process on MU eTranscript website.

2. I was not required to pay the MU fees again as I had missed earlier uploading the transcript, they had given me 15 days to get the transcripts from college and allowed me to upload in the same application later.

3. You have to provide a WES reference number and the e-mail address which you used to create the WES account. So first create a WES account before applying for the etranscripts on MU website.

4. The MU team is really helpful and replies to all the queries on the Whatsapp number provided on the website. I'll appreciate MU taking the first step towards digitization. PS: The website can be improved although it is an incremental change.

Last edited:

Rukhsar2590

Nov 29, 2020
I went through the Mumbai university eTranscript process recently, posting the information over here for everyone:

1. Yes we need the transcript to be uploaded on the website as per the recent process change by Mumbai University we no longer can upload Marksheets in the website transcript section. So, get the transcripts from college and then start the process on MU eTranscript website.

2. I was not required to pay the MU fees again as I had missed earlier uploading the transcript, they had given me 15 days to get the transcripts from college and allowed me to upload in the same application later.

3. You have to provide a WES reference number and the e-mail address which you used to create the WES account. So first create a WES account before applying for the etranscripts on MU website.

4. The MU team is really helpful and replies to all the queries on the Whatsapp number provided on the website. I'll appreciate MU taking the first step towards digitization. PS: The website can be improved although it is an incremental change.
i have done mcom from mumbai university. and bcom from college can you guide me what exactly to do

Jan 20, 2021
Can I have MU updated website link please?