+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES - Attestation of Marksheets from Mumbai University

blackrobin81

Aug 8, 2020
Hi All,
Has anyone availed the online transcript service provided by Mumbai University(mu.etranscript.in) for attestation of the engg mark sheets.
While filling up the details, I had uploaded all the 8 semesters mark sheets and in the Upload Transcripts page, I uploaded the Degree Certificate.
Next, there was a section called Bachelor Details which is asking to upload transcripts for all the 4 years.

I do not have the transcripts with me. Can someone guide me if we need to attest only the mark sheets and the degree certificate or both mark sheets and the transcripts for ECA to be sent to WES

I tried contacting my college - Datta Meghe College of Engineering
However, it is closed due to lockdown.

Please help me in this regard.

Regards
V

Reactions: Rukhsar2590

bluemotion

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Hi V,

I will only comment on what needs to be sent to WES. WES does not want your marksheets. You dont have to attest anything and send either. your university will give you a sealed envelope which will have the transcripts inside it. If you choose to get your degree certificate verified too then they will put your degree certificate inside the envelope too.

however, your college will have to okay the marksheets and degree certificate. these verified marksheets you will have to take to the university And then you will get your sealed envelope which needs to be dispatched to wes

hope this helped

blackrobin81

Aug 8, 2020
I do not have the transcripts issued by the college. I contacted Mumbai University and they said University does not issue transcripts, the college does.
Currently due to Corona Virus the college is shut. There is an email ID on the college website but i don't have hopes of them issuing me a transcript.

Can we use thrid party services like MailTranscripts or FactsTranscripts to mail the transcripts to WES ?

Reactions: roseplace

bluemotion

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Ok let me simplify it.

Step 1 - Go to your college, submit your application requesting for the transcripts. they will make an envelope confirming your marks etc.
Step 2 - take that college envelope to your university, they will see if okay'd by the college and then give you the final envelope or mail it to WES on your behalf

since your college isn't open, i doubt you will be able to obtain trancripts via mail as its a procedure involving documentation and fees payments, only symbiosis so far as been completely paperless in my experience.

thirdparty services only come into the picture when you have the transcripts with you. but WES does not entertain these agencies. WES only deals with the awarding universities and no one else.

blackrobin81

Aug 8, 2020
Problem is I am in Hyderabad and my college is in Mumbai. Moreover because of this pandemic it is shut. I tried calling the College Landline nos but nobody responded.
I don't know if there is any other way by means of which I can get the transcripts.

Cevapi

Aug 20, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2018
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
29-09-2018
Hi All,
Has anyone availed the online transcript service provided by Mumbai University(mu.etranscript.in) for attestation of the engg mark sheets.
While filling up the details, I had uploaded all the 8 semesters mark sheets and in the Upload Transcripts page, I uploaded the Degree Certificate.
Next, there was a section called Bachelor Details which is asking to upload transcripts for all the 4 years.

I do not have the transcripts with me. Can someone guide me if we need to attest only the mark sheets and the degree certificate or both mark sheets and the transcripts for ECA to be sent to WES

I tried contacting my college - Datta Meghe College of Engineering
However, it is closed due to lockdown.

Please help me in this regard.

Regards
V
So, my brother just applied from the University of Mumbai website, they sent the marksheets and degree in 1 week directly online (noone visited the University). Wes evaluated it in 10 days. Entire process took 15 days. If you are talking about University of Mumbai, I highly suggest going directly through their online service

blackrobin81

Aug 8, 2020
So, my brother just applied from the University of Mumbai website, they sent the marksheets and degree in 1 week directly online (noone visited the University). Wes evaluated it in 10 days. Entire process took 15 days. If you are talking about University of Mumbai, I highly suggest going directly through their online service
Hi
Did he also upload the transcripts along with the marksheets in the MU Portal ? MU Portal mandates that we upload the transcripts as well along with the marksheets. My problem is that i do not have the transcripts with me and my college is closed due to Corona Virus pandemic.

RaulSeq

Sep 1, 2020
I created my profile too on the etranscripts portal for Mumbai University. It asked to upload mark-sheets as well as transcripts. So did your bro apply for separate transcripts from college? Or is it just sufficient to upload mark sheets and degree certificate? I'm not in Mumbai currently and hence I cant go to my college to get transcripts. Since everything worked fine for your bro wanted to know about the transcripts especially. Thanks in advance!

Rats

Sep 10, 2020
Hi
Did he also upload the transcripts along with the marksheets in the MU Portal ? MU Portal mandates that we upload the transcripts as well along with the marksheets. My problem is that i do not have the transcripts with me and my college is closed due to Corona Virus pandemic.
Hi Blackrobin. Did they asses your application even without the transcripts? I am not able to get transcripts from college either because of the covid situation..

blackrobin81

Aug 8, 2020
Hi Blackrobin. Did they asses your application even without the transcripts? I am not able to get transcripts from college either because of the covid situation..
No.. I am still yet to get the transcripts from the college and the college is closed . I read somewhere that WES also accepts attested marksheets from the university if we dont have the transcripts but I am not sure.

Aaisha09

Apr 27, 2017
Any updates on this? I’m in the same boat. No transcripts ..only marksheets. How did people who successfully got their WES evaluation done go about this situation ? Kindly help

canadahelpme

Jan 30, 2019
I am also in similar situation with my Bachelor Degree from Sathaye College. Not able to reach college on call amd not based in Mumbai to go and check personally. any inputs on how to go forward appreciated

bekind01

Oct 6, 2020
Hello,

I am not in Canada but I have requested attested copies from Mumbai University today. I wanted to post this asap since the message that began this thread is a few months old. I am sincerely hoping it goes on smoothly and soon.

As for transcripts, I graduated some time ago and have transcripts from previous visit to college. For people who do not have transcripts, could you guys somehow contact someone that you know in college - ask the people/dept that was in charge of exams and marksheets or some professors or friends who know current students or even a librarian. try and get in touch with people. everyone understands the current situation, maybe someone will provide you with a contact of someone who can actually help. ''important documents chahiye" should get you somewhere.

maybe the college landlines would not work but people might, they may be able to get you in touch with the reqd dept. You would need transcripts for your WES evaluation. So find people and talk about your requirements. and hopefully you will get things done in time. convince them to generate e-copies so that they don't even have to send you a physical packet. all you need to upload for the e-transcript @ mum university website is a jpg image of individual transcripts. (pdf <-> conversion is also possible in case you receive PDFs)

Good luck!

Nov 6, 2020
I applied on the MU website with only my mark sheets and final certificates as the college is closed. Hoping MU considers the same and complete the verification at the earliest.