+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES - Assessment Status: On Hold (Documents from IP University)

Jan 18, 2019
Hi ,
I have asked for transcript from ipu.As i have not taken my wes ref no yet , now i have to follow the new rule to send the doc from univerity only. I am new to this . Please guide me what to tell to the person from where i would collect it . With the transcript we have to send our degree copy also ,so i have to put both the doc in one envelop and get it stamp by university to send them from university only ?Please guide me what to do when going to the university.

Thanks in advance

Jan 18, 2019
I contacted the IPU on 01125302267, they told me that we can send the sealed envelope to WES on their behalf via post office inside university premises. We dont have to make any changes to the envelope but only add TO address on it. All students are doing that it seems as per him.

Can anyone tell me how WES find the email id of IPU (result2.exam@ipu.ac.in for BTech) on which to contact, or do we have to mention the email id of university ourself on the envelope?
I contacted the IPU on 01125302267, they told me that we can send the sealed envelope to WES on their behalf via post office inside university premises. We dont have to make any changes to the envelope but only add TO address on it. All students are doing that it seems as per him.

Can anyone tell me how WES find the email id of IPU (result2.exam@ipu.ac.in for BTech) on which to contact, or do we have to mention the email id of university ourself on the envelope?
But how can we add our degree certificate with that envelope. Wes has asked both the documents from university ?

irohitsinghal

Jan 14, 2019
But how can we add our degree certificate with that envelope. Wes has asked both the documents from university ?
WES expect 2 separate couriers, one carrying official transcripts directly sent from the university & the other one sent by you carrying degree. If you put the degree along with the transcripts, they will know that you actually mailed them & not the University. You are not supposed to put your details on the envelope carrying transcripts, but send it on university's behalf. Contact the university help desk on more about this.

Hope this helps! Please keep us posted on the progress.

Jan 18, 2019
WES expect 2 separate couriers, one carrying official transcripts directly sent from the university & the other one sent by you carrying degree. If you put the degree along with the transcripts, they will know that you actually mailed them & not the University. You are not supposed to put your details on the envelope carrying transcripts, but send it on university's behalf. Contact the university help desk on more about this.

Hope this helps! Please keep us posted on the progress.
Yes this definitely helped. Do the degree photocopy require any attest from college/university?

rahull65

Jul 22, 2019
Hi @Rangrez

Yes. IP university did reply to the secondary verification. (Surprisingly, they have a well defined process for that! :D)

To answer your question - If so, how long did it take?
I submitted by application on 3rd Sep.
My documents were received by WES around 26th Sep.
My status was put ON HOLD on 15th Oct for secondary verification.
University replied to the WES on 30th Oct.
I got a response from WES on 9th Nov confirming that they have received the documents from my university on 3rd Nov. Also, WES status changed on 9th Nov to reflect the same.
Evaluation completed on 27th Nov.

So overall, my process took almost 3 months from the time of submitting the application including time taken for secondary verification also.
Hi... Can u please tell me the process... Is there any online facility for this?? As is punjab technical university you didn't need to go campus everything is done by online?? Please tell me the whole process of ipu??

Meet Singh 09

Nov 27, 2018
Hi... Can u please tell me the process... Is there any online facility for this?? As is punjab technical university you didn't need to go campus everything is done by online?? Please tell me the whole process of ipu??
Hey,
It is not mandatory to go to the campus and get it done.
Use this No - 011-25302267 - Examination Center, They will help you out if not than to expedite the process you can go to campus

rahull65

Jul 22, 2019
Hey,
Use this No - 011-25302267 - Examination Center, They will help you out if not than to expedite the process you can go to campus
I already called him, but they said you need to come to campus. Thanku you!!

KritikaP1689

Oct 18, 2018
Yes, Punjab university has an online option. Unfortunately, there is no such option in IP university. You can either call their examination center number (011-25302267) or directly go to the university campus. It's been a while since I applied and I heard the process for transcript submission changed as well, however, you can talk to them and they will guide you on how to get the transcripts and send to WES. The guy at the counter was quite helpful. For payment, you will also need to get a chalaan from the bank within the university campus. The amount will vary depending on the number of transcript copies you want plus how long back you graduated. (Tip 1: take cash with you, they don't accept credit cards at the bank).

Tip 2: Take blank paper and pen with you, they might ask you to write an application.

Tip 3: Additional tip in case you are planning to personally visit the campus: try reaching early before the counter window opens, it will save you considerable time!

rahull65

Jul 22, 2019
Yes, Punjab university has an online option. Unfortunately, there is no such option in IP university. You can either call their examination center number (011-25302267) or directly go to the university campus. It's been a while since I applied and I heard the process for transcript submission changed as well, however, you can talk to them and they will guide you on how to get the transcripts and send to WES. The guy at the counter was quite helpful. For payment, you will also need to get a chalaan from the bank within the university campus. The amount will vary depending on the number of transcript copies you want plus how long back you graduated. (Tip 1: take cash with you, they don't accept credit cards at the bank).

Tip 2: Take blank paper and pen with you, they might ask you to write an application.

Tip 3: Additional tip in case you are planning to personally visit the campus: try reaching early before the counter window opens, it will save you considerable time!
What about the cash.. I mean we need only one set of document.. Right?? Transcript degree and marksheet that's all na??

Aug 12, 2019
Hi @Rangrez

Yes. IP university did reply to the secondary verification. (Surprisingly, they have a well defined process for that! :D)

To answer your question - If so, how long did it take?
I submitted by application on 3rd Sep.
My documents were received by WES around 26th Sep.
My status was put ON HOLD on 15th Oct for secondary verification.
University replied to the WES on 30th Oct.
I got a response from WES on 9th Nov confirming that they have received the documents from my university on 3rd Nov. Also, WES status changed on 9th Nov to reflect the same.
Evaluation completed on 27th Nov.

So overall, my process took almost 3 months from the time of submitting the application including time taken for secondary verification also.
HI Kritika,

Indeed very helpful.

Actually my WES case is also struck ON HOLD status and have recieved email from WES that they have send email/postal email to university. Now I just want to know if is there any cost involved by IPU for doing second verification? as DU is charging around $100 for the same process?

hsabvicam

Jan 10, 2020
Hey,

I tried calling them up but no one is picking up the call, I am trying for around 6-7 days but no response.

Govind Batra

May 27, 2022
Hello People,

Need help/suggestions.

I recently sent my documents for ECA assessment to WES. The documents were received by WES in last week of September. On 15th Oct, the status was updated to "On hold: We are waiting for your institution(s) to verify your documents." - which as per my understanding means WES conducts a secondary verification of documents due to some reasons where they send photocopies of our documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to the university.

Now, my educational documents (bachelors and masters) are from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprstha University, Delhi and I am not sure who would have received the communication at the university and when and if at all they would be replying back to WES.
I am apprehensive and speaking this from experience because it was a very tedious task to even get the transcripts from the university.

Has anybody faced the same issue? Please help!
I have a query. Can you please help? I have done my BBA from Kamal Institute affiliated from IP University and I have to apply as PR Canada. In WES from what should I fill in institute name. My institute's name or GGSIPU?