+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Weird IRCC webform response

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Friday, I sent something via the web form. I received the canned reply that it will take up to 10 business days to respond and, among other things, that multiple requests for the same thing will not speed up the process. No problem.

Today I received an email from them stating the following: (bolding mine)
--------------------------------------
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

IRCC is always striving to improve our customer service. Rest assured that our priority is to answer your needs.

If your enquiry has yet to be answered via other channels such as our phone agents, paid representatives, community centres, etc., please write back to us using the IRCC Web form.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
We thank you for your understanding and patience as we seek to provide existing and future Canadians with the best client service

So in the first bold paragraph, it's saying that if I haven't already received any response, to write them back using the web form. In the second bold paragraph, it's thanking me for being understanding and patience, a sentence I would normally take to mean "we are still working on it".

As this is only the second working day, I'm reluctant to submit another web form. I was thinking to give it another week and then submit with reference to the email. Any thoughts?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Friday, I sent something via the web form. I received the canned reply that it will take up to 10 business days to respond and, among other things, that multiple requests for the same thing will not speed up the process. No problem.

Today I received an email from them stating the following: (bolding mine)
Good day,

IRCC is always striving to improve our customer service. Rest assured that our priority is to answer your needs.

If your enquiry has yet to be answered via other channels such as our phone agents, paid representatives, community centres, etc., please write back to us using the IRCC Web form.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
We thank you for your understanding and patience as we seek to provide existing and future Canadians with the best client service

So in the first bold paragraph, it's saying that if I haven't already received any response, to write them back using the web form. In the second bold paragraph, it's thanking me for being understanding and patience, a sentence I would normally take to mean "we are still working on it".

As this is only the second working day, I'm reluctant to submit another web form. I was thinking to give it another week and then submit with reference to the email. Any thoughts?
What did you ask for/provide in the webform?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
That is a canned response. I got the same email a few days after I sent in my ATIP request last month.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I asked a question regarding my son's application. No changes to the application.
Possibly someone at IRCC just sorted your message into the wrong folder and then you got that reply. I would simply send the same request again, starting with a note that you only received a canned response. If that second try also doesn't work, then I would start to try other channels.

elisha79

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Hello, I got the same email too, after sending corrections on my application thru webform..do I need to send same request just to be on the safe side???this make me worried, maybe they didn’t received my correction☹

Good day,

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hello, I got the same email too, after sending corrections on my application thru webform..do I need to send same request just to be on the safe side???this make me worried, maybe they didn’t received my correction☹

Good day,

Given Easter weekend, I figure the 10th business day for my initial inquiry will be maybe the coming Tuesday, so I'm waiting until then to actually send another submission. It's a weird canned response, though, like they already know that the inquiry won't be answered in the 10-day window!

Newbie here

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Given Easter weekend, I figure the 10th business day for my initial inquiry will be maybe the coming Tuesday, so I'm waiting until then to actually send another submission. It's a weird canned response, though, like they already know that the inquiry won't be answered in the 10-day window!
Hello..

I had a daughter in usa a month ago and trying to add her to my current PR application. I sent a Webform on July 24th with a Pdf consisting my baby's passport and birth certificate (but did not choose any particular visa office though) and got the generic message below..

How quick did you hear from them ? and in what mode ? Did i do it right ? Appreciate your help!!

Note:

· We will not respond if you have not completed all the mandatory fields on the form,

· Submitting the same request multiple times will not expedite the processing of your enquiry,

· We can only communicate with you in one of our two official languages: English or French,

· For non-case specific enquiries, visit the online Help Centre<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/index-featured-int.asp> on our website<http://www.cic.gc.ca/>. You can search by typing keywords.

If you are contacting us about:

· Your Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) application:

o we will respond to you as soon as we can,

o most applications are approved within minutes,

o check the junk mail folder of the email address you provided on your eTA application form. Some spam filters may block automated emails from IRCC.

For all other enquiries:

- The turnaround time for a response is 10 business days, and you may expect an answer if:

o you have submitted an application and your application has exceeded normal processing times<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp>,
o you wish to report important changes or an urgent request,
o you wish to change or add a representative, or
o you wish to report a technical issue with IRCC online services.
Please do not reply to this email.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca<https://owa.ci.gc.ca/owa/redir.aspx?C=99cad314d6d3473db67780325bfa62b1&URL=http://www.cic.gc.ca/>

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
Hello..

I had a daughter in usa a month ago and trying to add her to my current PR application. I sent a Webform on July 24th with a Pdf consisting my baby's passport and birth certificate (but did not choose any particular visa office though) and got the generic message below..

How quick did you hear from them ? and in what mode ? Did i do it right ? Appreciate your help!!

Note:

· We will not respond if you have not completed all the mandatory fields on the form,

· Submitting the same request multiple times will not expedite the processing of your enquiry,

· We can only communicate with you in one of our two official languages: English or French,

· For non-case specific enquiries, visit the online Help Centre<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/index-featured-int.asp> on our website<http://www.cic.gc.ca/>. You can search by typing keywords.

If you are contacting us about:

· Your Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) application:

o we will respond to you as soon as we can,

o most applications are approved within minutes,

o check the junk mail folder of the email address you provided on your eTA application form. Some spam filters may block automated emails from IRCC.

For all other enquiries:

- The turnaround time for a response is 10 business days, and you may expect an answer if:

o you have submitted an application and your application has exceeded normal processing times<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp>,
o you wish to report important changes or an urgent request,
o you wish to change or add a representative, or
o you wish to report a technical issue with IRCC online services.
Please do not reply to this email.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca<https://owa.ci.gc.ca/owa/redir.aspx?C=99cad314d6d3473db67780325bfa62b1&URL=http://www.cic.gc.ca/>
I have no insight regarding your predicament, just wanted to point out this is a thread in the forum for Citizenship applications, so it may be that PR applicants/people in similar situations will not see your question :) You may want to create a thread in the specific PR section that you are applying under.

Cheers,

Reactions: Newbie here

rbrio

Feb 1, 2019

Good day,

hi there! Just wanna know what happened to your application when you use the IRCC webform? Is it good tool to update and send documents? Did they update?
pls reply . tnx

zehralalani

Feb 13, 2019
I wanna know till when do they reply back to the web form inquiry .. as i have sent the inquiry 3 days ago, but havent received any response as yet .. not even default reply . So worried.

SHSajib

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
What did you ask for/provide in the webform?
Hi

I have sent a web from in Singapore visa office. The webpage was showing that they have sent my query to the visa office but I didn't receive any confirmation email. Just to be make sure I sent the web form again after few hours and the outcome is same.

Do you have any suggestion on this ground?

Thanks

Last edited:

Harigalent

Mar 28, 2019
My tourist visa is super delayed. Filed online on Feb 24th, completed fingerprinting on 26th, WAITING ON PASSPORT REQUEST. MORE THAN 33 days.
Multiple web portal inquiry sent. No response.
Is there any other way? Do I need to be worried? Hari

zehralalani

Feb 13, 2019
My tourist visa is super delayed. Filed online on Feb 24th, completed fingerprinting on 26th, WAITING ON PASSPORT REQUEST. MORE THAN 33 days.
Multiple web portal inquiry sent. No response.
Is there any other way? Do I need to be worried? Hari
Same here .. i applied online on 26 dec .. no update yet . Dont know what to do