+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Webform reply: The background verifications

zzzttww

Dec 28, 2019
Hi,
I noticed an ghost update on my account for my EE application on Apr 14, 2020. I got to know i have my eligibility met in Jan,2020, so I guess it is a move for Eligibility to get passed this time. But later I sent a web form to check it. Today I got a reply back from IRCC, and the agent only mentioned "The background verifications are currently valid." No mention of Eligibility, Security or anything else, even though I specifically asked about Eligibility and Security in my inquiry. Could anyone please help to let me understand what the agent really meant for this Background Verifications?
I copied the reply of IRCC as follows:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
Although the processing times may vary, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to finalize your application.
Please consult our website for more information on what to expect after you apply and how you can verify the status of your application in your account.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

P.S. I have AOR on Nov 29, 2019 in CEC stream.

Thank you for the help!

worlmich

Mar 20, 2018
Hi,
I noticed an ghost update on my account for my EE application on Apr 14, 2020. I got to know i have my eligibility met in Jan,2020, so I guess it is a move for Eligibility to get passed this time. But later I sent a web form to check it. Today I got a reply back from IRCC, and the agent only mentioned "The background verifications are currently valid." No mention of Eligibility, Security or anything else, even though I specifically asked about Eligibility and Security in my inquiry. Could anyone please help to let me understand what the agent really meant for this Background Verifications?
I copied the reply of IRCC as follows:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
Although the processing times may vary, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to finalize your application.
Please consult our website for more information on what to expect after you apply and how you can verify the status of your application in your account.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

P.S. I have AOR on Nov 29, 2019 in CEC stream.

Thank you for the help!
Hi, any further feedback from IRCC? I'm curious to know how your application has progressed as I got the exact reply as you did. In my case, I don't know the status of my eligibility check and that was what my enquiry was for.

zzzttww

Dec 28, 2019
Hi, any further feedback from IRCC? I'm curious to know how your application has progressed as I got the exact reply as you did. In my case, I don't know the status of my eligibility check and that was what my enquiry was for.
Hi, I called them last week and agent told me it is approved. Still waiting for an instruction email coming.

Reactions: Amatsukami