+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We won our ADR!!!!!

mingus

Star Member
Aug 30, 2008
Yaaahhhhoooo we won our ADR this afternoon. Thank you everyone for your help and prayers. Once I come down from cloud nine and my brain is working again, I will post more details.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
congratulations! looking forward to more details! :)

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Congrats! :)

I sure hope I don't have to go there myself... :(

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Waouuuuuuuuuuuuu Mingus, big congrats, realy happy for you...after all this time...good for you, best of luck ....

Juche

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2009
AOR Received.
17-11-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2010
whatever an ADR is, congratulations, it must be good news!

mingus

Star Member
Aug 30, 2008
ADR - Alternate Dispute Resolution. If your spouse has been turned down for their PR ( outland) you can request an ADR instead of going to a full hearing and if immigration things the matter can be resloved without a full court hearing you will be granted one.

OK Guys as promised here is how the interview played out. Please forgive me, but I really can not remember all the questions.

Met the 2 ladies who did my interview. I really can't remember their names, it was all a blur.
Was told the whole song and dance about I was granted this meeting as an alternate to going to full hearing and that if it was not successful, that in would in no way impact my rights to a full hearing. That nothing said in this hearing would be formally recorded or used in future hearings. Also, that after we talk, I would be asked to leave the room while they discussed my answers and make a decision. I would then be asked to come back in and they would give me their decision.

I was asked, not necessarlly in this order:
- how we met, who else did my husband talk with online, what kind of site was it. ( I think they were trying to ask if it was a dating site, but never came out and said that)
-How did our relationship develope from being friends to more. When did I first start having feelings for him, when did he say he had them for me,who said I love you first, when did we start talking marriage, who asked who to marry,
-why did my previous marriage end, has my husband ever been married before, why did I think he had never married before,what does his family think about the fact that I was divorced,
-What religion is he, what religion am I, what does his family think about him marrying a non Muslim, what does my family thing about me marrying a Muslim. Do you plan on having children,how many,what religion will they be raised with.
-why did you decide to marry fo fast after your 1st meeting.Why didn't you plan your wedding for a later time.
- How many brothers and sisters does he have, how many in my family.Have I met all his family.
-what does his family think of him coming to Canada.
-Why choose to come to Canada
-what are our plans for the future in Canada
-what will we do if he is denided his visa to Canada.
-How do you know you love him/he loves you. Could he be just trying to get into Canada/using me.

I know it looks like a lot, and I know there were some other questions I can't remember, but it only took about 1/2 hour. They asked me if I had any questions and if I would mind stepping out for a few minutes. It only took them 10 minutes at the most ( it felts like hours to me) and they asked me to come back in. I sat down and the minister's council said she had no doubt that if this went to court that we would win so she was overturning the IO decision and granting us the appeal. They then typed the letter right there in front of me, printed a copy, asked me to read it and sign it. Whole process from start to finish was about 45 minutes - including a little chat about shopping and the West Edmonton mall.

If I think of anthing else I will add. I hope this helps many of you. I'm not done yet by a long shot so I'll be around if anyone has any questions.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
Mingus,

Not only to I offer my congratulations, I must say this gives me hope! I'm filing an appeal and, quite frankly, I'm scared witless and my partner is an American, so if you can do it, I sure hope I don't fall apart.

Did you get the case notes from the Immigration on why they rejected the first time? Did you bring more documentation to the meeting to support their questions?

I'm so happy for you and I appreciate you charing this valuable information.

nola

Star Member
Jul 21, 2009
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations ...That is good news...
Thanks God , I prayed for you to bless you :)

I am happy for you...always nice people deserves the best..
take care and hope to hear ALWAYS the good news ,and from every body ...

Mubaark ..
Salam...

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Congratulations Mingus I'm so so happy for you. You deserve it. Hope you reunited with your love one very very soon and wish you all the happiness in the world.

mingus

Star Member
Aug 30, 2008
Did you get the case notes from the Immigration on why they rejected the first time? Did you bring more documentation to the meeting to support their questions?
1st thing we did after my husband's refusal was request our CAIPS notes. In them you can see everything that has happened with you case so far.

After the accept your appeal, they will send you a copy of your complete file. It is soppose to come to you within 120 days but usually it takes a couple extra - mine was about 140 days.

You then have to compile your new evidence. What evidence you gather would depend on your reason for the refusal. My husband was refused because they believed it was a MOC.

You will have to submit this evidence 20 days before your hearing if you got an ARD and bring a copy of what you submitted with you to the hearing.

Hope this helps and good luck.