Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 17 2010
LANDED..........
March 2011 !!! :):)
I can't believe it went so fast!! Ok questions,questions. Photos- I'm assuming passport type is what they want along with height and eye color written on seperate piece of paper by us?
Does he get his passport back or just the Perm Resident card?
How long does it usually take to receive perm resident card?
He lands after he gets his card?and how long do they give you to land?
TIA

djboinsk

Star Member
May 25, 2010
A Little Town In Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 26 2010-Sent Out
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 17 2010
LANDED..........

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
Congratulations on receiving your PPR. I saw your thread when you first posted, but since I don't have personal experience with this yet (in process right now), I was hoping someone else with better knowledge would help you out first.

From what I have read of others' experiences:

djboinsk said:
Photos- I'm assuming passport type is what they want along with height and eye color written on seperate piece of paper by us?
You'll probably want someone else to answer this, but it is my understanding that the photos would be Canadian immigration size (same size as the ones you first sent with your application), NOT passport size. I assume it should be fine to write on a separate sheet of paper what your husband's eye color and height are.

djboinsk said:
Does he get his passport back or just the Perm Resident card?
He will get his passport back, with the PR visa stamped/stuck in it. He will also receive his "Confirmation of Permanent Residence" (COPR). He will need both, together, to land as a permanent resident at either a Canadian port of entry at the border, OR (if he has valid temporary status inside Canada) at a local CIC office by appointment.

djboinsk said:
How long does it usually take to receive perm resident card?
He won't receive his permanent resident card with his passport when they return it to him, nor when he first lands. Everything I have read from others' experiences about this is that, when they landed, they were told they would receive their PR card by mail within 30 business days. It is mailed to the Canadian address you give them when you land.

djboinsk said:
He lands after he gets his card?
As I mentioned above, he "lands" once he has his passport with PR visa and COPR in hand, and goes to either a port of entry or schedules an appointment for landing at a local CIC office. As soon as he does this, he is a permanent resident; he doesn't have to wait for his PR card to be considered as such. In fact, the very same day that he lands, he can go straight to a Service Canada office to get his SIN, for example.

djboinsk said:
and how long do they give you to land?
He has to land before the PR visa in his passport expires. The expiry date will be either the expiry date of his passport, OR exactly 1 year from when he did his medical--whichever is sooner.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Congrats, it's great when that email finally comes isn't it?!?!
There should be an attachment to the email that gives the specifics for photo size etc and the form to complete with eye colour etc.
They will return the passport with the visa inside. We have 12 months from the date of the medical to land, but that will be confirmed on the visa. We are Outland London and it only took 1 week to get it back but I don't know about your office.
The PR card will be sent after landing.

djboinsk

Star Member
May 25, 2010
A Little Town In Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 26 2010-Sent Out
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 17 2010
LANDED..........
THank you so much to those that replied. So we send in the photos and passport along with height/eye color and they will send us something back with more instructions?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They will return the passport with the permanent resident visa (not the same thing as the card) and the CORP (confirmation of permanent residence). Once you have the passport back, you can then land by entering Canada through a border.

And no - the photos are not passport photo size. They must be immigration photo size.

The PR card will arrive about 4-5 weeks after you land (assuming there are no problems with the photos provided).