+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We have sent you a message about your application

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
Hey guys if someone could please guide me through this..

I am the principal applicant and have already received an AOR. last update I had was sponsor eligibility in progress.

Today I received a message saying ‘we have sent you a message About your application’. Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary.

Now, I haven’t received any email update as of yet(which is my mode of communication with ircc). I have also Not been able to gclink the application to my or my partners Gckey. I have managed to activate the pr tracker( where I have gotten this message)

so my question is:

will this information be communicated to me via email(as listed as my communication of choice) or will it be going to the Gckey account(which we have tried a few dozen times with so many different combinations to link but it doesn’t work). The sponsor has a UCI but I haven’t gotten a uci yet.

any suggestions as to how I can figure this out will be great.

Thanks a lot for any help/advice and wish everyone a great day!

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020

I am the principal applicant and have already received an AOR. last update I had was sponsor eligibility in progress.

Today I received a message saying ‘we have sent you a message About your application’. Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary.

Now, I haven’t received any email update as of yet(which is my mode of communication with ircc). I have also Not been able to gclink the application to my or my partners Gckey. I have managed to activate the pr tracker( where I have gotten this message)

so my question is:

will this information be communicated to me via email(as listed as my communication of choice) or will it be going to the Gckey account(which we have tried a few dozen times with so many different combinations to link but it doesn’t work). The sponsor has a UCI but I haven’t gotten a uci yet.

I am not sure I can really help. Will you settle for some commiseration?:confused:

I can relate personal experience. In know getting set up with GCKey can be a trial, but persist. You may find mail going there. In our case, I am sponsoring my wife. In respect of that sponsorship/PR application, all correspondence has been by email. No mail shows on GCKey and, like you, tracker will tell you a message has been sent, but it won't tell you where it was sent or if, indeed it has gone out yet.

However, I am also representative for another sponsorship/PR application. In that case, it has been a mixture. Some email has come to me, but some messages to the PA have shown up on her GCKey only.

So, in the end, all I can offer is get onto GCKey somehow, because if messages are not going to email, as expected, then most likely they will be found on GCKey. I hope others here will have something more helpful to post.

Reactions: Sonikell

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
Thanks for your message and support. I FINALLY managed to link the app to my partners GCKEY. However, there was no message there waiting for us.

Go figure?!

I guess I’ll keep checking emails frantically hoping for something that’s not too negative in the meantime.

Reactions: Kaibigan

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Thanks for your message and support. I FINALLY managed to link the app to my partners GCKEY. However, there was no message there waiting for us.

Go figure?!

I guess I’ll keep checking emails frantically hoping for something that’s not too negative in the meantime.
That is a bit of a mystery. Go figure indeed.

I notice you said you got a message today. I am not sure, since I live alone and work every day, so all days are the same, but I think today might be a holiday in Canada. If so, could that have something to do with it? But, if you got a message today, then not sure why email or message to GCKey would not also get to you today.

Yes, keep checking. But, I understand the anxiety of knowing there is a message waiting somewhere, but you have no clue as to what it might be and when you'll be able to read it.

oliverwhq

Feb 22, 2023
Canada

so my question is:

From my experience, my sponsor also received the same update in the tracker, but we called the IRCC, and were told that they didnt send anything.
So for us, this just meant they were processing my app. No really message was sent to neithor applicant or sponsor.

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
That is a bit of a mystery. Go figure indeed.

I notice you said you got a message today. I am not sure, since I live alone and work every day, so all days are the same, but I think today might be a holiday in Canada. If so, could that have something to do with it? But, if you got a message today, then not sure why email or message to GCKey would not also get to you today.

Yes, keep checking. But, I understand the anxiety of knowing there is a message waiting somewhere, but you have no clue as to what it might be and when you'll be able to read it.
Hahah..u work everyday?! working for that FIRE number I guess

You are right, it’s a bank holiday. Probably long weekend for Canada Day. The tracker updated today, i.e jul 3, but the message is dated as jun 30..

LOL why does Facebook work better than the IRCC portal.

I managed to find a thread related to this, someone faced a similar issue on this thread not too long ago.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/we-sent-you-a-message-but-cant-find-it.790054/

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

so my question is:

There is often a delay before you receive the message. Most don’t look at their PR tracker daily for example so had you not looked you wouldn’t have known there was a message until you received it in your email. Also sounds like it is probably normal processing where there is usually no action to be taken.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Hahah..u work everyday?! working for that FIRE number I guess

You are right, it’s a bank holiday. Probably long weekend for Canada Day. The tracker updated today, i.e jul 3, but the message is dated as jun 30..

LOL why does Facebook work better than the IRCC portal.

I managed to find a thread related to this, someone faced a similar issue on this thread not too long ago.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/we-sent-you-a-message-but-cant-find-it.790054/
Yeah, sad, but true. I work every day. I set out more here, but I have edited it out, since kinda' off topic. But my work probably does not resemble that of anyone else on this forum. I'll elaborate in a pm if you are curious about the deletion.

Good that you found that thread. Shows the problem you have brought up is not yours alone.

Last edited:

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023

so my question is:

Tell me when did you applied for pr and when you received aor then i would be able to tell

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
Usually, if they need a document, they'll send it to the PA's GCKey account. And they usually put a deadline for the document to be sent to them, and if the deadline passes without them receiving the document, they'll return the application.
You might have been having issues linking your application if you haven't received your own application number and UCI.

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Have you figured out that message? I got one 10 days ago and didn't received anything in my emails either so far...
I was wondering if it's just a bug or something?