+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
National Identity document. Proof of citizenship/immigration status in current country of residence.
Wow, that is a very important document to have left out in the application from the onset, don't you think?

What status is showing in your CIC account under eligibility? Also when do your status(es) change? if they asked you for ID document, perhaps they have only done initial completeness checks on your application, seeing as ID document is relevant for first step. Just my thought.

diamondspark

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
They already had that document (my passport) from initial application. In December I moved back to my home country and updated my address through webform and attached the passport again. I'm surprised they wanted the same document again as additional document.
My medical was passed on Jan 7th. Eligibility and Background are under progress. I called IRCC and they told me my criminality has passed. Is criminality same as background?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
They already had that document (my passport) from initial application. In December I moved back to my home country and updated my address through webform and attached the passport again. I'm surprised they wanted the same document again as additional document.
My medical was passed on Jan 7th. Eligibility and Background are under progress. I called IRCC and they told me my criminality has passed. Is criminality same as background?
From what I read on the IRCC site, BG check includes 2 steps: Criminality and Security. Don't ask me what they entail cos I don't know :D .

Mar 31, 2021
Application submitted on Nov 27, 2020. Biometrics - Dec 29. Medicals - Feb 8, 21.
Mar 9 - Received request for additional documents. Uploaded on same day.
Eligibility : "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." on Mar 9

Mar 16th received update that the document has been received and the status on account says
"We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. "

The additional documents request and upload - will it delay my application processing? Does anyone have an idea on this?
Yes hopefully you would get the reply soon

Mar 31, 2021
Congratulations you will soon hear a good news from them because I received request too and uploaded additional documents but didn't get any response and status is same documents are uploaded otherwise when it gets change to review, people get decision quickly.keep me in prayers too,a desperate and frustrated July applicant.
Did you get any reply?

denisdiaf

Nov 28, 2020
Application submitted on Nov 27, 2020. Biometrics - Dec 29. Medicals - Feb 8, 21.
Mar 9 - Received request for additional documents. Uploaded on same day.
Eligibility : "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." on Mar 9

Mar 16th received update that the document has been received and the status on account says
"We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. "

The additional documents request and upload - will it delay my application processing? Does anyone have an idea on this?
I ve been requested ADR on MARCH 5th but ever since is "March 8, 2021 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided"

Jane788

Jun 4, 2021
I too got a request letter to submit a letter of acceptance from my school... and they also stated “please be advised that your application has received a positive eligibility decision “.. ... please what does this mean?

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
I too got a request letter to submit a letter of acceptance from my school... and they also stated “please be advised that your application has received a positive eligibility decision “.. ... please what does this mean?
most likely u will get approved. it means u passed eligibility ,they just wanted updated LOA