+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We are processing your background check

AR Pillay

Feb 5, 2019
Hi you from where?

My status was exactly like yours. Background check was "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." for like two weeks, then back to "Your application is in progress" , then on Saturday it went back to "We are processing your background check.", then yesterday , i.e today at night, I got the PPR email!
That's wonderful
Hi you from where?

My status was exactly like yours. Background check was "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." for like two weeks, then back to "Your application is in progress" , then on Saturday it went back to "We are processing your background check.", then yesterday , i.e today at night, I got the PPR email!

Wow congratulations!!!
I'm from India.
Do you think I might get my PPR soon?

quicksand

Jan 22, 2019
Mauritius
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
That's wonderful

Wow congratulations!!!
I'm from India.
Do you think I might get my PPR soon?
Hi, thanks.
Its hard to tell whether you will get yours soon...it all depends on what documents you uploaded and whether the case officer was satisfied. For my part, I put in as much detail as I could, with LoE with most of the documents to explain things so that there is no room for any doubt from the CO.

Moe shedid

Oct 4, 2018
Hello all. My background check status has changed from
"We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" to
"Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check" .

All this while, my other status are as follows:
- Review of eligibility : We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
- Review of additional odcuments : We do not need additional documents
- Review of medical results : You passed the medical exam

My AOR is 22 Feb 2019.

Has anyone been in a similar situation regarding the different status? What can I expect and how soon.

Thanks a lot.

murdan94

Nov 11, 2019
Hi you from where?

Heeey how long did it take for the background check and how long did the bgcheck say it was prcessing for untill you got the PPR?

Shzeem

Nov 20, 2017
Hi All,

If someone can kindly assist me on at what stage my application is. I raised a webform and they told me that I have passed my criminality and medicals and my eligibility and security is under review. However, my profiles says as follows:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • February 7, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • February 10, 2020 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Moe shedid

Oct 4, 2018
I’ve completed my interview and they requested some police certificates and I sent them; that was on March 20 .

Today the background status changed to ( we are processing your back ground check )

Application status:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Congratulations you are doing very good soon u will receive your final decision

ShannonT

Oct 21, 2018
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hi All,

If someone can kindly assist me on at what stage my application is. I raised a webform and they told me that I have passed my criminality and medicals and my eligibility and security is under review. However, my profiles says as follows:

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made
hello

review of eligibility will stay the same till everything is completed. Criminality takes some time, you should get “Decision made “ on ECAS within 2 months from 7 feb 2020.

Shzeem

Nov 20, 2017
hello

review of eligibility will stay the same till everything is completed. Criminality takes some time, you should get “Decision made “ on ECAS within 2 months from 7 feb 2020.
They told me that my criminality is all done. My eligibility and security is what they are working on currently. Wht do they do in eligibility review and is eligibility review and background check same?

ShannonT

Oct 21, 2018
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
They told me that my criminality is all done. My eligibility and security is what they are working on currently. Wht do they do in eligibility review and is eligibility review and background check same?
Eligibility is every check listed below ( biometric, security, additional docs, background etc). Once all your checks and doc reviews have been conclusive, they will confirm that you are eligible and issue the “Decision Made”.
Don’t worry, there is nothing you can do at this point , just sit tight , have faith and wait . It won’t be long, check my timeline in my signature below for an idea of how it was for me ;)

Shzeem

Nov 20, 2017
Eligibility is every check listed below ( biometric, security, additional docs, background etc). Once all your checks and doc reviews have been conclusive, they will confirm that you are eligible and issue the “Decision Made”.
Don’t worry, there is nothing you can do at this point , just sit tight , have faith and wait . It won’t be long, check my timeline in my signature below for an idea of how it was for me ;)
Really anxious. Though I have uploaded every possible document and have made very comprehensive LWOP.
Thanks for your response :). I guess the waiting part is the most difficult and give you thousands of doubts. Do you think its a good time to order GCMs notes?

ShannonT

Oct 21, 2018
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Really anxious. Though I have uploaded every possible document and have made very comprehensive LWOP.
Thanks for your response :). I guess the waiting part is the most difficult and give you thousands of doubts. Do you think its a good time to order GCMs notes?
welcome. Absolutely not, there is no point in wasting your money on GCMS notes, the information it will provide will neither boost your processing speed nor reassure you. Even though you get final decision, you will still have to wait for an agent to actually update and send you a mail and unless GCMS notes can relate what the agent is doing and when he is typing your mail, it serves no purpose. The hardest part was unfortunately not the waiting, it is now when i am packing all my life in 2 x 23kg! Have faith, you will get your reply soon, just be patient :)

Reactions: ezechem24

Shzeem

Nov 20, 2017
welcome. Absolutely not, there is no point in wasting your money on GCMS notes, the information it will provide will neither boost your processing speed nor reassure you. Even though you get final decision, you will still have to wait for an agent to actually update and send you a mail and unless GCMS notes can relate what the agent is doing and when he is typing your mail, it serves no purpose. The hardest part was unfortunately not the waiting, it is now when i am packing all my life in 2 x 23kg! Have faith, you will get your reply soon, just be patient :)
Hi All,

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision
Hi Members,

So I have got ghost update today and it has changed background check status from "we are processing your background check" to "your application is in progress. We will let you know when we will begin the background check". What does this mean and in what stage I am in currently. Also I got my first update on 08th Feb 2020 after passing medicals and getting biometric request notified by an email.

Shzeem

Nov 20, 2017
Hi Members,

So I have got ghost update today and it has changed background check status from "we are processing your background check" to "your application is in progress. We will let you know when we will begin the background check". What does this mean and in what stage I am in currently. Also I got my first update on 08th Feb 2020 after passing medicals and getting biometric request notified by an email.
Hi Shannon,

I ordered my gcms notes recently and it says PAK PCs clear, Meds passed, For RFV review. Can you help me in understanding it.

Thanks.