+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
yes. it says: we started processing..... application on August 27, 2020." Our lawyer says that he did not receive any letter. Although the one who has the same timline with us, received a confirmation email..
You’ll get it soon. Don’t worry. I know it’s easy to say and hard to do. From my experience comparing your case to others may be encouraging and interesting but at the same time it can make you feel disappointed and anxious. Just keep yourself busy. At least it’s the only thing that helps me. Good luck!

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
You’ll get it soon. Don’t worry. I know it’s easy to say and hard to do. From my experience comparing your case to others may be encouraging and interesting but at the same time it can make you feel disappointed and anxious. Just keep yourself busy. At least it’s the only thing that helps me. Good luck!
Thank you for your support! Good luck to you too!

Reactions: passenger19

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
I just checked my ECAS (just in case, you know...) and it’s showing Decision made!!!!! I didn’t get Pre-Arrival or anything else. Do you think it’s a positive decision????
I congratulate you!!! Yes, I think this is a positive decision! Please share your timeline:))))

• Love

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
I just checked my ECAS (just in case, you know...) and it’s showing Decision made!!!!! I didn’t get Pre-Arrival or anything else. Do you think it’s a positive decision????
I just checked GCKEY (just in case too). There was “Application updated”, I clicked on it and there was nothing new there. So it’s like a ghost update, I believe. But I never received any email regarding this “your application was updated”. Do you think I will get Pre-Arrival soon? Or what was it?

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
I congratulate you!!! Yes, I think this is a positive decision! Please share your timeline:))))
Thank you!! I hope it’s positive. They would ask for more info or interview if something is wrong, right? I’m an October applicant. AOR1 in Nov. Med, Bio, SA in Jan. Transferred on Jan 24th, “In process” on Feb 20th, AOR2 on June 1st. Omg I’m so excited!!

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Thank you!! I hope it’s positive. They would ask for more info or interview if something is wrong, right? I’m an October applicant. AOR1 in Nov. Med, Bio, SA in Jan. Transferred on Jan 24th, “In process” on Feb 20th, AOR2 on June 1st. Omg I’m so excited!!
you had the "in process" status in February, but you received a confirmation email in June? Yes, I think you should get a passport request soon! I hope

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
you had the "in process" status in February, but you received a confirmation email in June? Yes, I think you should get a passport request soon! I hope
Yes, it was a long wait for an actual letter. I believe, it happened because of lockdown in Poland. Someone was supposed to send this letter in Feb or March but was able to do it only in June.

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Yes, it was a long wait for an actual letter. I believe, it happened because of lockdown in Poland. Someone was supposed to send this letter in Feb or March but was able to do it only in June.
did this slow down the process? or is it just a formality, do you think?

aliseell

Dec 13, 2019
Wow!! Finally your frozen case moved)) so happy for you:) of course it’s a good sign) PPR is waiting for you soon!

• Love

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
did this slow down the process? or is it just a formality, do you think?
Yes it did. They worked only on exceptional cases, I think.
Wow!! Finally your frozen case moved)) so happy for you:) of course it’s a good sign) PPR is waiting for you soon!
Thank you so much!! I couldn’t even believe it. I made my partner check our ECAS because I thought it’s just a glitch or my delusion haha

Canuck_Morb

Star Member
Jun 29, 2018
Ottawa, Ont.
Okay, this is now getting weird.

I mentioned before I was in contact with someone in Moscow after a webinar they held. Out of courtesy let the person know I received the PPR. Here's what came out of this:

Russian law (apparently) does not allow passports to be sent across borders (actually outside the eurasian economic zone). The courier companies should not be accepting them and they could be held up at customs. (But if they do - shrugs?)

Moscow did not seem to be aware that Warsaw was doing this. The usual procedure is that the VAC offices send them to Embassy in Moscow for the visa printing. And the Embassy is currently printing some visas when needed in covid times. (I.e. only for those with the exemptions).

So, situation normal, all screwed up - that Warsaw/Moscow are not aware what each other is doing would be funny in different circumstances. My spouse is out of town so we can't submit right now anyway, so I'll look into this in the interim. (And maybe the VAC will open, seems the only restriction is excessive caution on the part of Canada)

So a question: any Russian (based) applicants sent their passports to Warsaw by courier and received them back? Did the courier companies ask about the passport issue?
We did, and our passport is already back in Russia! No issues.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, as far as I'm aware, it's at least very rare that they go to decision made without some intermediate step - particularly a procedural fairness letter (telling you what the problem is and giving you a fixed number of days to respond). That is a very formal document and you would have received a letter.

So without that, it's very likely/almost certain positive. They may or may not send pre-arrival (but Warsaw seems to be sending them). At least the cases here recently mostly seem to be going from decision made/ pre-arrival to PPR within a relatively short period of time. (Granted, only since August).

(And leaving out those that could never figure out ECAS like me)

I'm superstititous enough not to break out the online champagne but every step forward is good news.