+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Yes, as far as I'm aware, it's at least very rare that they go to decision made without some intermediate step - particularly a procedural fairness letter (telling you what the problem is and giving you a fixed number of days to respond). That is a very formal document and you would have received a letter.

So without that, it's very likely/almost certain positive. They may or may not send pre-arrival (but Warsaw seems to be sending them). At least the cases here recently mostly seem to be going from decision made/ pre-arrival to PPR within a relatively short period of time. (Granted, only since August).

(And leaving out those that could never figure out ECAS like me)

I'm superstititous enough not to break out the online champagne but every step forward is good news.
Yes I understand and agree with everything you said but you know, a small part of me has some doubts hehe. As I remember @Mariaont5119 got Pre-Arrivals three days after she got DM. I’m so happy for all of us! Hope to get something exciting tomorrow.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Russian law (apparently) does not allow passports to be sent across borders (actually outside the eurasian economic zone). The courier companies should not be accepting them and they could be held up at customs. (But if they do - shrugs?)

Moscow did not seem to be aware that Warsaw was doing this. The usual procedure is that the VAC offices send them to Embassy in Moscow for the visa printing. And the Embassy is currently printing some visas when needed in covid times. (I.e. only for those with the exemptions).

So a question: any Russian (based) applicants sent their passports to Warsaw by courier and received them back? Did the courier companies ask about the passport issue?
Because of the experience of others here who have already sent to Warsaw and received back by courier, I did a tiny amount of websearching and found this:

Срочная доставка оригиналов паспортов или свидетельств о рождении

Вам нужно срочно доставить оригинал паспорта или свидетельства о рождении Вашим родственникам или деловым партнерам за рубежом?

Компания ... напоминает, что с 1 августа 2012 года оригиналы паспортов и свидетельств о рождении принимаются на доставку как в Россию из других стран, так и из России за рубеж.

Обращаем Ваше внимание: при отправке в сопроводительной документации необходимо указать конкретную цель экспорта, например:
  • оформление визы;
There are other reasons listed here, but note the date of 1 August 2012. It seems something changed by law and there should be no problem sending by courier company. Or at least I assume the courier companies would not be advertising openly this service if it was against the law ;) . I don't know if this applies to the Russian Post/regular mail.

So I guess the Embassy in Moscow is misinformed about this. I'll see what they have to say about it.

But at any rate, anyone in position / wanting to send should be able to do so in (relative) confidence. And anyone being told by Warsaw they have to wait until the visa centre in Moscow is open - well, wrong, it can be done by courier (or if they get their act together, directly at the embassy in Moscow). Entirely reasonable to ask them to accept the passport for stamping in Warsaw by courier (assuming decision made etc).

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Because of the experience of others here who have already sent to Warsaw and received back by courier, I did a tiny amount of websearching and found this:

There are other reasons listed here, but note the date of 1 August 2012. It seems something changed by law and there should be no problem sending by courier company. Or at least I assume the courier companies would not be advertising openly this service if it was against the law ;) . I don't know if this applies to the Russian Post/regular mail.

So I guess the Embassy in Moscow is misinformed about this. I'll see what they have to say about it.

But at any rate, anyone in position / wanting to send should be able to do so in (relative) confidence. And anyone being told by Warsaw they have to wait until the visa centre in Moscow is open - well, wrong, it can be done by courier (or if they get their act together, directly at the embassy in Moscow). Entirely reasonable to ask them to accept the passport for stamping in Warsaw by courier (assuming decision made etc).
Thank you for the information. Seems like the embassy in Moscow knows nothing about anything.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Just received an email from Warsaw informing that the Moscow VAC (and Vladivostok too) is scheduled to open on Monday the 14th of September (but to check before sending through it, i.e. it's not on the VAC site yet). Specifically says we can deliver documents to the Moscow VAC though.

Obviously I can't guarantee anything, or which might be quicker but if anyone trying to decide whether to spend the money to send to Warsaw, may be worth waiting.

Reactions: passenger19

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Just received an email from Warsaw informing that the Moscow VAC (and Vladivostok too) is scheduled to open on Monday the 14th of September (but to check before sending through it, i.e. it's not on the VAC site yet). Specifically says we can deliver documents to the Moscow VAC though.

Obviously I can't guarantee anything, or which might be quicker but if anyone trying to decide whether to spend the money to send to Warsaw, may be worth waiting.
Wow, this is really great! Thank you for sharing.
UPD: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/rus/en/can/news/moscow

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello again, anybody know how to contact the Canadain embassy in Moscow? their phone number is not working, and they are not responding to emails.
I have no idea what else I can do. I have sent 3-4 emails, and VFS in Moscow sent them a request.
It has been more than 6 months since they got my passport.
Firstly VFS told me that my passports are in Moscow VFS, then today they are telling me that my passports are in Embassy. I guess they have no idea where are my docs.
I also called to IRCC Canada, they told me that everything is done, i can get me passports and travel to Canada. (closed work permit).
Hope the news above means some movement for you...

Reactions: passenger19

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Note, only accepting by mail or courier, but pony express within town much cheaper than the big courier companies to Warsaw.

I guess this means that they're not doing biometrics though.
Yes, I’m so happy they’re opening. It would save so much money. As I read on RusForum a person from Kaliningrad said it costed from 13.000 to 18.000 rubes to deliver one envelope to Warsaw and back. It’s like 5 hours by car. Bossmon’s wife said that from N.Novgorod to Warsaw and back costed 15.000.

bossmon

Jun 28, 2020
Russia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
02-12-2019
Passport Req..
02-09-2020
Yes, I’m so happy they’re opening. It would save so much money. As I read on RusForum a person from Kaliningrad said it costed from 13.000 to 18.000 rubes to deliver one envelope to Warsaw and back. It’s like 5 hours by car. Bossmon’s wife said that from N.Novgorod to Warsaw and back costed 15.000.
uggghhh. actually today we spent 17.625 rubles. I wish I saw this before. :(

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Yes! we canceled it. :)
Great! So you just need to order a new one that needs to be delivered on Monday between 10 am and 13:30 pm. I checked PonyExpress and they have delivery options for 10 am and 12 pm. Actually they have so many cheap options. I bet others have them as well.