+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Great! So you just need to order a new one that needs to be delivered on Monday between 10 am and 13:30 pm. I checked PonyExpress and they have delivery options for 10 am and 12 pm. Actually they have so many cheap options. I bet others have them as well.
The way they work is so weird (both government and VFS). I understand why they have hours for receiving clients, i understand why they specify they'll only send stuff out once or twice a week - but what possible logic is there to only accepting deliveries in certain hours?

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
The way they work is so weird (both government and VFS). I understand why they have hours for receiving clients, i understand why they specify they'll only send stuff out once or twice a week - but what possible logic is there to only accepting deliveries in certain hours?
I think that’s because there would be no one after 14:00. But this is just my guess.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I think that’s because there would be no one after 14:00. But this is just my guess.
It's an office. Likely with segregated mail receipt. Any place that's not totally weird will accept email during business hours.

But clearly they don't approach like normal business.

Anyway sorry end of rant.

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
I'm a bit confused, the Moscow VAC is opening, but if the PPR letter says to send to Warsaw, so I'm a bit worried about sending it anywhere else, especially since I haven't received any explicit procedure for how to send it.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
I'm a bit confused, the Moscow VAC is opening, but if the PPR letter says to send to Warsaw, so I'm a bit worried about sending it anywhere else, especially since I haven't received any explicit procedure for how to send it.
I think it’s totally fine to send the package to the VAC in Moscow because those instructions were made before today’s announcement. It would be more convenient and safer to send your envelope to Moscow, imho. If you have doubts, contact Warsaw.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The email I got from Warsaw was very brief with no additional info, the working text was this:
We would like to inform you that on Monday, 14 September 2020 two VAC offices in Moscow and Vladivostok will resume their passport submission services.

Therefore, we would like to inform you that there is a possibility for you to deliver the documents requested from you in the Passport Request Letter to one of these offices.
Then a line saying check the vfs site before sending.

So it's odd in that they didn't provide any more detail or instructions.

If you're concerned I guess the best thing to do would be check with Warsaw.

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
I think it’s totally fine to send the package to the VAC in Moscow because those instructions were made before today’s announcement. It would be more convenient and safer to send your envelope to Moscow, imho. If you have doubts, contact Warsaw.
I've written to Warsaw to make sure but I'm not sure if they'll provide an answer fast enough. Aren't there fees to pay and other things to consider too, when dealing with a visa center?

The email I got from Warsaw was very brief with no additional info, the working text was this:

Then a line saying check the vfs site before sending.

So it's odd in that they didn't provide any more detail or instructions.

If you're concerned I guess the best thing to do would be check with Warsaw.
Yeah I'll check with Warsaw. My wife will try to contact VFS too but part of my concern is that they'll probably get spammed with calls on the day of reopening, and we never really seem to get clear information in general.

Last edited:
Reactions: armoured

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
I've written to Warsaw to make sure but I'm not sure if they'll provide an answer fast enough. Aren't there fees to pay and other things to consider too, when dealing with a visa center too?

Yeah I'll check with Warsaw. My wife will try to contact VFS too but part of my concern is that they'll probably get spammed with calls on the day of reopening, and we never really seem to get clear information in general.
I was wondering about the fees too. When I did my biometrics in Saint Petersburg I was told that If I choose this VAC for the passport collection it will be for free. But now I have only the Moscow one as an option so would it be for free? Since I’m unable to submit my passport in Saint Petersburg which will be more convenient for me. I understand it’s just a business, they need our money, but will they consider it as a solid reason to not pay again?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I was wondering about the fees too. When I did my biometrics in Saint Petersburg I was told that If I choose this VAC for the passport collection it will be for free. But now I have only the Moscow one as an option so would it be for free? Since I’m unable to submit my passport in Saint Petersburg which will be more convenient for me. I understand it’s just a business, they need our money, but will they consider it as a solid reason to not pay again?
I'm happy others will have to try this before me, but here are the instructions:
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/rus/en/can/apply-visa
(Need to click on the sub-heading "Submit passports and other documents")

If you have received a notification from the Government of Canada requesting your passport, you have either:
You are a Permanent Resident applicant whose application has been finalized and now requires to submit the passport. You’ll have to submit the additional documents and/or passport, along with the request letter issued by the IRCC Office, at the Canada Visa Application Centre of your choice.

If you are a Permanent Resident applicant, and your application has been finalized, you’ll be instructed to submit your passport, a photograph as per specifications laid down by IRCC, and a completed Appendix B as well. You’ll have to check the instructions sent to you for complete information and guidance. Submitting your passport at the Visa Application Centre entails a service charge of Package Transmission fee.

Upon completion of the passport submission process you’ll be provided a receipt in the form of an receipt, indicating the total amount paid based on additional services you have used at the Visa Application Centre. ICR will also contain the application reference number and tracking number which you can use to track the application online.
Have your passport delivered to your preferred location. You can check the additional services offered at your nearest Visa Application Centre.
There is a table of charges, and (poor) information on how to pay. Note, my request letter did not include the Appendix B they refer to, so no idea what to do with that either.

But it looks like the charges are 990 rubles for the document transmission fee, and 984 rubles for the one-way courier service return. (I don't know if this applies to all of Russia or Moscow).

I glanced at the Russian language pages, it didn't seem much more clear to me, but perhaps more clear to others.

I'd still say will need to check with VFS to figure out the details.

Reactions: passenger19

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
I'm happy others will have to try this before me, but here are the instructions:

There is a table of charges, and (poor) information on how to pay. Note, my request letter did not include the Appendix B they refer to, so no idea what to do with that either.

But it looks like the charges are 990 rubles for the document transmission fee, and 984 rubles for the one-way courier service return. (I don't know if this applies to all of Russia or Moscow).

I glanced at the Russian language pages, it didn't seem much more clear to me, but perhaps more clear to others.

Thanks, I’ll check their site (Saying the person who didn’t receive either Pre-Arrivals or PPR :D) As I remember, Appendix B is the special form where you need to type colors of eyes and hair, weight and height.

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM

Thanks. I'm still thinking we might send through DHL to Warsaw just to follow the paperwork by the letter, unless we receive notice from Warsaw specifying how to go through Moscow's VAC pretty soon.

It looks like my wife would have to wire a bank transfer of 990+984 RUB for VFS and I guess include the receipt in the package.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks, I’ll check their site (Saying the person who didn’t receive either Pre-Arrivals or PPR :D) As I remember, Appendix B is the special form where you need to type colors of eyes and hair, weight and height.
I've heard that's what it is but didn't get with the PPR letter. Anyone get?

bossmon

Jun 28, 2020
Russia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
02-12-2019
Passport Req..
02-09-2020
Great! So you just need to order a new one that needs to be delivered on Monday between 10 am and 13:30 pm. I checked PonyExpress and they have delivery options for 10 am and 12 pm. Actually they have so many cheap options. I bet others have them as well.
yes, but I think we need to contact warsaw to make sure it's ok to send to Moscow.