+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting on student VISA, is it possible to chase for an update?

a_carreiro_2

Nov 17, 2012
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2013
We didnt write an explanation letter either and it wasn't mandatory. The website said it wasn't needed so we didnt bother. And it also said we dont need medicals and police reports but they will get in touch if they change their minds.

Tried calling the uk office today but it kept giving me an automated message saying use the website (so not helpful at all) so I went on their website and found an instant messenger thing that put me through to a person but they said they can't help me as I applied online and not through a VAC. Nor could they give me a phone number to a person that would be able to help. All they could say was they can't help me and try emailing again.

So basically, if you applied online but don't live in canada, you'll just have to hope they either send you an update or reply to one of your emails :(

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
hi

yes I applied without a letter of explanation and police reports as it was not mandatory. Oh really was it the 0207 number ending in 6600? This is so upsetting that you applied 10 weeks ago and have still not had a response. I will definitely not hear from them then as I applied in October. The worst thing is that there is nobody available to speak to in order for us to enquire about the application. Have you paid your yearly tuition fees? I am worried as the college wont refund fees unless we send them a visa refusal letter so could end up missing the start date and not receiving a visa on time.

I wish there was somebody we could speak to.

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Hi

I know its probably a tideous suggestion but have you tried checking your mycic account for any updates on there?

rubaiyat

Oct 18, 2013
I guess we just have to wait and wait and wait unless or until they response. I don't think checking MyCIC account will help actually cause if they send you any message, you will get an e-mail notification (just like when you submitted your online form, you received an e-mail from them that your file had been received and you got your application number.) I don't know what else to say. Let the fingers crossed..! But please inform me if you get any update.

a_carreiro_2

Nov 17, 2012
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2013
Thanks for the support everyone! Just being able to speak to all of you helps a lot.
I received an email response today to my email I sent yesterday saying 'your application is under review' but that was it :(
Hopefully someone is looking at it now.

Yes, the number i called ended in 6600 so don't bother calling it, there's no point.
I check my cic on a daily basis now just in case I dont get an email through but nothing new on there.
I've paid for the first half of the year tuition so far as the due date for it was mid October, so if I dont get a rejection by the first 10 days of the semester I won't get my money back :(

So stressful and disappointing that there is no proper support but there's nothing I can do.
I've tried everything I could :(
I'll keep you all posted if I hear anything, and keep me posted too if you get anything new.
Thanks again everyone! speak to all of you really helps!

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Hi

I think your application being 'under process' means that they are reviewing it now because I received an email saying your appliction has been received please check our webaite for processing times. I hope you get your visa very soon. Definitely update us when you hear from them as I will too as I feel that its the only way we have communication from them.

Soo frustrating how there is no contact its soo frustrating.

We have no othet option but to wait :(
hopefully it will pay off with us all getting visas approved. Good luck to everyone!

rubaiyat

Oct 18, 2013
Wait wait and wait.. Some people say when you stop expecting any response, then you hear from them. Have patience and let the fingers crossed. Good luck everyone.

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
hi

no i have not hear anything yet! have you?

reyhan649

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Student Visa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th, November 2013
Doc's Request.
Student Visa
Nomination.....
Student Visa
AOR Received.
Student Visa
IELTS Request
7.5 (R-8.5; L-8; S-7.5 and W-6.5)
File Transfer...
26, November 2013
Med's Request
Student Visa
Med's Done....
7th, October 2013
Interview........
Student Visa
Passport Req..
Student Visa
VISA ISSUED...
2nd, December 2013
LANDED..........
24th of December 2013
carreiro - Any news?

canadamalaysia

Oct 15, 2013
Malaysia
Visa Office......
singapoor
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
05/09/2013
Med's Request
18/10/2013
Med's Done....
19/10/2013
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Not Applicable
most probably the officers are wanking their ass off!!!!it's my 9th week now!!!and did my meical 25days ago

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
a_carreiro_2 said:
nope, nothing here either :( extremely stressed!
wow cant believe its been so long. website says 8-10 weeks! how many weeks has it been for you?