+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting on student VISA, is it possible to chase for an update?

a_carreiro_2

Nov 17, 2012
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2013
Hi all!

I'm currently living in England. I applied for a student VISA for January 2014, Seneca College, and a work permit for my husband on 28th August and I'm still waiting. If I'm to go, I need to know in the next couple of weeks in order to give notice at my flat/job so it's getting really urgent.

I applied online through CIC.. does anyone know if there's a number that I can call from the UK to get an update on my application? I've e-mailed but I've had no response

Thanks in advance for all your help :)

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Hi

I am British and applied for a study permit online on October 7th. I applied for my husbands Work Permit at the same time however he has an indian passport with PR in the UK. The website states it takes 7 weeks to process and they will not respond to emails regarding processing times unless it has been 7 weeks.

The waiting time is killing me!

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
If you applied on August 28 they should definitely have got back to you by now? i know they take a while responding to emails aswell. Did you apply online?

a_carreiro_2

Nov 17, 2012
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2013
Yes I applied online on the CIC website. We went through all the paper work a thousand times so I'm confident that we did it all correctly. One thing we didn't do is a medical but the website stated that as we were from the UK it wasn't essential (I hope that's correct)

I've been checking my e-mails every day but if we're going, we need to leave at the end of december, meaning I have to give notice at my job at the end of November - time is definitely running out and there seems to be no one available to ask for an update :(

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
Have you been checking MyCIC to see if you have any new messages there? There should be an automatic e-mail notification about every MyCIC message you receive, but I'm mentioning this just in case there's a glitch of some kind... (Though if you're anything like me, you're already checking MyCIC obsessively, so likely this tip is quite unnecessary :p)

canadamalaysia

Oct 15, 2013
Malaysia
Visa Office......
singapoor
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
05/09/2013
Med's Request
18/10/2013
Med's Done....
19/10/2013
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Not Applicable
nahh you cant track your application even if you email them after 7 weeks they will reply you with an email which they send it for everyone so the only thing you can do is wait wait and wait!!mine says 9 weeks but they asked me for medical on 6th week after that havent heard of them

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Hi

I have just realised that they have increased the waiting times by another week to 8 weeks aswell! Ive been religiously checking emails - waiting is the worst!

It is really frustrating that there are no contact numbers and the email responses are so generic. I really hope I hear something soon because as my husband holds an Indian passport and we applied online, they will request his passport to issue the TRV on his passport. They may also require him to undertake a medical exam which they should really advise people to do so when they apply! If these things are requested and I wont hear before December I may miss my course start.

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Hi

May I ask what citizens/passport holders you are? Or if you will require a TRV or if you are visa exempt to ente the country as a tourist? The reason I ask is that from what I have understood from this forum and other research I have done, I think that they issue faster responses to applicants who do not require a TRV. I think it also takes longer if there is more than one person per application. When did you email them about your application? Im extremely nervous I may miss my start date now I was hoping that the maximum time is the time written on the CIC website. You should definitely check your MyCIC account - did you receive emails confirming your application was received? I emailed them a few weeks ago and they emailed me back saying my application was received on Oct 7th and I will hear a response as per the processing times on the website.

a_carreiro_2

Nov 17, 2012
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2013
We're both british passport holders, so I don't believe a TRV is required. I've e-mailed them a couple of times but I think I'm gonna give up on that as they don't seem to reply.. the sad truth is that they aren't required to process it within a certain time, they can take as long as they like, regardless of whether or not we miss our start dates and lose out on tuition fees or anything - We had to give in notice at our flat so if it doesn't go through we're homeless! I don't mind, we'll happily find another flat in England if needed, but we just want to know either way so that we can start planning! Notice will also be needed at our jobs..

We did receive e-mails confirming that our application had been received so that's a good sign, but we haven't heard anything from them since. Toooo stressful, and I hate having no one to talk to about it :( (Except you guys of course!)

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Hi

I would have thought that as you are both British passport holders and dont require TRVs they would process applications slightly faster? The only other thing I can think of is that they may take the time required for a study permit and a work permit :(. I really wish I would have applied through VFS so I could call somebody for a status update :(.

Yeah after reading the website again today, it does say 80% of applications proccessed in these time frames! Have you paid your fees? I have paid fees and it took me so long sorting out the course and college so reallly dont want to miss the start date! I think as you are both British they will not ask you to undergo medical exams. May I ask what course/college your going for? Im wanting to pursue a diploma in HR after completing my Bachelors in Business this year. I also did not write a letter of explanation did you?

Have you looked on the canadian embassy in the UK telephone number?

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Btw I completely understand when you say you have no one to speak about it to. Nobody can really understand how difficult this whole thing is!

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
There is a contact number on the canadian embassy in the UK. It might be worth calling them as your application is well over the processing time guidelines. Furthermore, the application processing times were updated on October 30 therefore they should be more up to date.

rubaiyat

Oct 18, 2013
I am also in the same situation. I have also applied for the visa in London office. Though it's been only a week I have applied but still when I read this blog, it makes me scared. If they take 7-8 weeks then definitely I will miss my first class.

Let the fingers crossed & hope you guys get the visa very soon. Please let me know if you get any update..

Cheers!!

a_carreiro_2

Nov 17, 2012
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2013
We didn't write an explanation letter as the website says it wasn't essential - we've paid all the VISA fees though, as well as the university fees where required, so they should have everything they need.. I'm gonna give the UK office a call today but I'm worried they're gonna tell me they can't help. I'll keep you posted on what they say - thanks for all your help all :)