+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting on student VISA, is it possible to chase for an update?

a_carreiro_2

Nov 17, 2012
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2013
When we first applied, it said 7 weeks….9 weeks went by and the website changed to say 8 weeks, its been 11 weeks for me now :(

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
a_carreiro_2 said:
When we first applied, it said 7 weeks....9 weeks went by and the website changed to say 8 weeks, its been 11 weeks for me now :(
Omg if its been 11 weeks for you and you havent heard anything then ill definitely miss the Jan start date as I applied on October 7th. Do you think when applying for a study permit and an open work permit for a spouse they take the student visa processing time + work permit processing time? I really hope not as the principal applicant is a student visa and they should be processed together. All we can do is wait :( I really hope you get your visa soon. Please do keep us updated :)

a_carreiro_2

Nov 17, 2012
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2013
Well I don't think it will effect the process time because the principal applicant is a student, and regardless if my husband is applying with me, I need to know before start of term and be given enough time to sort out my life :( besides, processing time for a work permit is only 3 weeks so we still should have heard back by now :( keep me posted everyone and I'll let you know if I hear something as well
Good Luck everyone!!

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Hey

Anybody heard anything on their applications yet?

rubaiyat

Oct 18, 2013
canadastudentvisa said:
Hey

Anybody heard anything on their applications yet?
Not yet. Maybe, they will start processing after gathering all files together. I don't know what they are upto, but day by day I am getting frustrated.

a_carreiro_2

Nov 17, 2012
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2013
I emailed them yesterday as its now been 12 weeks since I applied, i got an email back saying 'in process and awaiting officer review". Now I don't know if this means that it needs the final stamp of approval or if no one has even looked at it yet :( it wasn't exactly clear. It also said there is no guarantee that I would get it back in the 8-10 weeks processing date as it can get delayed for 'different reasons' :(

It's beyond frustrating and stressful but what can we do?

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Hi

I cant believe its been 12 weeks and they havent yet responded. Lets hope an officer reviews it and you hear something this week. I think the emails they send are generic because they always respond saying your application is under processing when they should actually say its awaiting processing. Lets hope the mention of awaiting officer review means you will hear something ASAP. Im checking emails, this forum and my CIC so regularly that its becoming an annoying habit.

I hope you hear something ASAP.

a_carreiro_2

Nov 17, 2012
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2013
I do the same thing! I check the website just in case the email doesnt come through :(
I don't think it was a generic email, I think someone actually typed it out because it answered most of my questions (except the one asking when I was most likely to hear something back) and it referred back to to the email I sent so thats a good sign i suppose.

I also replied to that email asking if their email meant that no one has looked at it yet or if it means it just needs one last seal of approval, and if it DOES mean it just needs one more thing, how long will THAT take?

hopefully i get something back :(

Wasty

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
Hey Guys,
I pray that your visas get approved. I am also in the same situation. I applied with my wife on November 17th. Sometimes I ask myself, was it a mistake applying online?, however I encourage myself with a positive hope that, the news that will come will be a good one. Keep us updated on your cases so that we will know what hope we have waiting for us. Best of luck. Good things are not always easy to get. You will value it when you get it.
Thanks

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
a_carreiro_2 said:
I do the same thing! I check the website just in case the email doesnt come through :(
I don't think it was a generic email, I think someone actually typed it out because it answered most of my questions (except the one asking when I was most likely to hear something back) and it referred back to to the email I sent so thats a good sign i suppose.

I also replied to that email asking if their email meant that no one has looked at it yet or if it means it just needs one last seal of approval, and if it DOES mean it just needs one more thing, how long will THAT take?

hopefully i get something back :(

Hi

Its definitely a positive sign that someone at the visa office is actually addressing the fact that it has been 12 weeks since you applied and hopefully will do something to ensure your visa is processed faster. I was already soo nervous about applying and now the fact that I might not hear anything before my classes start is really scary. Thank you for posting on here your journey as its really helping having you to talk to. Please do keep us updated :)

a_carreiro_2

Nov 17, 2012
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2013
We all have to stick together! just knowing I can get on here and rant a bit really REALLY helps!

my only advice to anyone and everyone is DO NOT APPLY ONLINE if you can avoid it, probably best to go to an office and apply in person (an option I didn't know i had until 2 weeks after originally applying but didn't think much of it as it was still early days).

All of you are awesome and I'll definitely keep you posted if you keep me posted as well!

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Hi

Yes definitely will keep you updated but doubt ill hear anything yet as its only been 6 weeks so I think I'll be waiting until at least end of December. May I ask what course youve applied for? I had to enrol online yesterday to all of my classes for pg diploma. I'm a mature student although I finished my bachelors this year. I also provided financial support from my sister and brother in law so hope this doesnt cause any issues. Im also nervous as they will require my husbands passport to issue him a TRV.

a_carreiro_2

Nov 17, 2012
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2013
I've applied for accounting (2 year course) in toronto, I got accepted at the end of august. I think I need to enrol online for all my classes but apparently they are going to send out a schedule first for all new students at the beginning of December.
All our finances were in order, we had more than enough in our bank account and neither I or my husband need a TRV.
The only thing we didnt send in was a medical and police report as they were not mandatory, it said that if they need one they would let us know. They haven't asked so far so I'm assuming that they dont.

sksincanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
a_carreiro_2 said:
Hi all!

I'm currently living in England. I applied for a student VISA for January 2014, Seneca College, and a work permit for my husband on 28th August and I'm still waiting. If I'm to go, I need to know in the next couple of weeks in order to give notice at my flat/job so it's getting really urgent.

I applied online through CIC.. does anyone know if there's a number that I can call from the UK to get an update on my application? I've e-mailed but I've had no response

Thanks in advance for all your help :)
Even I applied online on 28th October, worst decision I've made. I've not heard the final decision yet. My course is starting in January and I've already booked my flight. How can I know my application status?

a_carreiro_2

Nov 17, 2012
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2013
i have no idea, that's why i started this thread
I just check my emails constantly and CIC constantly…i also emailed loads but thats all you can do