+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting on student VISA, is it possible to chase for an update?

sksincanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
a_carreiro_2 said:
i have no idea, that's why i started this thread
I just check my emails constantly and CIC constantly...i also emailed loads but thats all you can do
Can you please share the email address where you asked your queries?

sksincanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
a_carreiro_2 said:
Hi all!

I'm currently living in England. I applied for a student VISA for January 2014, Seneca College, and a work permit for my husband on 28th August and I'm still waiting. If I'm to go, I need to know in the next couple of weeks in order to give notice at my flat/job so it's getting really urgent.

I applied online through CIC.. does anyone know if there's a number that I can call from the UK to get an update on my application? I've e-mailed but I've had no response

Thanks in advance for all your help :)

Did you read this!

Note that you cannot use this Online Application if you will be applying with accompanying family members. Services that include accompanying family members must therefore be applied for using the paper process. Also, this Online Application can only be used by citizens of the following countries, currently living in any one of these countries. •Australia
•Barbados
•Denmark
•Finland
•Germany
•Iceland
•Italy
•Japan
•New Zealand
•Norway
•Republic of Ireland
•Sweden
•United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales)
•United States (including Puerto Rico

a_carreiro_2

Nov 17, 2012
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2013
WHAT?! where did you see this?!?!? can you send me the link?

sksincanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
a_carreiro_2 said:
WHAT?! where did you see this?!?!? can you send me the link?
Goto your MyCic account, you'll find a '?' mark by the side of apply online option , click on ? Sign you'llfind it there.

fresDodGhi

Oct 10, 2013
I think your information is outdated. The online program has been extended since Dec 2012:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob486.asp

Wasty

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
If this is it, then what happens now? that means we shouldn't have submitted online as couples. The question is, why will the eligibility assessment enable us to do so if it is not an acceptable way of application? This is a serious thing at this moment. No wonder it only shows the application number of the main on the MyCIC page.
Thank you for this heads up.

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
I also saw this but it has been updated. I emailed CIC and asked them a few weeks ago and they said my applications were received. That information has been updated.

Wasty

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
I am going to withdraw my online application tonight and submit a paper application at the VAC on Monday. I will not wait for long. Even CIC is not responding to any e-mail I am sending them. I am not sure they have started processing our application because we submitted on November 17th. I don't think it good to leave us in the dark without knowing anything that is going on with our application. If you submit at the visa office, you have the chance of tracking your application online. Why nothing like that for the online application? They should have known the problem by now get it rectified.

I will let you know what happens

Nas man

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow this is serious.....

I opened a new thread about this topic a while back cause am in the same situation and my application is 5 weeks.

If you say we are not meant to apply online....does that state the reason why they (CIC) haven't said anything or kept quiet?

I want to be optimistic and not pessimistic....if we were not meant to apply online then why is the option there in the first place (is it to mislead people to collect their application fee?) i certainly hope not.

So i going to sit down, wait for update from CIC or from members of this forum to update us if there's any correspondence from CIC regarding their application.

Wasty

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
I have just sent an email to CIC for a withdrawal. I provided all the information that is needed for withdrawal, but I asked them if the statement concerning this is true, and it will affect our application then I would like to withdraw, but if not, then I wouldn't like to withdraw, but rather know how long it will take to process my application.
By the way, I would like to know how many days it takes CIC to respond to emails

sksincanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Hello everyone!
I got the visa today, I applied online on 28th October and received the passport request today.
For couples, kindly make sure the rules for online application are updated as they were not updated in my 'Mycic' account when I checked yesterday.

MyCic> '?' sign by the side of apply online application.
I hope everyone receive the passport request soon, do not withdraw your application at this juncture as I got the positive response, have patience. Everyone will get it soon. VOs know that we got a lot of stuffs to do before flying.

All the best
Cheers

sajal sharma

Nov 6, 2013
sksincanada said:
Hello everyone!
I got the visa today, I applied online on 28th October and received the passport request today.
For couples, kindly make sure the rules for online application are updated as they were not updated in my 'Mycic' account when I checked yesterday.

I hope everyone receive the passport request soon, do not withdraw your application at this juncture as I got the positive response, have patience. Everyone will get it soon. VOs know that we got a lot of stuffs to do before flying.

All the best
Cheers

congrats bro...

Nas man

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sksincanada said:
Hello everyone!

All the best
Cheers

Please kindly share your profile to make it clearly and give us hope

1. Are you saying you applied online with your spouse?
2. Regarding Q1 I mean student study permit and an open work permit for your spouse?
3. Do you leave in UK as well?

Also I check my GIC account and the '?' still states what you quoted earlier.........what does that mean for me? Cause my wife and I both applied under one application and (study permit for her and an open work permit for me). We applied on the 20th of October and still nothing except the confirmation we got from them after making payment.

siva246

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sksincanada said:
Hello everyone!

All the best
Cheers
good to know bro!
so how you gona send you pp.by courier or vac.
what was the email content.