+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting on student VISA, is it possible to chase for an update?

rubaiyat

Oct 18, 2013
Nas man said:
Please share you profile, did you apply with your spouse like the rest of us as well or just study permit and were you applications online. Are you a British citizen?
Hi,

I am not British citizen. I am resident of Sweden. I applied online for the study visa on Nov 2nd and received email to submit my passport to UK CIC on Nov 25. I am a single candidate. I am going to George Browne College for the post graduate program (Financial Planning).

a_carreiro_2

Nov 17, 2012
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2013
Hi everyone!

Today makes the 13 week mark….and I received both our applications back APPROVED!
Got the email today and downloaded the confirmation letters just now. :)

It took such a long time for them to get back to me but at least its over! and thank god! we only had this week left in order to give our bosses adequate notice!
Its been so stressful and way past the processing time but at least its over!

I hope all of you get yours back soon, keep me posted! I'll still be around on the forum :)

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Hi

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Im sooooo happy for you!!! Yay thats really made my day to hear that youve got youre visas!! Good luck with everything. I was really getting anxious that you hadnt heard anything back yet but now youve really given me hope.

I WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST FOR YOUR NEW LIFE IN CANADA!!!

a_carreiro_2

Nov 17, 2012
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2013
thanks so much!! hopefully you will hear something soon as well!! please post when you do! :) xx

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
a_carreiro_2 said:
thanks so much!! hopefully you will hear something soon as well!! please post when you do! :) xx
Thank you! May I ask did they send you 2 emails or just the 1 from myCIC? Also when are you planning on going to Canada? December or January?

Nas man

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a_carreiro_2 said:
Hi everyone!

Today makes the 13 week mark....and I received both our applications back APPROVED!
Got the email today and downloaded the confirmation letters just now. :)

It took such a long time for them to get back to me but at least its over! and thank god! we only had this week left in order to give our bosses adequate notice!
Its been so stressful and way past the processing time but at least its over!

I hope all of you get yours back soon, keep me posted! I'll still be around on the forum :)

Congratulations.....finally you have made my day giving me hope that there's light at the end of the tunnel.....
Will definitely keep you posted as well when i get ours too....
So where are you going, which school and which province?

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
Congratulations, a_carreiro_2! That's one of the longest processing times I've heard of since I've been frequenting this forum, and definitely the longest for London that I can recall seeing. Have a great time in Canada! Hopefully canadastudentvisa & partner get their applications back approved soon too.

navvpuniazaildar

Star Member
Nov 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
chc chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-nov-2013
Doc's Request.
xx
IELTS Request
ilets 6.5
File Transfer...
13-nov-2013
Med's Done....
pre med .july 25 2013
Interview........
nt yet
Passport Req..
submitted with file
VISA ISSUED...
hope 4 the best
i applied under gen. catg. through vfs chandiharh on nov 12.. still waiting for reply.. wht do i do

codedguy31

Star Member
Nov 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
Nomination.....
27-10-2014
Med's Request
17-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
18-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
a_carreiro_2 said:
I emailed them yesterday as its now been 12 weeks since I applied, i got an email back saying 'in process and awaiting officer review". Now I don't know if this means that it needs the final stamp of approval or if no one has even looked at it yet :( it wasn't exactly clear. It also said there is no guarantee that I would get it back in the 8-10 weeks processing date as it can get delayed for 'different reasons' :(

It's beyond frustrating and stressful but what can we do?
Hi,

Congrats on your visa. Could you please share the email address you used to contact CIC about your application?

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
elokuu said:
Congratulations, a_carreiro_2! That's one of the longest processing times I've heard of since I've been frequenting this forum, and definitely the longest for London that I can recall seeing. Have a great time in Canada! Hopefully canadastudentvisa & partner get their applications back approved soon too.
Hi

thank you so much! I really hope it doesnt take 13 weeks or i'll miss the start of my classes. I'll definitely update when I hear anything.

Nas man

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys.....just checked myCIC for update now and i found out that they have made some changes to the outlook.

First under the Title 'What will you like to do today'
There are new stuffs there and they are; Apply for
1. Visitor visa, study and/or work permit
2. Eligibility verification number
3. IFHP

It also showed that the last update to our application by CIC is on the 30th of November 2013.

I have a question please, i clicked on IFHP to read what is all able and it inform him that i can make an application Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP) for the main applicant and family member. What does this mean and do i have to complete the form

Kindly help us with information about this and a_carreiro_2 i know you'll be busy with travel preparations were you told to do same thing? And canadastudentvisa please check your account and confirm if you have same thing please am waiting for a reply

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Hi

I have not logged onto myCIC yet but I will check now. I emailed them yesterday as its been 8 weeks since we applied and they replied today saying 'your file(s) are currently under final review and we hope to provide you with a decision very soon. I dont know what this means as they dont really give anything away. I asked them when I would hear anything about the applications or if they are able to advise me if I am likely to hear anything before the start of my classes. Its so frustrating as it really doesnt answer any of my questions. I wish they would say if it is yet to be reviewed by an officer, its in the queue etc?

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Nas man said:
Hello guys.....just checked myCIC for update now and i found out that they have made some changes to the outlook.

First under the Title 'What will you like to do today'
There are new stuffs there and they are; Apply for
1. Visitor visa, study and/or work permit
2. Eligibility verification number
3. IFHP

It also showed that the last update to our application by CIC is on the 30th of November 2013.

I have a question please, i clicked on IFHP to read what is all able and it inform him that i can make an application Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP) for the main applicant and family member. What does this mean and do i have to complete the form

Kindly help us with information about this and a_carreiro_2 i know you'll be busy with travel preparations were you told to do same thing? And canadastudentvisa please check your account and confirm if you have same thing please am waiting for a repl
Hi

I have just seen the updates on the website IFHP etc but I did not see anything about when CIC updated my application. Where did you see this?

a_carreiro_2

Nov 17, 2012
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2013
wow i never had that happen, I got an email saying there was an update on my CIC account. So I logged in and saw there uploaded a letter for me and a separate letter for my husband to say our application had been approved.

I think a few things have changed since I applied but I think if you applied before those changes went into effect than it wont affect you. Canadastudentvisa, i think that is a good sign if they said it is under final review! Thats more information than they gave us! Hang in there!

Here is the link I used to email them
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=london
You have to fill in the form then send it off.

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Hi

Hopefully it is good news :s I have been emailing them LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca with all my details. Ive never used that link before. Did you receive 2 seperate emails?