+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting on LMO/LMIA...share your timelines here and get through the wait

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Its been almost four weeks since my employer applied for my LMO and the wait is bothersome. I have to do whatever I can to distract myself during this process. Let's share our stories here.

Applied June 16, 2014 so far no word

pkefal

Jan 26, 2014
I know people who got it on 12 weeks, I know people who got it on 23 weeks.. I'm on 22nd now and still nothing.. so.. yeah, there might be a bit or a lot of waiting.

Basically what I do is try to distract myself by setting longer dates .e.g in 6 weeks from now, let's see where we are and I try to stick with that. It's not easy but it does the job.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
pkefal said:
I know people who got it on 12 weeks, I know people who got it on 23 weeks.. I'm on 22nd now and still nothing.. so.. yeah, there might be a bit or a lot of waiting.

Basically what I do is try to distract myself by setting longer dates .e.g in 6 weeks from now, let's see where we are and I try to stick with that. It's not easy but it does the job.
Hey pkefal. Thanks for sharing. Whatever works!

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Week 6 here. Anyone else waiting on a LMO/LMIA? Has anyone received one since June? Seems like no one has gotten a decision, positive or otherwise recently.

aika1987

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NOC: 7293
Province: AB
LMO submitted: mid february
Result: july 17th rejected

we do not know what is the reason, we just received this inforamtion from company (we are not now in Canada). Just want to add that the company many times successfully passed the whole LMO proces, so it is something related to new regulations.
and we still have second application

NOC: 7283
LMO submitted: mid april
Result: still waiting...

but I have bad feeling....

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
aika1987 said:
NOC: 7293
LMO submitted: mid february
Result: july 17th rejected

we do not know what is the reason, we just received this inforamtion from company (we are not now in Canada). Just want to add that the company many times successfully passed the whole LMO proces, so it is something related to new regulations.
and we still have second application

NOC: 7283
LMO submitted: mid april
Result: still waiting...

but I have bad feeling....
If the salary for the job is below the provincial median wage, it will get refused and the company will have to apply from scratch for an LMIA

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
I don't know my friend's NOC (something HR related) but it was received this week - it took 8 weeks

skepar

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Macedonia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is my timeline

Province: Alberta
NOC: 2174
Applied: first half of March 2014
Status: Processing... (Month ago Company was audited by SC)

Lets hope for the best!