+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting on LMO/LMIA...share your timelines here and get through the wait

AKJYMca

Nov 10, 2014
Hi guys, employer and I are waiting for LMIA just like you all. Let me share my LMO/LMIA time line.

NOC: 2253 (Drafting technologists and technicians)
Province: BC
1st application applied: Mid April (not sure)
Rejected: May 8th
***coz previous visa was expired, I went back home.
2nd application applied: Sep 12th

….. And now it’s already week 9. I am waiting anxiously here outside Canada. Feel never be able to go back.

This occupations might be many Canadian candidates…?

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
fswaspirant said:
Mine is BC / 2171 filed 3rd week of august - no updates yet.
Hi fswaspirant...
Do you mean you got your file number the third week of August or your application was sent off then? Got my file number/payment taken 29th September, Vancouver - I don't know my NOC. Just wondered how slow the old BC province is!

Thanks

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hi britinvancouver, my application that was sent in august. I dont know if any file number has been given. Employer / lawyer is not giving any updates after it was sent. Given you got file number end of september, when was your application sent?

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
fswaspirant said:
Hi britinvancouver, my application that was sent in august. I dont know if any file number has been given. Employer / lawyer is not giving any updates after it was sent. Given you got file number end of september, when was your application sent?
The letter (which had the file number in it) stated they received my application on September 18th. My employer has called SC and mine is still in progress with the program officers, so still got a while to go I should think.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ScottoCanada said:
Hi There, I think they filed mine as NOC code 0601. My province is MB :( It seems every province has slowed. No one seems to have their result.

:( :( :(
Hey Mate. Mine was filed in July too for Provincial (Manitoba) and on 1st Sep for Federal. Haven't heard anything yet.

EzioDema

Nov 17, 2014
Application from Ontario.

I sent my application in May: Rejected after a month (forms out of date). They updated all the forms for the LMIA
I sent all the new LMIA forms in September: I have been waiting for a month, my employer called CS and they said they didn't receive the application by fax.
I sent the application again in October: Rejected after 15days (forms out of date again)!!! They keep updating those forms. It's insane!!!
I sent the application this week in November AGAIN.

We'll see what happens.

Rahul77

Feb 3, 2012
Application for LMIA for Pmy employer have applied ermanent Residency

Hi there

My employer have applied for pharmacist LMIA with wages $42 /hr on 24 OCT 2014.I have been told that i gonna have LMIA within 10 days but Nothing heard from service Canada. Do they really follow 10 days LMIA rule for high wages jobs?

Thanks

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Rahul77 said:

Hi there

My employer have applied for pharmacist LMIA with wages $42 /hr on 24 OCT 2014.I have been told that i gonna have LMIA within 10 days but Nothing heard from service Canada. Do they really follow 10 days LMIA rule for high wages jobs?

Thanks
Looks like they don't.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Rahul77 said:

Hi there

Thanks
If they do I'm pretty sure its not automatic. It has to be requested. They have no way of knowing which applications qualify for 10 day processing because it takes weeks for them to even sort applications and input in the system. I suggest that people call ahead to find out how to go about getting 10 day processing. Having said that, no one seems to have obtained this 10 day processing service so I wouldn't hold my breath.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
My 11th week starts today....more waiting. What's happening with everyone else. My employer says she follows up every week and there's no new news to report. Anyhooo....all I can do is cross my fingers. Good luck to all. I hope we don't have to enter 2015 still in limbo.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
My 11th week starts today....more waiting. What's happening with everyone else. My employer says she follows up every week and there's no new news to report. Anyhooo....all I can do is cross my fingers. Good luck to all. I hope we don't have to enter 2015 still in limbo.
Well I am already entering in 14th week. My employer is expecting it anyday now but who knows. I will let you know as soon as we hear from HRSDC. Good luck to you. Please let me know if you hear before me..

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
ButterflyChemist said:
I am on 10th week, roughly. Because I don't know the exact dates. I hope the same! Will keep you posted.

metalrahul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hi guys,

My employer applied for LMIA through their immigration lawyer around mid July and got it approved by end of October. I believe I am under High Technology Professional in BC, as of now I am waiting for my work permit to be approved. I have a got request for medical check up last week but I had already completed medical check up early November and I asked company lawyer to forward the UMI number I received from the doctor's office.

Wish you all very good luck!

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
So I'm waiting on work permit processing but wanted to update my LMIA timeline:

Applied: September 24, 2014
Fees take : October 17, 2014
Approval: January 11, 2015

caprisj

Sep 5, 2015
Hi Guys,

My company has applied for my LMIA on June 16th 2015 in the BC province. NOC 1225.
I am outside of Canada and not aware of the progress. All I am updated is that " we are in queue and still waiting to hear back"
I have no idea what to infer from the above statement.

Eagerly waiting to see what happens.