NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
joolery said:
I am eligible for the 10 day processing and my employer has applied for LMOs in the last two year (have had approved LMIAs since the changes). It's been 2 months since the application and about 1 month since we got a file number.
When my employer called SC they mentioned that it takes 8 weeks from the time you get the file number. I am in the similar situation

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
ButterflyChemist said:
Week six of waiting here. Has anyone received any news? I expect that I will here something by week since it took 8 weeks last time to get the rejection for not meeting advertising requirements.
Rejection after 8 weeks? Did they charge the fee before they rejected it or not?
I have no news new. Apparently fee has been charged in a week Nov 6-10

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
The $1k fee is an assessment fee. Not to actually process the work permit, it can still as easily be rejected.

I thought I would have heard by now.

Coming upto week 9. I know a VO has been assigned my case. I'm now thinking that no news is good news. Advertising requirement is the only issue I can see. We will see.

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
jaybakerca said:
The $1k fee is an assessment fee. Not to actually process the work permit, it can still as easily be rejected.

I thought I would have heard by now.

Coming upto week 9. I know a VO has been assigned my case. I'm now thinking that no news is good news. Advertising requirement is the only issue I can see. We will see.
If it is 9th week i am guessing you must be getting yours this week. HOPEFULLY

Lady M

Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fastfood said:
Hey Mate I know you have applied for High wage position and the processing time is suppose to be 10 working days. But the 10 day processing applies only if employer has applied a successful LMO within last two years. I recon you check with your employer if your employer has applied lmo in last two years otherwise your application will process according to normal timings.
Can you tell me please from where you get this information,my husband boss just call SC and they said if the payment per hour is more than 48.08$,processing time is 10 days...and is first time when he will apply for LMIA

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lady M said:
Can you tell me please from where you get this information,my husband boss just call SC and they said if the payment per hour is more than 48.08$,processing time is 10 days...and is first time when he will apply for LMIA
Sorry I do not remember but I read it somewhere. It looks like you are applying LMIA in Alberta. Yes, if your employer can offer you $48.08 (Top 10% wages) you should be able to get LMIA withing 10 days.

Lady M

Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yea but is first time when apply for LMIA... 50 $'per hours...but now i have another dilemma ,they put the advertisement with 60 hours a week...and i don't know if the gov.allowed that...

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Aslong as the application matches the advertisement I can't see why they wouldn't.

I wouldn't like to work 60 hours a week though :/

ScottoCanada

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lady M said:
Yea but is first time when apply for LMIA... 50 $'per hours...but now i have another dilemma ,they put the advertisement with 60 hours a week...and i don't know if the gov.allowed that...
Hi Lady M, sorry for being the bearer of bad news, I am a "high wage" earner, and top 10%, unfortunately, if you look at other blogs you will understand that they are not sticking to their timelines! My employer filed my LMIA on the 29th July and I am still waiting and we have not heard anything! Prepare to wait a while!!

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
The only factor I can see coming into play is the province.

Ontario seems to have the longest turn arounds
Then bc

Then Alberta.

Have really seen any from the other provinces

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
@ScottoCanada - I saw your LMIA was filed in july! Which noc and province was yours? Mine is BC / 2171 filed 3rd week of august - no updates yet.

ScottoCanada

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fswaspirant said:
@ ScottoCanada - I saw your LMIA was filed in july! Which noc and province was yours? Mine is BC / 2171 filed 3rd week of august - no updates yet.
Hi There, I think they filed mine as NOC code 0601. My province is MB :( It seems every province has slowed. No one seems to have their result.

:( :( :(